How does life on hit works now?

Hey guys,

I just noticed that even with over 1k life on hit and 1.50 attack speed, my witch doctor gets about 300 ish life on hit. This was in torment 1. Can someone please explain how life on hit is working in the game now and if attack speed or difficulty have anything to do with it anymore?

Different abilities have different life on hit modifiers. What skill were you using? Generally super fast skills have a lower ratio return on life on hit. This is to prevent crazy healing.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by topapagaramonde View Post
    Hey guys,

I just noticed that even with over 1k life on hit and 1.50 attack speed, my witch doctor gets about 300 ish life on hit. This was in torment 1. Can someone please explain how life on hit is working in the game now and if attack speed or difficulty have anything to do with it anymore?
    I would assume LoH means that if you have 1k LoH and you hit a mob once you get 1k HP. I know I have about 5k LoH and the numbers vary from 5k-12k but the reasoning for that is because it groups healing numbers together. For example if I have 5k LoH and hit 2 mobs it'd heal for 10k, etc.

LS on the other hand was based on healing coefficient. For example, if you have ability A that has a healing coefficient of .3 your 1k heal would heal for 300. If ability B has a healing coefficient of .5 your 1k heal would heal for 500. I don't think LoH uses those coefficients but it is possible.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Fire bats, leeching bats (the ones with no channeling cost).

I also use the fiery corpse spider ability when I cannot be close to enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump!

Does anyone know? or know of a guide that has the breakdown of life on hit for every ability?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Different abilities have different life on hit modifiers. What skill were you using? Generally super fast skills have a lower ratio return on life on hit. This is to prevent crazy healing.
    This is the answer. Im sure you can google the modifiers for each ability. Typically aoe abilities have a reduced effect of loh while single target gains full benefit.

Fire bats, leeching bats (the ones with no channeling cost).
    Yea this is an aoe and the fastest attack in the game I think, so it is only going to get a portion of your life on hit because that would be OP lol.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.