Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destro OP? Nooo.. I love my Chaos Bolts!

i.imgur.com/mxmx8Ip.png

and

i.imgur.com/UfQ8Zwn.png

No berserk or any stupid buff but my own CDs and trinkets.

This just in, letting a Destro lock free cast has no negative side affects.

Yes, how OP destro is. I am one and I will tell you we are OP as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    This just in, letting a Destro lock free cast has no negative side affects.
    You're absolutely right.

It's a good thing that all of that damage that requires free-casting isn't accompanied by a bunch of abilities to negate control or maximize sustainability.

I apologize, but I was not trying to create a situation. Just thought I would show people numbers I was generating that Blizzard said no one class should ever be able to do. I know CB should always hit hard, but come on. Nothing stupid like this.

That's not even 10% of my biggest Chaos Bolts in PvE. They seriously need to buff Destro in PvP. This is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You're absolutely right.

It's a good thing that all of that damage that requires free-casting isn't accompanied by a bunch of abilities to negate control or maximize sustainability.
    All you did was link abilities confirming that yes warlocks have more than 1 spell. If a warlock gets a full chaos bolt on you while you are feared you will indeed need a heal, but 250k is still a long ways away from 1 shotting someone and any healer could patch it up pretty quick. Most (all?) healers have a way to either break fear or mitigate damage while feared, so under most circumstances they themselves would not wind up in this situation.

It's also pretty hard to keep an entire team under control and there is usually someone to shut down the casting.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm guessing this is how it went down.

OP joined BG.
    OP targeted some person that was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.
    OP got to cast off a Choas Bolt
    OP's Chaos Bolt hit chicken and caused a shit ton of damage (like it should).

OP got super excited with the number he saw.
    OP thought he needed to share this glorious number with the world.
    OP creates Mmo- Champion account
    OP shares his number.
    You forgot the part where OP popped all cooldowns and camped the Red Pill of Skill.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    All you did was link abilities confirming that yes warlocks have more than 1 spell. If a warlock gets a full chaos bolt on you while you are feared you will indeed need a heal, but 250k is still a long ways away from 1 shotting someone and any healer could patch it up pretty quick. Most (all?) healers have a way to either break fear or mitigate damage while feared, so under most circumstances they themselves would not wind up in this situation.

It's also pretty hard to keep an entire team under control and there is usually someone to shut down the casting.
    Any other classes out there hitting for 250k while also having extremely strong CC, defensive cooldowns and a second trinket?

Warlocks are exactly where they've been the entire expansion in both PvE and PvP --- needing a nerf but somehow not getting one.

It's fine though - wasn't the intention of this thread I guess. Besides resilience, base resilience, stat squish will fix it.
    Last edited by Prag; 2014-04-01 at 10:00 PM.

Any other classes out there hitting for 250k while also having extremely strong CC, defensive cooldowns and a second trinket?

Warlocks are exactly where they've been the entire expansion in both PvE and PvP --- needing a nerf but somehow not getting one.
    Remember when Soul Leach could stack up to 100% absorb effect? Yeah, now it's, what, 10%? Remember Blood Fear getting nerfed?

Remember when Kil'jaeden's Cunning allowed warlocks to cast any spell while moving?

Remember when warlock gateways made mobs stop targeting you? When it had a 15-second cooldown?

Remember when Chaos Bolt got nerfed against players?

Yeah, we've received plenty of (well-deserved) nerfs. To say that we haven't gotten one is to flat out lie.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm guessing this is how it went down.

OP joined BG.
    OP targeted some person that was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

OP shares his number.
    careful, we got a genius here

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Remember when Soul Leach could stack up to 100% absorb effect? Yeah, now it's, what, 10%? Remember Blood Fear getting nerfed?

Remember when Kil'jaeden's Cunning allowed warlocks to cast any spell while moving?

Remember when warlock gateways made mobs stop targeting you? When it had a 15-second cooldown?

Remember when Chaos Bolt got nerfed against players?

Yeah, we've received plenty of (well-deserved) nerfs. To say that we haven't gotten one is to flat out lie.
    You're right and I was wrong - Warlocks did receive nerfs, but there are still pretty significant adjustments to be made.

You're right and I was wrong - Warlocks did receive nerfs, but there are still pretty significant adjustments to be made.
    Absolutely, and that's why I mentioned that the nerfs we've received were well-deserved. We'd be super OP if it weren't for those nerfs :P I just hope the rest of the nerfs don't come until after I stop playing!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Absolutely, and that's why I mentioned that the nerfs we've received were well-deserved. We'd be super OP if it weren't for those nerfs :P I just hope the rest of the nerfs don't come until after I stop playing!
    I think the biggest part is the damage that is timed with a plethora of CC. The CC is supposedly being nerfed. Will that be enough? Well, I guess we'll have to hope the April Fool's isn't a total joke and that they're somewhere near Beta stage. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a 100k~ Chi Burst + 154k RSK + 174k RSK when it came up in arena in a matter of 10 seconds. Pretty sure that's more OP ;D

To be fair, most classes fit that bill. The only difference is that they are using 2-3 abilities in the same time frame that it takes the Warlock to hit a Chaos Bolt, in order to achieve the same damage.

I've seen warriors crit over 360k in arena. Nothing particularly interesting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    I've seen warriors crit over 360k in arena. Nothing particularly interesting here.
    Nope. nope. No sir you havent.

(Unless you are talking about TfB in the first patch.)
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2014-04-02 at 12:58 AM.

What's your point? I have fought Monks and Enhancement Shamans that can line up INSTANT upreventable burst with their own "cooldowns and trinkets". So you cast off a 2.6 sec Chaos Bolt, good for you. Invite an enhancement shaman who has all his cds up and knows what he is doing to fight you. Now picture yourself as an spriest in that scenario.

Damage is up people, not just warlocks. And there are still specs out there that are still banes of casters (except frost mages). Do I even need to start with Rogues and their own CD burst? Hunters?
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2014-04-02 at 05:15 AM.

Deleted
    Best thing? Destro has been unviable/viable to a certain point for some time now, but this is world of sub1550craft

OP joined BG.

OP shares his number.
    Thats the kind of shit why random bgs never matter. I bet there are still people who think that thunderstorm is op due to EotS
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2014-04-02 at 07:50 AM.