Deleted

[pvp] Enhancement mobility

Hi ,

i used to main a warrior for (w)pvp but switch to my alt (shaman). I though i could still go for a melee feeling and be able to switch healing if we were short on healers for wpvp.

But while im gearing it , the lack of mobility is "stunning" me. Are there any tips or i'm i just spoiled to have been playing as warrior. Because now im kitted or trained for death
    And i didn't even start with the survivabilty ... need to be full geared first to talke about it ,but for being kitted or trained (stun 100%) that wil not change with gear.. only skill abilities.

offtopic , how the hell do you stun some one with a capacitor totem (no use of TP)
    Last edited by mmocb8215096a5; 2014-03-28 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Cap totem is horribly unreliable without glyph/projection, it can be useful but personally I would have preferred some other cc if they were hellbent on giving us one for MoP.
    And yes compared to Shaman you have been spoiled with the excellent Warrior mobility, I think only Ferals got better mobility out of the melee classes. But still we have some good tools to help us out, I rarely tried it but my friends has and he said WindWalk totem, especially in arenas can be invaluable as an anti-kiting tool. On top of that we have a Sprint which (I believe) breaks existing roots/slows and nowadays can be used independently of the Wolves.
    I haven't actually played in a while but if you can find a glyph spot try using the Ghost Wolf one so you can never be reduced to below 100% movement speed. All of this coupled with Frost Shock and Earthbind should guarantee some uptime against all but the most slippery specs in the game.

1 min cd rootbreak/freedom totem
    1 min cd rootbreak/sprint
    Ghostwolf

UF:FB isn't in use anymore I'd think, with the new set bonus, and Ascendence pulls double duty as dps cd (in fact, dps is it's prime purpose) and has a high cd also.

Obviously, that cannot compare to Charge (12/20s cd), Heroic leap (45s) and intervening (30s) banners
    Warriors have three low cd insta gap closers, enh is down to movementspeed increases

Obviously, you'll have to deal with it. There's reasons arms warriors are the most highly represented of all specs in high ranked arena (around 15-20% of the top 1k 3v3 players are warriors, whereas ~3% are enhance).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    thx for the answer , gona be practice practice practice... Some people find me crazy to go from war to sham.

Enh have worst mobility then warrior in pvp, only realy cool thing what enh got are burst, offhealing and some nice tools to counter mages

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfke View Post
    Hi ,

i used to main a warrior for (w)pvp but switch to my alt (shaman). I though i could still go for a melee feeling and be able to switch healing if we were short on healers for wpvp.

But while im gearing it , the lack of mobility is "stunning" me.
    You will never find ANYTHING as mobile as a warrior. Enhancement has alot of tools for mobility as well as ranged pressure but compare anything to a warrior and you're going to have a bad time.
    Last edited by Felocity; 2014-03-29 at 05:30 AM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

10+ Year Old Account
    I can actually just never kite an enha shaman when I play my mage lol. Spirit Walk breaking roots + windwalk totem + ghost wolf = guaranteed 5 sec uptime at the least. That plus the totem reset talent and constantly slowed with a ranged interrupt and grounding makes them sooo annoying to fight.

Remember, you don't NEED constant uptime on your target unlike warrior. You have wind shear and immunities/sprints like rets do.

You still need uptime to apply pressure via damage. Shocks and UE barely do any damage. Sure, as a shaman, there's lots of abilities to annoy mages, but unless you actually connect as an enh, you wont even have much of a selfheal.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Playing enhancement from just few months, always liked melee, my main is lock over 2k last season, i'm not high rated player on my enh around 1.6-1.7k ATM but mobility was never issue for me, I play usualy with frozen power talent and ghost wolf glyph, so i got pretty good uptime on my kill target. I play turbocleave with druid so my Warr got another root break from symbiosis for all, and enh spec is so fun to play, burst is amazing while popped ascendace with stormlash and skull banner we can kill someone in just few sec from 100% to 0. Maybe i don't care much about rating on my shammy but would never change for another melee, one thing they could improve is survivability we just need bit more love from blizz, thanks Moik-Bronzebeard EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit walk, windwalk totem(x2 with call of the elements), frost shock, ghost wolf, and in some cases sham rage w/ glyph. Compared to warriors, ww monks,and dks, we dont have the "big" gap closers, but we do have mobility. To be honest I like enh over warrior just because roots are nothing to us. Dont even get me started with DK mobility.
    Survivability is fine, even though we dont have a reset button or immunity, Sham rage is a 1 min cd pain suppression + usable when stunned. And if that's not enough, rock bitter and unleash elements will mitigate alot of damage

Dont feel bad about capacitor totem. It is unreliable stun. yet it has it uses. Mainly I would use this if team mates need a peel, just toss it down. chances are they will kill it but at least it takes them off for a sec.

Good news: With the 6.0 patch notes there's a tiny, easy to overlook note stating that we'll get a couple of glyphs baseline while leveling, including our two most mandatory ones: Lightning Shield and Healing Storm. This leaves a lot more room for other, more optional glyphs.

I still dislike CPT/GW requiring a glyph, but they're much more afordable now at least. I'd go with Spirit Walk (25%/15s reduced cd), Shamanistic Rage and either GW or Feral Spirits, depending on mobility/survivability look out in WoD. There's to say, many things may change till release, for better or worse.

I think that means you unlock the use of them at certain levels, not just getting them passive.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator View Post
    I think that means you unlock the use of them at certain levels, not just getting them passive.
    Yes, such a bummer :-(

On another note, it appears that Storm Elemental Totem, enhanced by Primal Elementalist, will apply a 6y aura that increases movement speed by 100%. If we manage to steer that elemental with us for it's one minute duration, relocating the totem via totemic projection...

Would actually make the latter interesting... ground mount speed for one minute to you and your allies in arena, while having aoe heals and dealing damage...over powered talent :O ?
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-04-06 at 10:19 AM.