Poll: Did you enjoy Timeless Isle?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    Yes, it worked great.

I would have liked it to have a bit more direction in some way, but largely it worked well.
    That's how I feel. Kill 20 rare creatures daily is less engaging than 2-3 random dailies, IMO. I didn't really love the barrens weekly grind either, I just find those kind of grinds dull.

Quote Originally Posted by zaaz View Post
    it was a success in that i would go there for one day to collect all the chests, get whatever gear i could for my spec, buy mogu relics with my coins for tot extra rolls and never return
    Pretty much what I did on all my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    no, the gear is terrible compared to same ilvl gear you can get outside TI. The gear is technically blue quality but happens to be purple. It has one secondary instead of two, and the single secondary isn't at a level that makes up for the missing stat.
    In every slot (except trinkets), there are TI pieces that have two secondaries instead of one. It's just RNG which one you get.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was great from the ability to reuse other pieces of content in an around MoP. It succeeded as a mechanism for people returning to get catchup gear tokens. The mobs finally felt like the mobs of old in the way the hit you no matter the gear level. It Failed from the point where it was just another rep grind with little to no purpose other than getting a few pets and a mount, if you bothered to farm out the coins and the rep (very few mobs on a high pop realm mean a very long grind, even in a group).

As for the various rares well, they left a lot to be desired, they die so fast they are of no challenge whatsoever and the crap they drop is nothing better than what come out of the chests you farm out when you first get to the island (the various items they drop are just another thing to carry around in your bag or throw in an already heavily used bank). It might be ok from pvp stand point on a pvp realm, but does little to nothing on a pve realm control by either factions.

The fact that you could do just about everything in a couple hours when first getting to the island and the weekly boss killing for gear, and if you are still farming gear out of ToT (you need to farm the timeless coins to sell them to get mogu ones. Other than these last two reason their is little reason to go back to the island repeatedly. They grind on the island was no better than having to farm endless amounts of bones. If you are into that sort of thing fine, but I have better things to do then sit on an island for hours on end.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2014-04-01 at 05:04 PM.

Was it successful? Yes I think so.

Did I enjoy it? No, not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I'd really like a hotfix to the Censer of Eternal Agony where you can only gank same faction players that have the censer and no one else. It'll allow the dross to mindlessly kill themselves whilst others can just go ahead and get on with what they enjoy.
    Transfer to a PvE server if you don't like it. Or stop sucking and kill them, do they have a group? Make your own and kill them. It's not hard, you don't need to bitch and moan on the forums because you didn't realize what kind of server you signed yourself up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    In terms of people going to it then no doubt Blizzard think it was great. As worthwhile content if was fucking offensive. Isle of the Re-Hash where you can grind grind grind grind grind.... It was joke content flung together because they were too cheap and lazy to make some 5 mans to serve the same purpose.
    Because 5 mans aren't totally mindless zergable content nowadays, right? Also, grinding is an integral part of RPGs, may I suggest CoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Transfer to a PvE server if you don't like it. Or stop sucking and kill them, do they have a group? Make your own and kill them. It's not hard, you don't need to bitch and moan on the forums because you didn't realize what kind of server you signed yourself up for.
    The problem is that classes are far to imbalanced in WPvP atm to even make that statement. Also a large percentage of the coiners are Rogues. It is no fun to have them attempt to gank you, you finally get out of their stuns and start beating them back, just to have them vanish and sprint away. Then later they come back when you are fighting a large group of mobs and kill you. If someone wants to try and gank me, let them, but make them able to be killed too.

Great for gearing alts that you don't play often, good for a chance at pvp and warforged items without spending an entire afternoon in the game. In a way it felt to much like GW2 in the beginning (rolling around in zergs) after it died off it was better.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    The problem is that classes are far to imbalanced in WPvP atm to even make that statement. Also a large percentage of the coiners are Rogues. It is no fun to have them attempt to gank you, you finally get out of their stuns and start beating them back, just to have them vanish and sprint away. Then later they come back when you are fighting a large group of mobs and kill you. If someone wants to try and gank me, let them, but make them able to be killed too.
    So go group up with someone. Maybe if you're lucky they'll be a feral druid or warrior and the pesky rogue will either stay away, or be popped right back into the open after a vanish?

10+ Year Old Account
    No the endless grind for timeless/lesser tokens the free gear give away that people dont even bother to gem or enchant, and it had a knock on effect on some of the professions as well. Like Sha Crystal and some of the crafted gear being virtually impossible to sell.

It gave you lots to do, sure. But it didn't really satisfy on the lore front. Was too little questing and such.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Both Isle of Giants and Isle of Thunder and Timeless isle are a big success.
    The only one I feel was a fail was the Isle of Giants. The only reason to go there was for 1 outdoor boss and mini pets. Other then that there was really nothing imo worth while there. I've been there 3 times, 2 for the boss and 1 for the pets. Lost interest real fast there.

Emperor rep grind is really, really boring with just the one daily quest and the "kill archy at honored" quest. Nothing but a pet at Revered sucks as well.

Really forcing myself to go there each day on my main to finish out Exalted, wish that the rares all gave rep once a day at least so I had an excuse to do something there other than get the quest, kill 20 yakmen and leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your love/hate with daily quests. I found the isle great for a week while getting gear on my various alts but after i no longer needed gear the TI was a place i actively avoided. Censure groups ruin allot of the free form fun to be had on the isle and beyond grinding rares the rep grind was dull and tedious by design.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it was more fun than dailys...it had a couple of issues though mainly involving boss spawns/ bosses dieing instantly/ too easy etc >.<

Successful in gearing people up? Yes.

Successful in giving a lot of content in a very small space? Yes.

Successful in making World PvP an enjoyable activity for all parties? Nope.

I think it's a great start. If it weren't just a place where PvE'ers go and take giant shits on everyone or Rogue's popped out of stealth every 90s when their CD is up, it would be perfect.

It was a good start but to real make it interesting it needs to be expanded on. Needs more story and more types of quests, I wouldn't be opposed to having a limit that you could do per day, say 5, but having 20 or so available each day. Have them be various types and kinds of rewards based on how difficult they are too do.

Having a Rep to grind is great, it gives you a reason to keep coming back, but one pet and one mount doesn't cut it. Where the Rep failed was having interesting things to do with it and rewards gained for the massive time sink ( How about some unique transmog gear? ).

The rares are a great idea, but they need to be a bit tougher and each needs to drop something interesting.

Don't mind the loot gear, although a trade system ( maybe through the Rep?) would be nice. Sucks to keep getting things you don't need on any character when that one helm you need for your alt just won't freaking drop.

Overall I think they need to do a better job of tying it into the rest of the game world. Also for the love of god, leave a quick way to get there other than a long FP ride, so tired of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Timeless Isle was a mash between a dangerous farming zone (Isle of Giants) and a story/questing zone (Isle of Thunder)

but Isle of Giants and Isle of Thunder were so much better, Timeless isle feels like a mess. There was (and still is) so much more to do on the others.

Just like LFR, welfare epic is always welcome.

The Timeless Isle model is great. The content and lore wasn't necessarily the best ever, but the concept of Timeless Isle's gameplay with, say, 5.1's content is fantastic. I fully expect to see fantastic max-level outdoor content in WoD.

This kind of self-paced content works much better than the time-driven monotony of daily quests.