Deleted

Can hunters have a ranged pet?

When I'm survival, I usually kill the mobs before they reach me while leveling, and my pet usually gets only few strikes in. Is there a ranged pet which can maybe do some more damage?

No, there are no hunter ranged pets.

I believe Wind Serpents can still technically attack from range- they'll still shoot off their lightning bolt ability while running in, but they don't have any ranged basic attacks.

More to the point, their lightning bolt ability and chimera's lightning breath and dragonhawk's flame breath don't actually do damage, they just debuff the target.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean and I am not sure I have only ever really used Boars,Spiders, and Cats. But I am pretty sure some Beatles have poison spit

No, worms used to, as well as serpents, but that just debuffs now, no damage.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

10+ Year Old Account
    we need more ranged pets, and blizz need to get the coding done that if there flying pets out, they can engage target that are in the air, as well as fly with u while on a flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    we need more ranged pets, and blizz need to get the coding done that if there flying pets out, they can engage target that are in the air, as well as fly with u while on a flying mount.
    Unless flying combat ever made a come back, I highly, HIGHLY doubt blizzard has any intention on allowing a pet to engage in combat while you are on a mount flying. Take ten seconds to think about why that would be a bad idea without some sort of air-combat feature beforehand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Unless flying combat ever made a come back, I highly, HIGHLY doubt blizzard has any intention on allowing a pet to engage in combat while you are on a mount flying. Take ten seconds to think about why that would be a bad idea without some sort of air-combat feature beforehand...
    It would help pathing issue with KC, had that problem with Huolon on TI.... damn KC wouldn't hit it....arrgh