Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I use frost because I hate those arcane damage channeled spells. Arcane torrent and disintegrate are just boring gameplay for me. I enjoy frozen orb more, regardless of what its raw damage output is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wizard is at the moment easily the best class. After that I dunno. I've only extensively played a Crusader at 70. At 60 post 2.0 however I'd say Wizard, and Monk. Witch Doctor feels lackluster. Not sure how this changes at 70, and not sure if Piranhas is enough to boost the Witch Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    All these Frost Wizards think they know what damage is Drop that cold damage crap and go with arcane, few items boosting it and your mob melting capacity will make Frozen Orb looks like a wet noodle. And that's without even mentioning the far superior sustained damage capability of an arcane torrent wizard running AP on crit, you literally can't OOM if you have a couple items with it and decent crit chance.
    So much this. Arcane is at the moment totally insane damage. Even Disintegrate is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    All these Frost Wizards think they know what damage is Drop that cold damage crap and go with arcane, few items boosting it and your mob melting capacity will make Frozen Orb looks like a wet noodle. And that's without even mentioning the far superior sustained damage capability of an arcane torrent wizard running AP on crit, you literally can't OOM if you have a couple items with it and decent crit chance.
    I had been using the arcane torrent build since 2.0 and changed to frozen orb build when i got some cold/arcane orb damage items at level 70.
    They are just different.
    Arcane torrent build has a better single(boss)/small area dps. And by using just one active damage ability leave you one more spell slot for utilities.
    The frozen orb build is good for large aoe damage and short busrt.

FO is imho way better for the currently popular way of acquiring items.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-03-28 at 09:18 AM.

Blizzard clearly loves making wizards op

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wizard. They are the best class in D3- by best they have the highest capacity of screen wide damage in relative safety. D3's core play systems principle push damage as the main attribute.

Barbarians and Monks are just behind Wizard with Crusader and Witch Doctor beneath. Demon Hunter is the worst class in the game though their burst damage can be misleading to that point.

No class can hit multi million screen wide DPS like the Wizard at the same relative gear threshold. Wizard is tops.
    I dont agree totaly, WZ is great lots of builds can make great sinergies but I also have a monk even thou I dont have it 70 equiped I played it for alot of time in 2.0 level 60 and I can tell you monk is just as great if not more as wizard, Monk has tons of damage both AOE and single, group utility and the most important so much mobility is just crazy.

DH imo lacks on AOE department but can make single like no other, I do agre that the game is 50% AOE, 40% moving and 10% single and because of that DHs sufer

I haven't really been having any problem with my Crusader, he's only at like 200k dps with 7-8m toughness
    outside of the crusader i've been on my monk and not having any problem on T2 outside of stupid affix combos
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Wizard > Barb/Crusader > Monk/WD/DH

I'm having a blast playing my WW Lightning barb - 1M dps :-P
    DH are strong, way stronger then Monks for sure. Not sure how a perfect geared monk is, with TF, odyn son or WKL, max lightning geared with inna's set. But my monk is pretty weak, even at 800k dmg, I feel like I'm at 300k. On my DH I'm doing way more dmg then my monk with only 600k dmg, and that's low for a DH, too bad I don't survive long on my DH since my monk gear is pretty much lightning res, low on all res.

That's basically my experience with monks, love their gameplay, but seem WAY to weak. But as I say, I haven't tested a perfect geared monk, they may be decent.

But yeah Wizards most OP. Was watching moldran's stream and he was doing T3 with avoid, and he was just melting packs within a matter of seconds alone. Hope to see some class balancing in future patches, they definitely need to work on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    Blizzard clearly loves making wizards op
    That sure sounds funny with WWbarbs in mind.
    The game is still fresh. Blizzard have been balancing the game with geared players in mind.. I like to se how Barbs are doing with Perma Ancients pets and DH with Krindershots. I took my Barb to 66 yesterday and he easely match the dmg my Wizard was doing that level. He obvious takes more damage being in the middle of things - but that wil be solved with better gear. Wizards no longer have perma Archon builds to rely on and i have a feeling they will cap out sooner than some of the other classes ( the most effective Wizard spells have relative low wep %).

Deleted
    I'm quite happy with my Crusader, I pull around 270K without buffs and I can do T1 with ease.

Barbarion lightning whirlwind spec with Shard of Hate + ?? weapon. The lightning procs from the weapon triggered by whirlwind hit so hard and in such density that they can and usually do kill an elite pack before you hit the elite pack with the actual whirlwind attack, on torment 1-2. There is no clear best build or class though a lot of people sit in 2 camps

1. My class is the best
    2. My class is the worst (something else is the best)

When really it's probably neither of those, all the classes do really well in certain scenarios with different gear/specs. The Shard of Hate whirlwind barb is definitely one of them though.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a really fun time with my fire grenade DH spec atm, but I'm interested to try out a lightning monk. Don't have many wizard friends, but they do ok. All I can say is that my WD and Barb teammates have gotten really lucky with gear... and the decimate everyone else while our new crusader can't die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    DH are strong, way stronger then Monks for sure. Not sure how a perfect geared monk is, with TF, odyn son or WKL, max lightning geared with inna's set. But my monk is pretty weak, even at 800k dmg, I feel like I'm at 300k. On my DH I'm doing way more dmg then my monk with only 600k dmg, and that's low for a DH, too bad I don't survive long on my DH since my monk gear is pretty much lightning res, low on all res.

That's basically my experience with monks, love their gameplay, but seem WAY to weak. But as I say, I haven't tested a perfect geared monk, they may be decent.

But yeah Wizards most OP. Was watching moldran's stream and he was doing T3 with avoid, and he was just melting packs within a matter of seconds alone. Hope to see some class balancing in future patches, they definitely need to work on them.
    probably a dumb question, but do you use exploding palm?

Deleted
    I'll have to gear my Wizard because he feels decidedly weak. Sadly, I don't have a lot of time to play outside of work, so my time spent farming gear is limited.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M.../hero/25577457

I'm running Bounties on Master now, and sometimes stuff takes ages to kill. Elite packs are more of a guerilla warfare taking 5-10 minutes than anything else.

Even if you did Zero dmg, you wouldbe brought to grps. Cyclone Strike is the most OP ability in the entire game, and with the combination of Serenity and Dashing Strike, it's pretty much impossible to die unless you get oneshot (because you were playing on too high Torment lvls).

Still, a Monk with a decent chunk of +Lightning dmg and a Thunderfury, will do shittons of dmg with Sweeping Wind/Cyclones. Not at the same lvl as Wizards and DHs, but still enough to easily notice the difference if you go afk in a 4man grp.

Barbs and Crusaders seem to require the most gear to be useful, but in general, all classes are more than viable, with Wizards being "OP".
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2014-03-28 at 07:07 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    on Master now
    You shouldn't do master with that kind of dps. There is no point wasting time on that unless you really are in it for the kiting and "challenge".

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I'll have to gear my Wizard because he feels decidedly weak. Sadly, I don't have a lot of time to play outside of work, so my time spent farming gear is limited.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M.../hero/25577457

I'm running Bounties on Master now, and sometimes stuff takes ages to kill. Elite packs are more of a guerilla warfare taking 5-10 minutes than anything else.
    Reforge a socket on your weapon so that you can put in a crit damage gem. It really is such a difference that you cannot afford to be running without it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

As expected the thread is full of Wizard. Rightfully so. I'm on 500k DPS on my Wizard and my lowest crits are just below 2million with Frozen Orb. Just get a few pieces where you can afford to reforge into +cold damage or +arcane orb damage and you're golden.

Blur and Energy Armor - Prismatic Armor should let you do a few higher difficulties than your friends in the same gear (at least I assume, 17% and 25% reduced damage is pretty good). I went from struggling to not get blown up when I dinged 70 at T1 to just facetanking because moving loses DPS, especially with Unwavering Will.

Use Electrocute with the Prodigy passive for AP builder and Frozen OPrb as your spender.

Here's what I usually run with. If I know I'm up against a high health boss I swap Teleport with Archon 100sec CD and swap out Unwavering Will for Evocation just to make it that much of a breeze.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...NQ!ZcWS!YccZZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!