H Siegecrafter Crawler Mine Spawn Location?

Hello,

My 10man group is flip flopping on whether to deal with empowered crawler or empowered laser. One of the things that would help us decide is that in videos we watch, we see the empowered crawler mines jumping off the belt and landing in the same position. When we do it, 1st and 3rd spawn in the same location and the 2nd spawns further away. This makes it much harder to CC them because they are already split up and we need to use 2x the CC to keep them grouped up. Is it random where they spawn, we have never seen a different patterned in our experience? Is there a way to control where they spawn?

Deleted
    The position of where the mines jump onto the platform is based on the order of which the weapons are rolled onto the belt, which is a predetermined part of the fight that you can't influence by killing different weapons.
    Last edited by mmoc4e9ecc0058; 2014-03-28 at 01:06 PM.

The only time you could would be on say belt 6 where you get double mines and if you choose to kill one of the two mines vs dealing with both and killing the laser, which one you kill on belt will determine the spawn point of the activated ones.

This is going to sound pretty strange, but as others pointed out they are pre-determined. I wish I had a diagram but i don't. I just always memorize the areas and mark the 3 areas in our raid. If the mine is the first thing on the belt, the spawn point will be far down, near the pipes (which you can't jump in).

If they mines are int he middle of the belt, they will land on one conveyer belt rectangle "length" over to the left directly in the middle of that rectangle (it kind of makes sense since if you think of the conveyer belts as a series of rectangles just being rotated). I know this probably doesn't make sense, but if only I could explain it better.

And if the mines are in the back of the belt (i.e. weapon 3), they will land further over one rectangle "length", again directly in the middle of the rectangle.

The easiest way is to just look at where they land in your raid, and mark that area where they land. The point is it is never random.

Quote Originally Posted by webwierdo View Post
    When we do it, 1st and 3rd spawn in the same location and the 2nd spawns further away. This makes it much harder to CC them because they are already split up and we need to use 2x the CC to keep them grouped up. Is it random where they spawn, we have never seen a different patterned in our experience? Is there a way to control where they spawn?
    Ok sorry going to follow up again as I didn't fully catch what you were referring too.

Outside of what section of the belt they are hopping off, yes, the smalls will alternate the exact location they drop... but they will always drop in the same spot for that belt position. Like the rest of the fight, its memorizing the patterns.

Empowered mines as far as I know all hop down to the same starting point, but the small ones don't.

Havoc CB's almost one shot the small ones if you have Destro locks in your raid. They don't need any CC if your ranged focus them as they spawn. http://youtu.be/-4d9BGgNIbk?t=1m30s

The link shows what I think you are talking about, with 1st and 3rd spawning on the right side of where we are tanking the boss and the 2nd on the left side.