SoO Guild Run Help/Advice

Hello all, if this is the wrong place to post this, my apologies. If I could voice desperation through text, there would be a lot of it right now.

Currently my guild is facing extinction after four years of playing together pretty much every week end. This is due primarily to drama in the guild itself people we've pugged, and the server (we're one of those servers that really needs a merge, but won't be getting it.) Our guild is 13/14 reg in SoO and is third, horde side, to give you an idea of how bad the server is. There are no 25 man guilds at all on either side. Merging with other guilds has been tried, and failed multiple times. We're trying to keep as many people together as we can, but we can't even fill a raid group at this point.

All we can think of now is unsubbing, realistically, but with a lot of regret tied to it for some of us. The officers, which I am a part of, are seeking out our wolves/titles before unsubbing and trying again with WoD and a server merge. With that in mind we've come up with some options to try, but we have zero experience in, hence why I am prying around forums like these to try and help my guildmates. Honestly, any advice is good advice for us right now.

To note, we have tried wow forums to gather people on and off server with no luck. Are there other forums/resources we're missing?

Has anyone had any luck with finding off server/cross realm raids? Is there a preferred method to this? I can remember back in Wrath, people had to pay for help getting end of xpac titles. We'd like to avoid this, since we'd have to spend real money to transfer a guild vault with gold/items to pay for off server help. We (the officers) know the fight, we know our roles, we know different strats, we just keep ending up with stragglers that end up killing us and with no option for replacement. Even if we only get one kill for our wolves, we'd be happy campers. Thanks much for any input.

My guild just tried a normal run for the first time using Open Raid website and the oQueue addon to fill missing roles. It was 10 man we had to pug 5 people. It took awhile but with it we were able to clear up to the shamans before people got too tired. If you havent tried those you guys could look into that and maybe find something there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah with SoO being cross realm I'd try openraid. Let people know what you're after, set your requirements well (i.e. ask for an item level similar to yours) and armory people to see if they at least have the experience you all do. Hopefully cross realm raiding will help out guilds like yours. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Yeah with SoO being cross realm I'd try openraid. Let people know what you're after, set your requirements well (i.e. ask for an item level similar to yours) and armory people to see if they at least have the experience you all do. Hopefully cross realm raiding will help out guilds like yours. Good luck.
    This, this and more this. With cross-realm raiding in SoO now available, OpenRaid is perfect for your situation. I would go to OpenRaid and start your account immediately, if you haven't already done so. Set up your guild and from now on post every single one of your raids as an event on OpenRaid. I think you'll be surprised by the number of signups and the quality of players you might be able to attract. You no longer have to worry that there's a limited selection of decent raiders on your realm.

With OpenRaid, you really want to make sure that you're setting the parameters of your events correctly - like only select "Extreme" if you're farming the content and gauranteed to one-shot everything. Just be realistic with these paramaters and the iLvl you're asking for. If you set the requirements too high and you don't deliver expectations, your sign-ups will leave the raid; If you set the requirements too low, you'll attract scrubs. On the actual day/time of the raid, if you're still short players, you can use the OpenRaid chat feature (think of it as a cross-realm trade chat) to promote your raid and get some pugs that way.

Now, if you get some signups or pugs and you deliver a good raiding experience, you can add those players as friends - and maybe help bolster your roster through x-realm raiders. I would suggest trying to roll with 12-14 players.

Now the issue with this is that you need 8/10 for a guild run so you might only be able to take 2 signups/pugs from OpenRaid - but I guess you have to decide what's more important - just killing Garrosh or killing Garrosh in a guild group.

We're on a high population realm but have had roster issues lately and recruiting has been slow so we've used OpenRaid to fill some spots and help us not take too far a step back. We also use it for alt runs to make sure they go ahead even if we don't have the signups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our 10-man has the same issue, we were stuck on 6/14 Hc for awhile, cause people found D3, HS or other games to play or just are taking a break all together. This reset we tried Open Raid heroic run + progression boss. We killed a new boss with 1 pug along and made some decent progress with another pug from open raid on the other day.

I would suggest try OQ or Open Raid out to fill in your missing spots if half or bit more of your guild wishes to raid and progress. At this point you have nothing to loose anyway. Ofc pugging will always bring risk on stumbling onto bad people or people f-ing your raid lock up, but I still feel that it is still worth a try.