Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The untamed valley is blizzards ultimate response

i just read the untamed valley and it was awesome and hilarious.

the orcs in the story are pretty much all the forum trolls who are like "garrosh is da true hordez!" "horde needs to die for betrayin the warchiefz" "pandaz is childish!" "look at those girly elementals with animal faces!" "er mah gerd valley of the four winds so childish" "er meh gerd bunny people"

well what happens to them?

they get their arses beat by farmers and one night elf, the elementals they call childish resist them and just fuck with them almost the whole time, two of them get eaten by a giant fish, one gets their head bashed in by a mushan being ridden by a hozen.

and then whats the killing blow?

VIRMEN @_@

hundreds of these guys shouting YOU NO KILL CARROT!

thats right, all them garrosh loyalists got beat up by rabbit men and farmers.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Sounds like its just reinforcing the fact that a large zone of Pandaria are filled with Giant rabbits and beer monsters
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Sounds like its just reinforcing the fact that a large zone of Pandaria are filled with Giant rabbits and beer monsters
    i guess you didnt actually read the story, beer has nothing to do with the story.

its basically like "hey you know all those things you thought were silly and you think garrosh is awesome? lets have them kick your arse"
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

If everything you said is true then I have to read it now.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone has read the story. Should put spoiler tags.

Spoilers:
    Honestly, it was a funny moment to envision all these red eyes in the dark chanting that almost like some kind of goofy, adolescent cult, but the rest of the story turned me off. The korkron are supposed to be badass, not a bunch of redshirts sitting at the end of a bowling lane, waiting to be knocked down. Sure, the elements were difficult to control, for whatever reason, but they should have at least been able to put up some kind of physical fight, not just get ganked by a bunch of Pandaland farmers with freakin rakes and shears. I mean...come on. It's a bit of a joke. But I guess it just goes to show how Blizzard loves sticking to the old PANDAREN ARE FOR SERIOUS GUIZ campaign.
    Look! Words!

Just finished reading it myself, such a great story, I knew what was going to happen when it mentioned the bleeding orc crawling to the north only to be backed up when one of them found the bitten totem pouch.

the only problem i had with it is that maraad really doesnt do much.

it was kinda like they had the story and they were like "hey draenei are in the new expansion yeah? kay ima just put maraad in this story"

when i first saw the story before i read it i immediately assumed they were just gonna have maraad replace the player for that big battle at the end of valley of the four winds but it wasnt that at all.

the night elf is like "he just showed up and hes about to leave" and maraad is like "yeah velen is here because he thinks pandaria is cool"

they literally couldve replaced maraad with any random paladin and it wouldve been exactly the same except for the part where it mentions him having blue blood

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Not everyone has read the story. Should put spoiler tags.

Spoilers:
    Honestly, it was a funny moment to envision all these red eyes in the dark chanting that almost like some kind of goofy, adolescent cult, but the rest of the story turned me off. The korkron are supposed to be badass, not a bunch of redshirts sitting at the end of a bowling lane, waiting to be knocked down. Sure, the elements were difficult to control, for whatever reason, but they should have at least been able to put up some kind of physical fight, not just get ganked by a bunch of Pandaland farmers with freakin rakes and shears. I mean...come on.
    To be fair, They did mention that these were just crew of lower ranked Dark Shaman, not the real strong ones, otherwise they would of been in SoO with the rest, there was apparently only one real decent one out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i just read the untamed valley and it was awesome and hilarious.

the orcs in the story are pretty much all the forum trolls who are like "garrosh is da true hordez!" "horde needs to die for betrayin the warchiefz" "pandaz is childish!" "look at those girly elementals with animal faces!" "er mah gerd valley of the four winds so childish" "er meh gerd bunny people"

well what happens to them?

they get their arses beat by farmers and one night elf, the elementals they call childish resist them and just fuck with them almost the whole time, two of them get eaten by a giant fish, one gets their head bashed in by a mushan being ridden by a hozen.

and then whats the killing blow?

VIRMEN @_@

hundreds of these guys shouting YOU NO KILL CARROT!

thats right, all them garrosh loyalists got beat up by rabbit men and farmers.
    Havent read it, but if the OP is right just goes to show how full-retard Blizzard writers have become.

MOP is the biggest loser among all expaks, gratz to pandas for losing millions of subs and millions of $$$.

Kor'Kron getting owned by farmers.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Are those the same guys Varok SAUR-FUCKING-FANG used to command?

Quote Originally Posted by Zia View Post
    Havent read it, but if the OP is right just goes to show how full-retard Blizzard writers have become.

MOP is the biggest loser among all expaks, gratz to pandas for losing millions of subs and millions of $$$.
    mists of pandaria has been very profitable so it lost no money

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexinho View Post

Absolutely disgraceful.

the kor'kron during thralls reign was a small elite force to carry out the warchiefs commands.

the kor'kron under garroshs command was basically just a bunch of soldiers because he wanted an army

Once again people seem to not understand that aside from Mashok, and arguably Zertin, all of those Dark Shaman were novices. Otherwise they would have died or been captured at Orgrimmar. They weren't even there, something brought up directly in the story. Its almost like people complaining about it didn't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    To be fair, They did mention that these were just crew of lower ranked Dark Shaman, not the real strong ones, otherwise they would of been in SoO with the rest, there was apparently only one real decent one out of them
    Except this guy. He gets it.

10+ Year Old Account

MoP not only was quite profitable, but it made more money than Cataclysm. Sooo... yeah, you're wrong. And there's no pandas in WoW, only Pandaren. I've met my share of grizzly bears, polar bears, black bears, but no pandas, so far.

Also calling Blizzard's writers 'full-retard' while typing a post like that... hilarious.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    MoP not only was quite profitable, but it made more money than Cataclysm. Sooo... yeah, you're wrong. And there's no pandas in WoW, only Pandaren. I've met my share of grizzly bears, polar bears, black bears, but no pandas, so far.

Also calling Blizzard's writers 'full-retard' while typing a post like that... hilarious.
    These are the dying throes of MOP and pandas.

The game is leaving behind MOP completely and moving back to vanilla/TBC/Wrath "true" WC lore.

You are on the losing side of this game-changing shift.

So stop nerdraging and say goodbye to your pandacrap before WoD launch.

-peace

These are the dying throes of MOP and pandas.

The game is leaving behind MOP completely and moving back to vanilla/TBC/Wrath "true" WC lore.

You are on the losing side of this game-changing shift.

So stop nerdraging and say goodbye to your pandacrap before WoD launch.

-peace
    the shado pan are coming with us to draenor, so, sorry about the "pandaz" in your "true" warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

MOP has been profitable but honestly how do you think it has made more money than Cata seeing as it started with 2 million less players and has continued to lose players throughout its life?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    MOP has been profitable but honestly how do you think it has made more money than Cata seeing as it started with 2 million less players and has continued to lose players throughout its life?
    blizzstore makes them more money then those chinese players did

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    blizzstore makes them more money then those chinese players did
    They are not all Chinese players that left.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They are not all Chinese players that left.
    the vast majority of them were.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexinho View Post

Absolutely disgraceful.

As someone else mentioned, calling them Kor'Kron is kind of like calling fresh-from-Basic soldiers in the Army 'Special Forces'.

Also, the people of the Valley are descended from those who have survived invasions by the Mantid over thousands of years. Not your typical bumpkins, these.

Furthermore, those continuing the tired old 'xpac caused sub losses' trope need to realize: Blizzard could release the most epic and amazing xpac in the world that somehow packed in every feature every player wants without contradicting itself to death, and it STILL would not make sub numbers rise back to peak levels. Why?

THE MARKET HAS EXPANDED GREATLY. THAT IS WHAT CAUSES A LOT OF THE SUB LOSS.

WoW is not the only game out there in the MMO genre. Multitudes have arisen since it launched. And yes, some of them have died and many had a quick peak, then a drop. No one of them is a WoW-Killer. But collectively, they are eroding away at WoW's playerbase just like water eroded down through the land and created the Grand Canyon. It's just a question of time. Blizzard does everything to stem the tide, but they will NEVER stop it. Eventually, WoW will dwindle down to the levels most other games in the genre have.

So stop holding up your pet peeve as to why WoW is losing subs and realize it's not all about you.