Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Unfortunately there is no way to PROVE anything but if I had to try it would be this.

Wrathion says: Kairoz! I want you to meet one of my most accomplished of agents.
    Kairoz says: A pleasure.
    Wrathion says: Tell us again why this island is so unique?
    Kairoz says: We do not know! That is precisely why I am here.
    Kairoz says: Time is frozen in this place. The island teems with life, yet somehow never changes.
    Kairoz says: Until recently this place was lost in the mists. Those few inhabitants who found themselves stranded here were forced to mint their own currency, immune to time distortion. It is the only way trade is possible.
    Wrathion says: I would very much like to study such unique items.
    Kairoz says: As would I! The presence of the Timeless Isle is proof that many things are possible beyond the boundaries of linear thinking.
    Wrathion says: Oh?
    Kairoz says: Indeed. After the Cataclysm, my flight's connection to the timeways forever changed.
    Kairoz says: What if it were possible to shape and mold time as you would a ball of clay? What possibilities await? What new worlds could we create?
    Wrathion says: ...I like the way you think!
    When they talk of linear timeways think past, present, future. If you had a non-linear time you could spend 50 years in the present building and army/empire/world in a single second of a linear timeway. The real magic of it was choosing the exact spot he wanted to spread his influence. He chose to interfere with the corruption of the Orcs by the Legion.

So again the only way it makes sense to me is to think of our timeline as the X plane on a cartesian graph. From 1 to infinity is past to future.
    Garrosh's Iron Horde's timeline is the Y plane, *almost perpendicular to the X plane neither moving towards the past or future but progressing in its own future from 1 to infinity apart from the timeline of the X plane (Our time).

This is how he created Legions of Orcs with advanced weaponry in two short months in our time. He stopped time, chose his point in history and created a brand new world from this moment in time. Any planet like Azeroth (X planes) would only have seconds to prepare where they have an entire lifetime (Y plane). A truly endless army. Thus the Iron Horde is from a Perpendicular Universe suspended between past and present just like the Timeless Isle.

Accept this of simply look to the picture below.

Lol in the end yes, "Its magic. I ain't gotta explain shit."
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only one who travels back in time is our only bad garry

10+ Year Old Account
    It is an alternate PRESENT that was created when Garrosh went into his past. There is no time-travel involved for the players themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    It is an alternate PRESENT that was created when Garrosh went into his past. There is no time-travel involved for the players themselves.
    I wouldn't call Draenor of 35 years ago to be the "PRESENT".

I really hate time travel in games, movies, books, etc. I feel like it's never done right and just ends up leaving you with more questions than answers.

the easiest way that i was able to understand it was like this:

-----------
    imagine Draenor 35 years ago. take a "snapshot" of it ( imagine it almost like a polaroid)

now imagine that we have taken that "picture" and (using bronze magic) made it into a real place that you can visit TODAY.

-----------

it IS an image of the past, but brought back to life, you aren't actually traveling backwards in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much time travel and alternate dimensions for my taste. Invent new characters next time please.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Too much time travel and alternate dimensions for my taste. Invent new characters next time please.
    Which is the exact opposite that people endlessly complaining about when it came to Cata and Mists. Apparently a portion of the player base has decided that WOW does not count unless you can directly tie to either Warcraft 2 or 3.

I always thought it was the past, but brought back in present time. As in, if you put two portals side by side and peered in, one would be how it looks now, and the other would be the past, but in present time, but stepping in both would still be "present time". Or something. I don't know. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever you go,
    it is always the 'present',
    regardless of date.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    It's an alternate dimension set in the past. This was explained by Blizzard multiple times.
    Too many people have selective reading and listening.

Meh, my original understanding (which may be wrong), was that GARROSH was the one who went back in time. Basically, he went back in time to this Draenor B, and instead of sipping demon mojitos and invading that time's Azeroth, they built the Iron Horde. The Iron Horde that attacks us had has about a decade or more worth of time getting accustomed to their new tech. So, in the end, we end up going through the new portal that leads to Draenor B more or less at the correct time. It would be a Draenor that had (however long the 3 wars timeline is) years worth of technological advancement. Meaning the Garrosh that was only gone for a few months to us is actually several years older when we see him next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Here's where the proof comes in: if we were traveling back in time to Draenor, the near instant we left, we'd also come back, regardless of how much time we spent there. But we don't. Time appears to flow equally between AU Draenor and MU Azeroth once they are connected through the Red Dark Portal.
    When Garrosh goes back he stays there for a while building up the iron horde, and time spent there is irrelevant since it's a different dimension/timeway separate from our timeline.
    After he's ready he builds the Dark Portal, linked it up to ours and at that point both timeways were connected at those specific points in time.

I'd say you're technically right that we don't time travel since AU Draenor has been linked to our timeline, however that's just nit picking. We are going to the past of an alien planet, in a different dimension.
    Philosophically it isn't the past since Garrosh fucked it by messing about and 'saving' the Orcs from the blood curse and many events haven't played out the same way they should.

EDIT: It's off topic, but there was something in the Twilight of the Aspects that I think I remember, something about there being many timeways, yet only one of them is the true timeway, only one is the correct path.
    Unless that just got ignored by Blizzard, we'll see though I guess.
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2014-03-29 at 12:45 AM.

It doesn't need to be proven. It's been known that it's an alternate timeline since the very beginning.

It needs a better description than time travel because people see people who should be dead and get confused.

This does remind me of the later season of that Sci Fi show "Sliders" where Cro-Magnon men discover Dimensional Travel and after finding out humans actually dominated most of the possible universes they decided to invade each universe until only they ruled over all.

Think of this new Draenor as one of many possibilities that exist in a Multiverse. We aren't traveling though time but into another dimension created from a divergent common history. We aren't going back but going sideways into another possible reality.

Honestly if the Titans were omnipotent beings who observed the seemingly limitless potential of the Arcane, Time, Life, the Emerald Dream(Blueprints for planetary life) you think there would be an Aspect that was supposed to monitor Interdimensional travel. That is kind of a big thing to leave untouched on an island with no official sentinels over it. We still don't know what is cuasing the island to be frozen in time lorewise.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2014-03-29 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    Meh, my original understanding (which may be wrong), was that GARROSH was the one who went back in time. Basically, he went back in time to this Draenor B, and instead of sipping demon mojitos and invading that time's Azeroth, they built the Iron Horde. The Iron Horde that attacks us had has about a decade or more worth of time getting accustomed to their new tech. So, in the end, we end up going through the new portal that leads to Draenor B more or less at the correct time. It would be a Draenor that had (however long the 3 wars timeline is) years worth of technological advancement. Meaning the Garrosh that was only gone for a few months to us is actually several years older when we see him next.
    It's wrong. Garrosh is building and connecting the DP on Draenor of 35 years ago to our DP (it is currently year 31 ADP). The entire setting of WoD takes place prior to year 0 (First War).
    Originally Posted by Tom Chilton
    You're here to defeat the Iron Horde. These guys have found a way—as a result of Kairozdormu and his involvement—to connect this world of Draenor of 35 years in the past... have that portal get built up and connect to our time. And we have an imminent invasion. (Source)

We are seeing those characters in their prime, not geriatric.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-03-29 at 03:25 AM.

I'm guessing that the time we spend on Azeroth during the pre-WoD patch will be the "Garrosh has been captured" phase. WoD hits, the AU/time travel method that Garrosh uses is discovered and we tag along for the show there. I think I'd be more happy with an alternate universe plot.

Time appears to flow equally between AU Draenor and MU Azeroth once they are connected through the Red Dark Portal.
    Wtb more portal lore.
    Deathrites Armory
    Orc Elemental Shaman
    Bleeding Hollow
    7/7 Heroic Highmaul
    1/7 Mythic Highmaul

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I understand what is happening with the time travel plot (It's essentially the same as Star Trek), the only thing that confuses me is when they connect up to our Dark Portal. I've seen some people say Draenor's portal is connected to the moment Garrosh escapes. But if Garrosh has spent two years amassing the Iron Horde, wouldn't two years have passed on Azeroth?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    While I understand what is happening with the time travel plot (It's essentially the same as Star Trek), the only thing that confuses me is when they connect up to our Dark Portal. I've seen some people say Draenor's portal is connected to the moment Garrosh escapes. But if Garrosh has spent two years amassing the Iron Horde, wouldn't two years have passed on Azeroth?
    i dont believe it has ever been stated directly, but its possible that two years -has- passed on azeroth. it would be a bigger leap than previous expansions have made but almost all of them have had some amount of a leap forward. Cataclysm for example i believe when you logged in the first day it was released, it was actually ~6 months after the cataclysm actually happened (excluding goblin and worgen start zones).