Thread: 2014 MLB Thread

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Feels like the Giants won the WS less than 3 months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mariners unveiled an updated uniform with a cream color, with a lot of focus on the blue and yellow trident days.

The teal uniforms are still my favorite though. One of these days I'll get a Hernandez teal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how that number 23 in that pic is like "Yeah, i'm sticking my butt out~ you like?~"
    You're a towel.

Seems like change for the sake of it, disagree with the gold logo though, would've been different if they'd earned it but they haven't, probably just me being picky though. No need for them to have ANOTHER uniform though, that makes it 5 doesn't it between the various versions of the jersey, c'mon it's not like there's ever really a clash anyway when home wears white/cream and road wears grey, stick with 2 maybe 3 jerseys for the year & keep it simple.

[/oldmanrant]
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Has any other team besides the Giants used cream colored home uniforms in recent times?

Think if memory serves me right the Indians have cream uniforms & the Phillies have cream uniforms, although both are alt uniforms.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Padres get Shields. They've certainly had a very nice offseason. Not sure if it's enough to challenge the big boys in the West, but we'll see.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's only one big boy in the NL West. Remember the Giants backed into the postseason and then one pitcher carried them to the finish line. I see the Giants and Padres being low-80-win teams this season.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    There's only one big boy in the NL West. Remember the Giants backed into the postseason and then one pitcher carried them to the finish line. I see the Giants and Padres being low-80-win teams this season.
    If the 2 wild card system was in back in '09, they would have made the playoffs 4 out of the last 6 seasons. That qualifies as a big boy for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    There's only one big boy in the NL West. the Giants
    that's the truth

I don't think the Padres picked up anyone really worth a damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Shields, he's a year older than me, grew up a few miles away, went to the rival high school, but I hope he isn't expecting much defense behind him in San Diego.

Kemp turns a lot of outs into singles and singles into doubles, and that's when he is in a corner, he will probably complain that he should be in CF since he has the most experience there of the 3 corner outfielders they brought in. God help them if he gets his way. I'm still a big fan of Kemp but he is no good out there defensively. He needs a move to the AL where he can get some DH ABs to keep his career going.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I don't think the Padres picked up anyone really worth a damn.
    I mean, who can you say had a better offseason then them? They got Kemp, Shields, Upton, Myers, Middlebrooks, and Derek Norris (who I believe was an All-Star? He's a solid hitter).

I think the collection of those guys is better than what anybody else did. Not to mention they still might not be done, the Hamels rumors are still swirling with the Pads right in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I mean, who can you say had a better offseason then them?
    The Dodgers actually had a really good offseason. They lost a little bit of offense and gained a ton of defense while keeping their prospects. They at worst should be as good as last year when they won the division by 6, and the Giants haven't done anything to really improve to close that gap.

Padres seem to at least now be in that pack for the wildcard. Dodgers and Nationals win their divisions pretty easily, then there's 8 teams that'll be in the 83-89 win range depending on luck and injuries. And then there's Arizona, Atlanta, Colorado and Philly trying to not embarrass themselves.

on paper you'd have to say the Padres added a lot in the offseason, but baseball games aren't won on paper, it's on the field & down to if they can avoid flat out stinking, but when you're in the same division as the Giants & Dodgers you're going to have to get through two potentially difficult teams to qualify for the playoffs. Not too worried about the Dodgers, they may have dropped a little offense, but that's all assuming the players coming in won't better the offensive production of what has been lost, again that's not something you can do. I'll agree it might be difficult to better 64 steals or Kemp's batting line, but that's not to say it won't be possible if the future was so easy to predict we'd all be sitting here making a mint - well, I would be as in Scotland we're a little less taboo about the bookies & betting on sports!

Not long til games start in Spring Training though and still a couple of players still to settle their futures - could be interesting to see who takes a gamble on the latest Cuban defectors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    I'll agree it might be difficult to better 64 steals or Kemp's batting line, but that's not to say it won't be possible
    I won't miss those things as much as the .800+ OPS shortstop that the Dodgers lost. I like Rollins and he is coming off a good year, but I don't figure him to replicate it at his age.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Petco basically requires 3 center fielders, so he'll turn plenty of outs into singles and singles into doubles...for the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Mariners unveiled an updated uniform with a cream color, with a lot of focus on the blue and yellow trident days.

The teal uniforms are still my favorite though. One of these days I'll get a Hernandez teal.
    lol i can barely tell a difference
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I mean, who can you say had a better offseason then them? They got Kemp, Shields, Upton, Myers, Middlebrooks, and Derek Norris (who I believe was an All-Star? He's a solid hitter).

I think the collection of those guys is better than what anybody else did. Not to mention they still might not be done, the Hamels rumors are still swirling with the Pads right in the mix.
    Oh, it is impressive to be able to go out and pick up a lot of players, I just don't personally trust any of them, or would be overjoyed in picking up any of them individually. As a collective, we need at least a few months before we see if they really like playing together, or if just one of them being a clubhouse cancer, kills all of it.

I mean, if Piss Hands and Pedro ended up on the same team, doesn't matter how much talent is there, I just wouldn't trust it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Love the new Mariners alt uni's. Gotta get me one of those.

Excited to see what the season has in store for the M's. I think we've got a good season ahead of us.