Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

GM response regarding heroic lockouts

Hey all,

We cleared 13/14HC and stopped raiding for the week as it was towards the end of our last raid day for the week. We planned to extend the save after the reset however after clearing trash we found that Garrosh wouldn't spawn. We tried to soft reset twice to no avail. Garrosh wouldn't spawn.

I opened a ticket as I was the group leader and the one with the save. This was the response I got from a GM, is he right? I instantly thought he was wrong as what's the point of extending otherwise.

To clarify, we did kill all 13 bosses on heroic in that lockout.

Please do not post images, where people names/user names are visible. Edited your image.

Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-03-30 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    That's quite interesting, please give us updates on this matter if something turns out (and good luck with Garrosh!).

That's bullshit. If you extend a lockout it is the same "lockout". Lots of people extend to get progress time in.

The only way garrosh wont spawn on HC is if you derped and killed an earlier boss on normal.

If garrosh won't spawn, that means there is something up with the lockout (usually killed a boss on normal and you just forgot) and they're probably right telling you that you can't extend like that.

Granted, the part where they said you just outright can't extend to do the boss later is bullshit, that's not how it works.

I guess it makes sense, that you can extend the lockout to get some progress up to, but not including the last boss on heroic.

That GM is stupid. You can extend for Heroic Garrosh, nearly every guild who has killed Garrosh extended at one point.

Deleted
    That GM must have been drunk, when he replied to you for sure. That said, we had an issue this reset as well. After extending on 25 man Heroic last reset, we wanted a fresh run this reset. I was the leader and went in but suddenly several people couldn't zone in. They either got stuck on loading screen and then ported to the GY or they'd get the message that they were already saved.

They tried to delete their cache, restarted the game etc. and then we tried summoning them inside in stead. After 30 mins or so we finally got everyone inside but damn that was buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishpsycho
    but suddenly several people couldn't zone in. They either got stuck on loading screen and then ported to the GY or they'd get the message that they were already saved.
    Our restoration shaman had the same issue too when we extended for Siegecrafter, but after he did a good restart of his game, he managed to get in. I'm pretty confident that if somebody has a 13/14 HC lockout from the previous week, he will be able to extend and summon Garrosh.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Unless they changed something recently, you should be able to extend heroic lockouts on any boss.

While I'm not saying he's right, he did say "Extend heroic lock-outs to the end boss"
    Just because I see your original response, and someone else's, was you can extend heroic locks, which you can, but they specifically meant Garrosh and only Garrosh, so being able to extend the lock out to other bosses is irrelevant, this is only about Garrosh.
    But it seems like others have extended their lock out just for Garrosh alone before, so it's possibly just a bug?
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-03-29 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    While I'm not saying he's right, he did say "Extend heroic lock-outs to the end boss"
    Just because I see your original response, and someone else's, was you can extend heroic locks, which you can, but they specifically meant Garrosh and only Garrosh, so being able to extend the lock out to other bosses is irrelevant, this is only about Garrosh.
    But it seems like others have extended their lock out just for Garrosh alone before, so it's possibly just a bug?
    Then I will go ahead and say it. He is WRONG. Nearly every guild that has killed heroic garrosh has extended their 13/14H lockout, myself included. I still know people who extended their 13/14H lockout THIS WEEK to work more on garrosh.

It seems the OP ran into a bug or accidentally extended the wrong lockout or maybe someone in the group got saved to a normal mode boss or something, which is unfortunate. It also seems the GM has no clue what he is talking about (big surprise) and doesn't actually raid himself (another big surprise).

Didn't raids extend during the world first? I don't recall anybody going back in weeks 2 and 3 to start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Then I will go ahead and say it. He is WRONG. Nearly every guild that has killed heroic garrosh has extended their 13/14H lockout, myself included. I still know people who extended their 13/14H lockout THIS WEEK to work more on garrosh.

Exactly. We did the same. We killed Klaxxi heroic on an extended lockout and then went on to extend that lockout to kill Garrosh heroic. So it's definitely possible.

To the OP:
    However, I have one idea what could have went wrong in your particular case. You have to make sure that the person who opens the raid group and extends the lockout (and enters the instance first) has participated in all 13 heroic kills in the lockout you want to extend!

Since you said you extended the lockout/opened the group: Maybe you didn't participate in all kills in that lockout (i.e. your group killed 13/14hc in that lockout, but you weren't in for all kills)?!

You could try to figure out who of your raiders definitely attended all heroic kills for that lockout and let him/her open the raid and extend his/her lockout.

Other than that I'm going with the bug/normal boss killed theory.
    Last edited by Carline; 2014-03-29 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    Since you said you extended the lockout/opened the group: Maybe you didn't participate in all kills in that lockout (i.e. your group killed 13/14hc in that lockout, but you weren't in for all kills)?!
    That doesnt matter. If he missed Nazgrim and then came back in for Malkorok he would have to click the "accept" button or be ported out. When he clicked accept it would have been the exact same as him being in for the kill on Nazgrim.

My guild has extended on every single end boss in this whole expansion at least 1 week. Will, Empress, Sha, Lei Shen, Ra den and Garrosh.

I will say that we had a similar thing happen to us on Paragons. We extended on Paragons and when we came in the next day the door would not open on Heroic. If we switched to normal it would.

It was a bug related to the RP before the fight and the only thing that fixed it was a "hard" reset over night. I'm assuming it is probably the same thing since there is stupid RP before Garrosh also. The GMs cant even fix it. We had a GM in our raid watching and still lost a full raid night because of it.

Deleted
    that's some weird ass bug/glitch you got going on there.

as far for the GM his response, i'm joining the others here on saying that he's clueless.
    we extended our lockout a couple of weeks in a row, just too get Garrosh Heroic down for the first time.
    and i'm positive that nearly every guild who killed him has done that. so saying that isn't possible is just BS.

just keep everyone posting tickets about this, till you get a GM that knows what (s)he's doing.
    might takes a couple, but they're out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishpsycho View Post
    That said, we had an issue this reset as well. After extending on 25 man Heroic last reset, we wanted a fresh run this reset. I was the leader and went in but suddenly several people couldn't zone in. They either got stuck on loading screen and then ported to the GY or they'd get the message that they were already saved.

They tried to delete their cache, restarted the game etc. and then we tried summoning them inside in stead. After 30 mins or so we finally got everyone inside but damn that was buggy.
    We had a couple of players getting stuck on the loading screen as well but they were able to resolve the issue through restarting and waiting a while. Assuming that was an issue with the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    To the OP:
    However, I have one idea what could have went wrong in your particular case. You have to make sure that the person who opens the raid group and extends the lockout (and enters the instance first) has participated in all 13 heroic kills in the lockout you want to extend!

I did miss a couple of kills in order to trial a new healer but as mentioned, I would have to accept the instance lockout and I don't think this would have caused any extending issues. It's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I will say that we had a similar thing happen to us on Paragons. We extended on Paragons and when we came in the next day the door would not open on Heroic. If we switched to normal it would.

It was a bug related to the RP before the fight and the only thing that fixed it was a "hard" reset over night. I'm assuming it is probably the same thing since there is stupid RP before Garrosh also. The GMs cant even fix it. We had a GM in our raid watching and still lost a full raid night because of it.
    That's really interesting. Pretty much the exact same thing is happening with us on Garrosh HC. The RP just isn't activating when we approach Thrall nor does Garrosh spawn. Thrall just stands there scratching his head wondering where Garrosh is, extremely fustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    just keep everyone posting tickets about this, till you get a GM that knows what (s)he's doing.
    might takes a couple, but they're out there.
    I've got a few other raiders with open tickets regarding this issue. One GM responded to say that he had personally gone in to the raid to check the lockout and see if Garrosh spawns for him. Lo and behold, he spawns. Upon further questioning, the raider found out that the GM had gone in on normal mode, not heroic. /facepalm. Another GM replied to the tank to say that it is obviously a bug and that he would have to report it through the in-game bug report future with no further action able to be taken by the GM.

My guild master has now opened a ticket as he's getting as fustrated as I am at the lack of decent communication by the blizzard GMs over the issue.

And of course, I'm getting told that you can't even extend heroic lockouts.

Incredibly fustrating indeed, especially when there's four different GMs providing different generic answers in the hope that we'll just leave it at that. As you can see, I posed some questions in my response to the GM that I'm still waiting for answers on.

EDIT: I made a similar thread on the official forums to try and get answers from GMs. Of course none respond, but the one person who did respond said:

I believe it's correct - it stops people being able to clear more than they're able to, for such things as realm firsts.

Why didn't you spend the 2 raid days re-clearing instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    Why didn't you spend the 2 raid days re-clearing instead?
    He extended his lockout already, and most people in his raid zoned in already and accepted the lockout, only to find, after trash, that garrosh would not spawn, obviously. Can't go back and re-clear after you've extended ur lockout/accepted some1's.

OP you mentioned in your ticket that you had extended for 2-3 weeks on Klaxxi. I have heard tell of extensions getting screwed up when extending for multiple weeks, particularly when continuing an extension after killing a new boss. It is possible that you ran into such a glitch. I know my RL had us purposely reclear out of fear of losing a week to a bad lockout.

Also don't get frustrated at something like this. Garrosh is a long fight and getting angry this early on is not going to help you kill him. Good luck.

Deleted
    Currently spent the best part of an hour in the instance with an insanely helpful GM. Will update shortly