15+ Year Old Account

No guaranteed legendaries from bosses while leveling?

I was leveling my crusader, killed skeleton king and all he dropped were some yellow junk.
    So yea, I was wondering, weren't bosses supposed to drop a guaranteed legendary after you kill him for a first time while not at max lvl?

It's the end boss for each act. So not the Skeleton King, but the Butcher.

the skeleton king did for a while but it was unintended, he was the only non main act boss that did

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Ah, ok thanks, I guess missed the part where they said end boss, probably just because I like legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    the skeleton king did for a while but it was unintended, he was the only non main act boss that did
    Yea, I remember him dropping legedaries after the quest resets too.

Also worth noticing, if you plan to do story runs now the 100% legendary drop is on Malthael, and you need to run all the game act5 included to reset quests.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-59 - Guaranteed bonus legendary off all end of act bosses
    60 - Only Diablo
    61-70 - Only Malthael

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    60 - Only Diablo
    61-70 - Only Malthael
    Is that actually true? A logical thing would be to move everything forwards, 1-59 means leveling in Vanilla, now 1-69 means leveling in RoS ergo all bosses should drop them unless you are max level?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Also worth noticing, if you plan to do story runs now the 100% legendary drop is on Malthael, and you need to run all the game act5 included to reset quests.
    Thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Is that actually true? A logical thing would be to move everything forwards, 1-59 means leveling in Vanilla, now 1-69 means leveling in RoS ergo all bosses should drop them unless you are max level?
    I'd personally would like to see all end bosses dropping a legendary regardless whether you're max level or not, makes sense as a reward. Of course you'd have to complete every quest in that act otherwise that would be abused to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Yep, I killed the Butcher last night, got a ring out of it. Naglering with 23 LoH. Not bad for level 24.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Some of us who don't have the expac yet (*sob*) will be stuck at 60, where only Diablo will have a 100% legendary.

It also seems like the very first time you kill Diablo on a character, you get 2 legendaries. One for killing an act boss the first time, and one for killing Diablo that "reset".

Anyone else notice this? Happened to me and 2 of my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    It also seems like the very first time you kill Diablo on a character, you get 2 legendaries. One for killing an act boss the first time, and one for killing Diablo that "reset".

I did get 2 legendaries on two new characters. I never got far enough to kill Diablo the second time, so I can't say if there would be a second legendary.

Deleted

didn't happen to me when i did it a couple of weeks ago, i just got the 1. however i wasn't 60 when i killed him, so that might be why

I killed diablo after reading this thread on my lvl 60 DH and yes, got 2 legendaries, killed him again and got another legendarie.

Its just the first time ever? im leveling a wizard and i havent killed any act bosses yet, not sure if its better to save the bonus for lvl 59.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12186838799#2

First Kill Legendary Items

These will drop for characters from levels 1-59.
    They will only drop from end of Act bosses (Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, Diablo, and eventually Malthael).
    Characters below level 11 are unlikely to find Legendary items, because they have a minimum level requirement. Currently there are no Legendary items available below level 11.
    Using the Reset Quest feature will reset the First Kill Legendary Item drops as well, but only for characters in the appropriate level range.

Reset Quest Bonus Legendary

Skeleton King dropping a Bonus Legendary was a bug that has been corrected, as it was not intended. We liked the idea, though, so we’ve gone ahead and added a Bonus Legendary to Diablo.
    These are an intended bonus for maximum level characters. Currently there is a bug that allows characters levels 1-59 to receive a Bonus Legendary item in addition to the First Kill Legendary item when they kill Diablo, but this is not intended.
    The Bonus Legendary is only available if you use the Reset Quest feature.
    We plan on moving the Bonus Legendary to Malthael for players level 61+ when the expansion arrives. Additionally, Diablo will no longer drop a Bonus Legendary for players level 61+.