Poll: Does your guild have a Facebook page?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up Does your guild have a Facebook page?

Just curious, does your World of Warcraft guild and your Facebook mix? If your guild doesn't currently have a page, how comfortable would you feel if one were made?

RL pic threads are on practically every guild forum I've participated in, but I'm curious how people feel about actually linking up with their guildies on FB.

Mine does, but I'm not a part of it. I rather keep my FB and my Guild split. We have a guild website with forums which fulfills all communication needs outside of ingame imo so I don't feel like I need to join it either.

We had a private group that people could enter a while back. All we did was post dumb stuff, and left normal things (strat posts, game discussion, etc) to our actual forums.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Mine does, yeah.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Never been in a WoW guild with a facebook page. I wouldn't join it if it did although I do have a few wow friends on facebook.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mine does
    In fact, people use it more than any website we've ever tried to have.
    It's not all about the game and it helps us stay in touch with players who are on wow-breaks or have simply stopped playing.
    My dream is to one day turn the guild into a multi-game group so having us in one free place is a good start

Yes. I find it funny that people bring up the "I want to keep my WoW and Private Life separate" card in these kind of discussions, if you're honestly that ashamed of admitting you play World of Warcraft to your friends and family then you have some serious issues. And if it's the whole "I wanna remain anonymous to my guild" thing, well then it literally takes 2 seconds to create a fake profile to join your guild members in the group.

Yeah we have had a FB page for years now, nice to keep up to date with news, I often post WoW news on it, and keep in touch with people that have maybe moved on from the game or to a new server. Also used for some of the guildies that like to meet up on a regular basis.

My current guild has a website/forum but it's seldom updated and only about 10% of the members actively post on the forum. I'm hopeful that the FB will add more of a sense of community to the guild.

Deleted
    MY guild used to have there own forums ect but since we have remade the guild we have gone to facebook , as no one would use the new site we made

Its more of our community page. Were a branch of that community (WoW side). But yeah we have at least 1.9k+ members from all other different games. Mostly MMO gaming

Deleted
    I do have Wow friends on my facebook, but im not comfortable with having my eg. boss know that I play WoW, because of the stigma that is still associated to it.
    So my facebook is completely void of wow references. I once got a message "happy birthday mr raid leader". That is the only post on my fb that i actually ever removed. I sent that guildy a message with a thanks, and explanation why i deleted it.

Yes, im a closet player.
    Last edited by mmoce02695a3d4; 2014-03-27 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Typo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Yes. I find it funny that people bring up the "I want to keep my WoW and Private Life separate" card in these kind of discussions, if you're honestly that ashamed of admitting you play World of Warcraft to your friends and family then you have some serious issues. And if it's the whole "I wanna remain anonymous to my guild" thing, well then it literally takes 2 seconds to create a fake profile to join your guild members in the group.
    Well, that.. Or maybe some people actually want to keep it separate? I used to be in a guild that i really liked, except for two people, who happened to live really close to me IRL (they didn't know where i lived, so didn't know it was close). If i had joined a FB group with them, they would certainly find out who i was and that i lived in the same area as them, which i really didn't want.

I find it funny that people bring up the "you're ashamed to admit you play WoW IRL" card and use it to generalize and patronize a huge chunk of players they know nothing about.

OT: We don't, don't see much of a point with a website + guild chat app. Do have a few friends from wow on facebook though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we have one, but we only have a handful of members who I've already had on facebook since I made the page. We mainly use it for funny pictures and stuff when we're not in raidcall.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my old guilds did, it's fairly active too (I'm still a part of their page). My guild now doesn't have one, but it does have very active private forums, which I like even better.

We have one but its not used much. But then the guild as a whole is rather stagnant right now. Hopefully that changes in WoD and we start doing more. Definitely don't mind using it, I've used it more to show some UI's I tried out then got rid of. Also for updates of game stuff as for some reason not a lot of my guildies use MMO-champion or any other website and I find myself the one telling people about any updates coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a facebook page for the raiding alliance we are apart of, but I don't think anyone uses it anymore.

(we have guild forums for communication)
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-03-27 at 04:50 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I just don't want people from wow bothering me when I'm doing other things.
    like just the other day a guy from my wow guild got all pissy at me when I was playing diablo 3 and I didn't want to play diablo 3 with him.

no our guild does not have a facebook page but there's only like 12 of us and for the most part we don't do anything besides raid together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I find it funny that people bring up the "I want to keep my WoW and Private Life separate" card in these kind of discussions, if you're honestly that ashamed of admitting you play World of Warcraft to your friends and family then you have some serious issues.
    This is a gross misunderstanding of people's motivations.

Compartmentalising things doesn't automatically mean one is ashamed of something. Sometimes it's just about appropriateness in social context. Sometimes it's not anyone's business. Sometimes it's just about keeping online identities distinct from each other and from our real information to avoid presenting too much information online that can be tied together -- not that we want any of that information to be secret or anonymous, just not linked to each other.

I try to keep a lot of my online presence compartmentalised, even though there is absolutely none of it I am ashamed of. My Fark friends don't need to know my real life friends. My coworkers don't need to know I spend my evenings playing WoW (fwiw, my family does and many of them play). My family doesn't need to know that I want to fight in Dog Brothers. I don't want a future employer googling me and finding out that I'm into body modification. I'm not ashamed of any of these, nor am I trying to remain anonymous; it's about controlling personal information both on and offline. I want to limit the contexts so the people I want to know know and the people I don't think need to know, don't.

And I'm pretty sure I don't have any "serious issues."

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I mean, I'm a lawyer, and lots of my Facebook friends are professionals I work with. I definitely don't want to mix my professional/social life with my gaming life.