Deleted

Skype sound problems?

Hey,
    Me and my mate talk over skype when we play games and stuff (Headsets) but at all times you can hear a sound like a fan a small bit, but every now and then the sound of a fan flares up and i literally have to throw my headset on the floor the sound is so loud and my mate says he can't even hear what it is I can hear, any ideas on what to do to stop it or what it is?
    Cheers

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happens with me too. I can hear my friend clearly on skype while playing Diablo 3, but she says she can't hear me well because my voice "fades off and on" or something like that.

Deleted
    Feedbackloop I think?
    It happens when the microphone hears the loudspeaker and the loudspeaker gets its input form said microphone.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2577040

Deleted
    How can I/we fix it, it pisses me off so much haha, I'm on windows 8.1 so is my mate my mate uses a Turtle beach X12 and I use a wireless Logitech headset if that matters, I can hear his voice fine when it happens its just like a massive ass loud horrible sound like a fan when it happens.

Deleted
    Reduce the Volume of the Headset and try if it has still problems
    If you have still Problems
    Reduce the sensitivity of the mic
    If you have still Problems
    Try another Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome one View Post
    Hey,
    Me and my mate talk over skype when we play games and stuff (Headsets) but at all times you can hear a sound like a fan a small bit, but every now and then the sound of a fan flares up and i literally have to throw my headset on the floor the sound is so loud and my mate says he can't even hear what it is I can hear, any ideas on what to do to stop it or what it is?
    Cheers
    Those are the simptoms of feedback loop enhanced by a feature called "microphone volume auto-adjustment".

Turn auto-adjust off on the mic and also speakers since you're at it (in skype's audio settings) and make sure the mic is not getting the sound from your speakers (in order to do that you can use headphones or have the speakers placed behind the mic).

Deleted
    Had a similar thing in the past when a friend was using their Surface tablet to receive a call from me, they had the TV on and if they didn't sy anything for a few seconds the mic would auto-adjust to try and ick up the TV, making my ears bleed in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    If your friend is running on a laptop make sure his headset mic is the one being used by skype and not the laptop's internal array mic which might be picking up his fan's noise.

There's also a toggle mute function that can be activated from the settings so he can mute his mic with a custom keybind kinda like push to talk but more annoying cause it requires 2 keys and you have to do it twice (once to unmute and again to mute)
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2014-03-27 at 12:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Always hated people with open mic's. Pissed me off in raids on ventrilo.