Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It opens with "What would you say if I told you that right now, someone was choosing whether you would live or die?"

Honestly, that's not really an interesting way to start off a debate, to me. There's a difference between someone who's already been alive for years and a still-developing clump of cells.

Unless she's speaking to the fetus, but I don't think it would understand her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Don't like abortion? Don't fucking have one and stop ignoring science.
    Science has nothing to do with it. Nobody that is pro-choice every uses science as their argument. It's always about rights. Pro-choice proponents don't like bringing up science because science is specific, not just hyper vague and arbitrary when it comes to 'deciding' the 'definition' of a person for the five hundredth time.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Women's rights does not mean you have the right to kill a person.

You should be responsible enough to ever A) use birth control or B) have him wear a condom.

You murdered a person cause of your selfishness.
    You don't know her any more than you know me. Who the fuck are you to say what she is when you don't know the details?

Deleted
    This loaded thread is going to esculate quickly.

/popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    It opens with "What would you say if I told you that right now, someone was choosing whether you would live or die?"

Honestly, that's not really an interesting way to start off a debate, to me. There's a difference between someone who's already been alive for years and a still-developing clump of cells.

Unless she's speaking to the fetus, but I don't think it would understand her.
    Newborns haven't been alive for years, and humans are just massive clumps of cells. Your reasoning is arbitrary.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    I don't even think it is healthy for a child of that age to even have a moral or ethical view on such a thing. It is a bit morbid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

You should be responsible enough to ever A) use birth control or B) have him wear a condom.

No, she did what was probably in her best interest at that time. I personally feel we have enough unwanted, mistreated, abused children. It is selfish, but, there is nothing wrong with her putting her life and her future before a child she did not intend to have.

Same thing, they were brainwashed to be liberals as they were brainwashed to be Republicans.
    What? Your comment doesn't make sense. Unless you're trying to say the same thing happens to kids who have liberal parents? To which I would agree. I guess my point is that when a child regurgitates a parent's or significant adult figure's opinion, that shouldn't be applauded as something amazing. Lets wait until they're adults and can form their own opinions first. If they keep the same opinion, fine, but from my own anecdotal experience, everybody I've personally known growing up who may have been conservative because their parents are...are now liberals. Or at least NOT conservative.

Fetuses are a mass of cells. They are not a person. Up until the date of viability, this shouldn't even be a problem. After that? It gets iffy, but Im not going to force my opinion on somebody else's body. A Fetus still isn't a person even then.

One, no birth control is failsafe. Birth control fails 8 out of 100 times in any given year, and condoms fail 18 out of 100 times based on standard usage rates. Two, I couldn't care less about your opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    This sums my opinion up pretty well. While there are a few exceptions, it is very rare when a child is anything more than someone repeating their parent's beliefs.
    Yes, so nothing matters because conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    This loaded thread is going to esculate quickly.

/popcorn
    Na, it is just going to turn into spinner trying to talk about morality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    The typical failure of a faulty comparison between masturbation and abortion aside, you ignore what she actually says. She was never saying "But some good people might die!" she was saying "People ARE dying!"
    People are not dying, lumps of cells are, and those who are doing the abortions usually have good reasons.

She says Children when refering to clumps of cells developing from eggs and sperm.

Sperm are basically half proto-babies, so why isn't masturbation murdering trillions of half babies?

Of course they are, the fact that people have to argue this proves they are.
    The fact that people try to argue with people that are deliberately ignorant of science tells you that science is now flawed because you think it is?

Of course they are, the fact that people have to argue this proves they are. Of course there are reasons to have abortions but it's pathetic for a women to think it's her right to murder someone.
    What the fuuuuuuck did I just read. "We have to argue over whether it's A or B, therefore it must be B."

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The fact that people try to argue with people that are deliberately ignorant of science tells you that science is now flawed because you think it is?
    What does science actually have to do with this? The point along the line when something becomes a person is a trait that we define legally, socially, etc. Invoking viability is just sophistry because as medicine improves, the time required to reach a point where something can be kept alive will just shrink.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2014-03-29 at 02:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Is anyone else concerned that a 12 year old is talking about sexual matters? Call me old fashioned but I think this is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Nobody that is pro-choice every uses science as their argument.
    Medical science says fetuses pre 21 weeks are unviable. That's a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Is anyone else concerned that a 12 year old is talking about sexual matters? Call me old fashioned but I think this is wrong.
    Pretty much everybody I know had at least a sex ed class by 12. Here in Illinois we have it in 7th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, she did what was probably in her best interest at that time. I personally feel we have enough unwanted, mistreated, abused children. It is selfish, but, there is nothing wrong with her putting her life and her future before a child she did not intend to have.
    If she didn't intend to have a child, then she shouldn't have had sex, period. If you 100% don't want a child, then you should have 0% sex. If you are ok with only 99% not wanting a child, then use a condom and take that 1% chance. But the reason she is pregnant is because of her actions the vast majority of the time.

Abortion is a little despicable in my opinion. But I try not to judge people. I still think late-term abortions should be illegal, by that point the baby is learning from hearing your voice and other things. It might even hear that you're going to kill it.
    Call me Cassandra

While interesting that a twelve year old can form a coherent argument. Her opinion is irrelevant to the greater issue. There's nothing wrong with the termination of parasitic flesh that is not human.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"