Thread: Is this you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Why are you doing LFR, get timeless gear and do flex... this is stupid.

Also, I think you don't realize that millions of these people playing this game are literally children.
    I think you don't realize that the average age of the WoW player is in the 20s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except the whole POINT he made is that he could get through LFR's smoothly while doing nothing, and now he can't and he's complaining about it despite complaining he could before. That is hypocrisy in it's simplest form.

And yes I don't like the guy, anyone who actually thinks he has a point about vanilla/TBC didn't know enough back then to know he's spewing BS.
    The point he made was that LFR was too easy. It doesn't teach a new player anything valuable. Right now, LFR is still too easy and doesn't teach anything valuable, but in addition to that it takes like twice as long to run in some cases.

And I'm not sure what you think is wrong with his view of Classic/BC. Seems fairly accurate to me. Nor do I see how that's quite relevant.
    Last edited by Shahad; 2014-03-29 at 02:54 PM.

Don't watching when I realized it was a preachwow video. Feel sorry for people who watch him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    The point he made was that LFR was too easy. It doesn't teach a new player anything valuable. Right now, LFR is still too easy and doesn't teach anything valuable, but in addition to that it takes like twice as long to run in some cases.
    No the point he made was that anyone could complete the content on it's lowest difficulty without lifting a finger - yet he is raging when while even attempting to do an lfr properly he fails?

I've only seen 1 run bad enough from boosters out of LFR's this month, and I've both boosted my own char and been helping a friend with legendary so while it's entirely anecdotal - Like his own experience and those in this thread (although the predominant opinion is that this isn't normal) - he decided to have a whine at blizzard because the filthy casuals are now even stopping him whining about how easy the content is by failing at even that. He even states in the video he doesn't do them for fun but for footage anyway (for his rants and whines).
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

lol at all this whining - why the hell to do stuff he doesnt like - masochists are around us and are so proud of being masoist that he makes videos about it - havent been in lfr since january and not planing to do - and i have one frikin advice for whining preach - DONT LIKE SOMETHING then dont F***** DO STUFF U DONT LIKe - simple ? simple

and seriusly he goes out with casual stuff ? those who bought frikin boosts with WoD prepurchase are most nerdy of nerds not frikin casuals :/ -_- casuals not gonan spend 50$ on something which doesnt even have set release date and that they have no idea how the gameplay in it will loook like from ptr/beta videos.

also sooo much lol lol lol about casuals using ptr to play - causals have no frikin clue ptr even exist - people who play casually on good lv and casuals are not frikin same thing - preach has proven one more time how elitest huge dbag he is nothing else.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-03-29 at 03:52 PM.

No the point he made was that anyone could complete the content on it's lowest difficulty without lifting a finger - yet he is raging when while even attempting to do an lfr properly he fails?

I've only seen 1 run bad enough from boosters out of LFR's this month, and I've both boosted my own char and been helping a friend with legendary so while it's entirely anecdotal - Like his own experience and those in this thread (although the predominant opinion is that this isn't normal) - he decided to have a whine at blizzard because the filthy casuals are now even stopping him whining about how easy the content is by failing at even that. He even states in the video he doesn't do them for fun but for footage anyway (for his rants and whines).
    The point he made, and this is something he's said many times, is that there's a problem with the community which is caused by the difficulty curve in content. You can go from level 1 to what was then the end boss (Lei-Shen) without getting a grasp of what you're supposed to do and without ANYONE helping you out on the way. THAT was his point. Part of the reason things are so is because of how easy LFR is. You just don't want to hear it that way because then he wouldn't be an hypocrite in your mind and you are, for some reason, deadset on hating a guy that produces a lot of really nice guides for new players. You even go so far as to imply he hates "filthy casuals" and they ruin the game, when the fact of the matter is that his guides are AIMED at low skill players (and he's himself a casual right now). Most of his content is aimed at players who are trying to get better.

You can disagree with his opinion on things. That's fine. I don't agree with everything either. But implying the guy does nothing but moan and whine and rant and hate "casuals" and is an elitist and whatever else you can cook up is downright stupid.

Now, to go back on this video. Yes, it's ranty and perhaps he could have thought it out better. Point still stands, Blizzard failed to handle the boost properly and that has had an effect on the quality of LFR groups. It was worse closer to the time the boost went live and now it's not quite as bad, but it's still not a good situation overall.

That guy is way more polite and politically correct than I am when going on about lfr on ts2/mumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They zoned in on TI, isn't that a starter zone where they can get epics?
    Most likely that's coming with WoD. The whole reason they released the boosted 90's now is pretty clear to me; They have nothing to offer and people are quitting. Giving people their boosted 90s now seems like a desperate cry to keep on playing while Blizzard offers you nothing new for the next half a year or longer. I truly can't wait for Q1 results, let alone Q2 results so we can see just how far their subs have dropped thanks to extremely easy content and no new content since September. If they're over 6 million by the end of Q2, I'd be downright shocked.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a dying game by a company that just doesn't care anymore.

Deleted
    Made me laugh

The point he made, and this is something he's said many times, is that there's a problem with the community which is caused by the difficulty curve in content. You can go from level 1 to what was then the end boss (Lei-Shen) without getting a grasp of what you're supposed to do and without ANYONE helping you out on the way. THAT was his point. Part of the reason things are so is because of how easy LFR is. You just don't want to hear it that way because then he wouldn't be an hypocrite in your mind and you are, for some reason, deadset on hating a guy that produces a lot of really nice guides for new players. You even go so far as to imply he hates "filthy casuals" and they ruin the game, when the fact of the matter is that his guides are AIMED at low skill players (and he's himself a casual right now). Most of his content is aimed at players who are trying to get better.

You can disagree with his opinion on things. That's fine. I don't agree with everything either. But implying the guy does nothing but moan and whine and rant and hate "casuals" and is an elitist and whatever else you can cook up is downright stupid.

Now, to go back on this video. Yes, it's ranty and perhaps he could have thought it out better. Point still stands, Blizzard failed to handle the boost properly and that has had an effect on the quality of LFR groups. It was worse closer to the time the boost went live and now it's not quite as bad, but it's still not a good situation overall.
    Glad you mentioned them - The shaman guide he made is the worst I've ever seen and is worrying considering I saw him using that character in main raids from his footage? I would rather link someone to noxxic than his 'guide' for enhancement. That's how incorrect it was.

Also your first paragraph doesn't change him being a hypocrite for complaining about LFR now. It is the same content he bashed for being so easy as you described. Evidently he wasn't 100% right now (although that video was more factual than anything else I'd seen by him, given he actually spent the time to do it himself rather than just pull up some internet myths)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Now that I thought about it.. I've done quite a bit of LFR on my Druid and Monk since the boost came out. The dps is terrible but I've yet to wipe more than once on a boss. I did get into a Galakras run that had 6 stacks of determination, but we one shot it after I joined.

I guess I'm just lucky?

I got a laugh out of that video.
    Don't know why he thinks that after WoD is released those that boost characters will magically learn their chosen class in the 10 levels it takes to reach the new cap, they couldn't do it before with 90 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I truly can't wait for Q1 results, let alone Q2 results so we can see just how far their subs have dropped thanks to extremely easy content and no new content since September. .
    doesnt matter for them even if the loose 2 mln subs they will make enough $$$ with RoS sales that it wont matter - and they can always release 1-2 more mounts on shop and make even more milion $$$ with it .

Glad you mentioned them - The shaman guide he made is the worst I've ever seen and is worrying considering I saw him using that character in main raids from his footage? I would rather link someone to noxxic than his 'guide' for enhancement. That's how incorrect it was.

Also your first paragraph doesn't change him being a hypocrite for complaining about LFR now. It is the same content he bashed for being so easy as you described. Evidently he wasn't 100% right now (although that video was more factual than anything else I'd seen by him, given he actually spent the time to do it himself rather than just pull up some internet myths)
    His Enhancement guide video is compatible with most if not all of the information available on Icy-veins (with the only difference I can see is an inversion of the Lava Lash and Stormstrike priority), so I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Either way, even if it's not 100% optimal, those guides are for new players. And as a fairly new player myself, those guides help a lot. You can disagree with his opinion on game design all you like, you really have no ground to discredit what he does.

He wasn't even criticizing LFR directly in the Accessibility and Apathy videos. The whole point of that video was essentially about player engagement and how the current endgame isn't keeping it. Yes, part of that means LFR. But it wasn't an LFR-bashing video. This one isn't either. This one is a rant about Blizzard doing something that is pretty silly, which negatively affected the quality of LFR groups. You are still making shit up to have reasons to not like him.

His Enhancement guide video is compatible with most if not all of the information available on Icy-veins (with the only difference I can see is an inversion of the Lava Lash and Stormstrike priority), so I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Either way, even if it's not 100% optimal, those guides are for new players. And as a fairly new player myself, those guides help a lot. You can disagree with his opinion on game design all you like, you really have no ground to discredit what he does.

He wasn't even criticizing LFR directly in the Accessibility and Apathy videos. The whole point of that video was essentially about player engagement and how the current endgame isn't keeping it. Yes, part of that means LFR. But it wasn't an LFR-bashing video. This one isn't either. This one is a rant about Blizzard doing something that is pretty silly, which negatively affected the quality of LFR groups. You are still making shit up to have reasons to not like him.
    I'm not making up reasons, they have been my reasons since his rant about why naxx was the best video was plaguing these forums and the battle.net ones, and continuously pointing out to every naive player that linked it just saying "omg hes so right" that he was wrong about a multitude of things. Back then I could be bothered to actually explain but now I'm happy for his fans to mindlessly parrot his drivel since its clear noone wanted to hear corrections to his misinformation back then or now.

I'm not making up reasons, they have been my reasons since his rant about why naxx was the best video was plaguing these forums and the battle.net ones, and continuously pointing out to every naive player that linked it just saying "omg hes so right" that he was wrong about a multitude of things. Back then I could be bothered to actually explain but now I'm happy for his fans to mindlessly parrot his drivel since its clear noone wanted to hear corrections to his misinformation back then or now.
    The Problem in the Mists (of Pandaria)? All he really said about Naxx was that it was regarded as one of the best instances released and that less than 1% of the playerbase saw it. Beyond that, I'm not sure what there is to be wrong about. There's the kill dates of bosses, the rest is just his opinion on how WoW could be better if everything was less accessible. You can disagree about his opinion, sure. I do too. Doesn't mean you have to go on a small crusade against everything he says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I usually like the videos of mikepreach but this was just whining. Yes, we may have too many undergeared and clueless people due to everyone boosting at the same time.
    Who cares, really? Avoid LFR, go out to sunlight, whatever. This expansion is already finished, do something meaningful instead.
    for 90% its finished cause they skipped the first 2 raid tiers completely.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

The Problem in the Mists (of Pandaria)? All he really said about Naxx was that it was regarded as one of the best instances released and that less than 1% of the playerbase saw it. Beyond that, I'm not sure what there is to be wrong about. There's the kill dates of bosses, the rest is just his opinion on how WoW could be better if everything was less accessible. You can disagree about his opinion, sure. I do too. Doesn't mean you have to go on a small crusade against everything he says.
    Now you're exaggerating my comments in a thread on mmochamp to a crusade, as you rush to his defense - the *FACTS* were wrong in that video, not his opinion. You are new so you won't know better obviously, but that is why his videos are such a problem.

Now you're exaggerating my comments in a thread on mmochamp to a crusade, as you rush to his defense - the *FACTS* were wrong in that video, not his opinion. You are new so you won't know better obviously, but that is why his videos are such a problem.
    The only facts I see presented in the video are boss kill dates. Everything else is subjective, thus an opinion.

Deleted
    Didn't he make a video a while ago where he was whining about clearing "current content" with half of the people being clueless/AFK?

Now this is hilarious to watch. Those are quite some double standards there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    Didn't he make a video a while ago where he was whining about clearing "current content" with half of the people being clueless/AFK?

Now this is hilarious to watch. Those are quite some double standards there.
    How hard is it to understand that now, people are just more clueless/afk? LFR did not suddenly get harder because lvl 90 boost got introduced, the average contribution of players queueing for LFR right now just took a deep dip.