Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by diaskeaus View Post
    The same people play both Horde and Alliance. While it's true that certain battlegroups have better coordinated faction players, in general the numbers should be somewhat level. The fact that the stats show this not to be the case is an overwhelming show of bias. Why do the Alliance have such heavy wins in those particular BGs, and why do the Horde have a consistent stream of wins in every other BG? Is it just because the Horde are better PvPers? If I play Alliance and suddenly switch over to Horde, does that make me a better player suddenly? Or if I'm playing Horde and switch over the Alliance, am I suddenly worse?

What's. Going. On. I'm willing to accept that on a certain psychological level, it feels better to kill another player when you are actually playing a traditional fantasy monster, and that it feels better to band up together to kill a big baddie (like AV) when you are playing a heroic human knight. But I can't believe that is all that is going on.
    There was a bug that was recently fixed in IoC which should bring those numbers back to closer to even, it was a fairly signficant bug. The only problem now is that many of the regular horde pvpers have already blacklisted it.. so while the map/exploit was fixed, alliance will probably have more regular pvpers queueing for it against more casual horde pvpers who don´t blacklist anything.

A final graph showing total H/A would be nice

So fing easy to get those Q times down. These people don't have a clue how to populate a bg properly. PvP in WoW is the most frustrating experience to ever have in any game. It is just the worst end User Experience ever! Right now I am in a Q waiting for it to pop. The Avg timer says 11 min, I have been waiting 19 min. only to get into a bg where one side totally destroys the other side because of such huge gear discrepancy and composition of the teams. I literally go through losing 10 matches(once I went through 20 losing matches) just so that I can win one. Now IF THAT is not FUCKED up game play! I do not know what is.

The class discrepancies are ridiculous as well. You can have a class that can outlast a barrage of dps for literally minutes, while you have other classes that go down so easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Here come the graphs again. I'm looking forward to 8 more months of them.
    Then don't bother looking at it. There's still other things in the news post besides the graph.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    april fools guise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its funny how the past few graphs have shown horde dominating most BGs except for IoC, and YET when I have spent time doing random BGs, horde fails miserably. I want to know at what time of day horde wins so I can queue at that time LOL

On another note, the whole botting thing is just out of control in BGs, and has been for awhile. Yes I know I can do arenas and rated BGs, but what if I just want to run randoms for fun? Its still pretty sad when people sit in a 10 minute(or more), join a BG, then immediately give up when alliance are actually play and making the BG challenging. In WSG and Twin Peaks if alliance caps the first flag there is always some moron in chat that says "oh well guys they got the first cap, they're gonna win so lets just farm HKs in mid!" and most of the group just follow along.

BGs(and pvp in general) have been broken for most every xpac in one way or another. Its only seems to have gotten worse with every xpac. Blizzard seriously need to redo the whole pvp system, but at this point in the game I doubt that will happen.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Its funny how the past few graphs have shown horde dominating most BGs except for IoC, and YET when I have spent time doing random BGs, horde fails miserably. I want to know at what time of day horde wins so I can queue at that time LOL

On another note, the whole botting thing is just out of control in BGs, and has been for awhile. Yes I know I can do arenas and rated BGs, but what if I just want to run randoms for fun? Its still pretty sad when people sit in a 10 minute(or more), join a BG, then immediately give up when alliance are actually play and making the BG challenging. In WSG and Twin Peaks if alliance caps the first flag there is always some moron in chat that says "oh well guys they got the first cap, they're gonna win so lets just farm HKs in mid!" and most of the group just follow along.

BGs(and pvp in general) have been broken for most every xpac in one way or another. Its only seems to have gotten worse with every xpac. Blizzard seriously need to redo the whole pvp system, but at this point in the game I doubt that will happen.
    If you play in EU, Alliance dominate in Bg's.
    But in US alliance suck, and for this the graph is negative...

Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    If you play in EU, Alliance dominate in Bg's.
    But in US alliance suck, and for this the graph is negative...
    Wat?

Seriously, what? Alliance dominating BGs in Europe? What have you been smoking? I want some.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    The problem with what you wrote is it's entirely out of date, and seeing as you haven't played in years, that makes sense. Getting honor now on either side is incredibly easy. If you drop your Guild Banner you get 700 honor in 10 minutes on IoT, they also upped the honor rate in BGs, so even if you lose 70% of your games, with instant queues, Alliance still get plenty of honor (and don't forget to drop that banner at the end again). Gearing up in MoP on either Alliance or Horde is trivial at this point.

There are huge problems with the queuing system and BGs at the moment, but not getting enough honor isn't one of them.
    Well if getting honor is not a problem for the losing side, why aren't Alliance queueing more? What are the "huge problems" that keep Alliance players from participating in BGs?

10+ Year Old Account
    LoLolol! Go figure, the two BGs Alliance wins are the only ones with PvE in them as pretty much the "goal".. Hahaha! How sad, Carebears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    The problem with what you wrote is it's entirely out of date, and seeing as you haven't played in years, that makes sense. Getting honor now on either side is incredibly easy. If you drop your Guild Banner you get 700 honor in 10 minutes on IoT, they also upped the honor rate in BGs, so even if you lose 70% of your games, with instant queues, Alliance still get plenty of honor (and don't forget to drop that banner at the end again). Gearing up in MoP on either Alliance or Horde is trivial at this point.

There are huge problems with the queuing system and BGs at the moment, but not getting enough honor isn't one of them.
    Thanks for updating me on that, im glad they got something to work a little better in regards to PvP.

Still, the botting thing seems to be more endemic than before, hopefully they will have some sort of plan to counteract that soon.

Honestly, the whole Battlegrounds system needs an overhaul, not enough attention in development is really making it stale for most players and I think PvP could have been alot more in WoW if they managed to balance it properly.

I never understood why they did a full 360 with the MoP resilience changes. Why make resilience baseline to reduce the gear dependency and then ADD PvP Power to nullify that very change? (Correct me if im wrong on that, the last time i heard about it was when it was announced).

If anything should have happened, they should have made resilience baseline, and made PvP gear a cosmetic reward much like in Vanilla, i know the problem would become that it would be faster to gear than PvE gear but both sides of the coin arent really hard to achieve to begin with. PvE would have its prestige and PvP would have its own with arena/rated BG gear, and PvE has it with heroics.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2014-04-03 at 09:33 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol