New leveling zones

I'm pretty sure someone has mentioned this to some degree in the past, but how would you guys feel if Blizzard added a 1-80 leveling continent or continents?

This worl is huge, and the amount of continents that we don't even know about could be limitless.

A lot of people get bored of the level grind, but maybe it's because we've done the same grind for too long, and we need a change. Maybe start in your normal races starting area and have a race quest that takes you to a "new land" that can have a central hub for everyone and new cities for each faction.

Its Blizzards story, and they're fully capable of doing this and it being canon.

What do you guys think?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not at the cost of a raid tier.

Blizzard generally do not care about low levels. The only new content they want to make is max-level content.

But yes, I want new levelling zones and dungeons.

I don't think it makes sense. So many people don't care about leveling. Why make even more?

Until Blizzard can figure out how to make leveling mean more, they should not put more resources toward it beyond the bare min they need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they scale gear and content so that all new zones would be playable by all characters. This is something that I think really needs to happen. Do this and add some random events that spawn and that will make the 1-85 (soon 90) experience a lot more interesting. Level your toons--should you wish to do so--just about anywhere that your faction can go. Finish all the quests in the zone, etc. It might remake the game. It would also open up the possibilities for new quests in the old zones. The idea of new content anywhere appeals to me. What say you?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

New leveling zones = every new expansion leveling up to the next cap.

You don't need any more than that.

I think it would be cool if one day they added an outlaw system, so you can be exiled from your own faction & perhaps be able to join the other, then essentially you just get 1 - lvl cap of new quests you can do (tie some achievement into it and blizz is done)

I don't think it would ever happen though, doesn't fit the game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They redid many of the lower zones for Cataclysm. Perhaps they will do it again, but very doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see too much of a point in it, people would just get 'bored' of that too after they've seen it. And where. Though it would be interesting if Blizz were ever to decide to 'explore' the other side of the planet and do something with that... but as part of a continued storyline, just using it for fresh leveling zones for all levels would be a waste of space on the map imo.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    They redid many of the lower zones for Cataclysm. Perhaps they will do it again, but very doubtful.
    Yeah I don't see them ever wasting resources on this ever again. With subscriptions lower now then the 12m at wotlk they can't afford to waste their time and budget on old useless content - hence character boosts. We get new leveling in Azeroth, after affect was fucking dragon soul. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Only if they scale gear and content so that all new zones would be playable by all characters. This is something that I think really needs to happen. Do this and add some random events that spawn and that will make the 1-85 (soon 90) experience a lot more interesting. Level your toons--should you wish to do so--just about anywhere that your faction can go. Finish all the quests in the zone, etc. It might remake the game. It would also open up the possibilities for new quests in the old zones. The idea of new content anywhere appeals to me. What say you?
    Having played GW 2 I have to say this style of play works really well. All they would need to do would be to unlock mounts at the start, make riding account-bound. Scaling players down to the appropriate level of the zone would also make World PvP much more fair(yeah, five people could still faceroll one person, but such is the nature of open-world play)and make the overall world feel more alive. Suddenly it's not vast swaths of grey-con trash that you swat when it gets in your way. Same can apply to dungeons. They all remain current and relevant for levelling. Just add a similar loot system to GW 2, where some of what you get is zone-appropriate, and some is true level-appropriate.

No. God no. Holy crap no. Adding more content for characters well below max level is spending time and taking away from end-game. If there were a GW2-like system, it'd be fine; but WoW doesn't have that and with their current pace it would take them several years after the end of an expansion to release the next one if it had that as a feature.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    That isn't what I was talking about. I mean something 100% new.

The core of them game was always about endgame content, but now the game has changed so much, they could easily integrate this with san expansion, and add something very refreshing.

I also dont meam the new zones for leveling to max.

The gsme clearly caters to casuals more and more eqch year, and a lot of casuals like to stil level and see the world, this would most definitely make the game a bit more fresh, and if they did it right, it woild get stale for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    That isn't what I was talking about. I mean something 100% new.

The core of them game was always about endgame content, but now the game has changed so much, they could easily integrate this with san expansion, and add something very refreshing.

I also dont meam the new zones for leveling to max.

The gsme clearly caters to casuals more and more eqch year, and a lot of casuals like to stil level and see the world, this would most definitely make the game a bit more fresh, and if they did it right, it woild get stale for a very long time.
    No one has evidence to confirm or deny this. It is not a fact. Only a guess.

It is exceedingly hard for anyone not named Blizz to get a gauge of what the majority true casuals enjoy doing. (Eg, casuals doesn't mean "anyone who doesn't raid." its meaning is closer to those who don't play very often) Actually, for that matter that's true for any segment of the player base.

And NO ONE, not even blizzard (for now) knows without a doubt how new players will respond to free 90.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-30 at 06:48 PM.

I would really like a new continent, but it would have to be large and have more diversity in culture than Pandaria.
    Call me Cassandra

They tried this (for 1-60) with Cataclysm. It was probably Blizzard's largest failure, as a company, ever. Not gonna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just really wish they'd get rid of BFD and Gnomer, or really redesign them in cool ways. Wouldn't mind leveling dungeons in the Blood Elf and Spacegoat starting areas.