Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I suppose, ask yourself, would you like to know what you are getting for your bday or do you prefer to wait for the big day when it arrives?

Anything new they tell us will dampen the discovery on the day of release. What more can they say without spoiling it?

What more do you need to know?
    Your argument fails here - I'm paying for WoD, I don't pay for the gifts I get. When I'm buying a product I want to know what features it has. Simple example - is flying in or out at 6.1 and for the rest of the expansion? They keep spewing this asinine "we'll see what players think" but that's BS - its a big feature/capability, tell me if it's there or not when you're asking for money.

Garrisons - tell me a bit about them. New questing - same thing. Basically, this... Blizzard is asking me to spend $50 and come back to the game (I'm unsubbed atm). They need to tell me enough about the game to convince me. So far they haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Your argument fails here - I'm paying for WoD, I don't pay for the gifts I get. When I'm buying a product I want to know what features it has. Simple example - is flying in or out at 6.1 and for the rest of the expansion? They keep spewing this asinine "we'll see what players think" but that's BS - its a big feature/capability, tell me if it's there or not when you're asking for money.

Garrisons - tell me a bit about them. New questing - same thing. Basically, this... Blizzard is asking me to spend $50 and come back to the game (I'm unsubbed atm). They need to tell me enough about the game to convince me. So far they haven't.
    Obviously this. Also, I would honestly rather know what gifts I'm getting. Being surprised leaves the option open for disappointment (which is more often than not the case with WoW for me). You'd (@kinneer) rather a person risk wasting money on a gift you don't want just so there is a chance you'll be surprised? Get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Obviously this. Also, I would honestly rather know what gifts I'm getting. Being surprised leaves the option open for disappointment (which is more often than not the case with WoW for me). You'd (@kinneer) rather a person risk wasting money on a gift you don't want just so there is a chance you'll be surprised? Get real.
    Maybe if the *No Flying* in Draenor was advertised in the announcement of Warlords sure. Since it wasn't....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Maybe if the *No Flying* in Draenor was advertised in the announcement of Warlords sure. Since it wasn't....
    I don't understand your post or its relation to my point. I agree that it is nonsense that Blizzard has said "maybe no flying, maybe flying, we'll have to wait and see what players think." If the car dealership said "maybe this car will have airbags, maybe not, we'll have to wait and see what the drivers think," would you buy the car?
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2014-04-02 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand your post or its relation to my point.
    You seem to be complaining about not knowing about the gift(Warlords of Draenor having flying or not) when the gift itself doesn't mention Flying at all in the announcement.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    odds are they are holding off for PAX East

You seem to be complaining about not knowing about the gift(Warlords of Draenor having flying or not) when the gift itself doesn't mention Flying at all in the announcement.
    Yes it does... many blue posts have addressed the no-flying-until-possibly 6.1 issue. You're saying "wait until they make an official announcement" ?? No, because they are asking me to preorder the game right now, without having made the announcement one way or the other. So, I am not going to act on incomplete information and leave open the possibility of being "surprised" (disappointed) when I pay 50 bucks for something that I hope has flying, and ends up not.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

You're absolutely right, and there is no pressure on you to pre-order or purchase the expansion until you have the information you need.

The thing you need to remember, though, is that it's very, very rare for us to have even as much information as we do now at this stage in the release cycle (within 6 months of announcement, before Beta).

Information will come, but there's no reason to be upset about the information we've gotten thus far at this point in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does... many blue posts have addressed the no-flying-until-possibly 6.1 issue. You're saying "wait until they make an official announcement" ?? No, because they are asking me to preorder the game right now, without having made the announcement one way or the other.
    Yeah but that's a design decision that wasn't mentioned in Warlords of Draenor announcement so technically you are being ridiculous in saying they are being shady with your gift. If they announced at Blizzcon *No Flying in Draenor* as a feature and be somewhat undecided you might have a point, here you don't.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sign of the times - with twitter, facebook, rss feeds and whatnot, people seem to expect daily updates. Does anyone remember how much news we got pre-TBC or WotLK? Was there really that much more info and feedback?
    Not really.

Warrior-Magi

Yeah but that's a design decision that wasn't mentioned in Warlords of Draenor announcement so technically you are being ridiculous in saying they are being shady with your gift. If they announced at Blizzcon *No Flying in Draenor* as a feature and be somewhat undecided you might have a point, here you don't.
    I'm "technically being ridiculous"? How would "no flying in Draenor" be a feature? Flying is a feature, no flying is a lack of one. All I am saying is that there are features which may or may not be included in the game I am being asked to purchase. Those features weigh in on my decision to purchase WoD, which I don't think is unreasonable. Therefore I can't decide to buy it until they tell me definitively if those features are in the game or not.

I actually don't think I agree with you on this one (though I DO agree that they aren't being "shady").

Any details about WoD are details about a product we're being asked to purchase. Any details are and should be relevant to someone's decision to purchase the expansion.

However, just because the pre-order is available, no one is being forced to purchase it right now. Anyone who wants to wait for more product details is more than free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    How about several developer interviews, a small press event and screenshot kit, several model previews, two blog posts explaining healing and health changes along with general class development direction, a Twitter Q&A and a blog post about changes to racials, a preview of Garrisons...

Compared to what we got in this same timeframe for Mists? A press event with an NDA and a preview of the female pandaren art?

I understand and sympathize that it doesn't feel like we're getting enough information fast enough- or at least, not as much as quickly as we want- but don't make the mistake of thinking that we aren't getting more news than we have in the past.
    At this point in development, the Mists beta was out and we had a lot more info. Still no Warlords beta on the horizon.

We are quite far away from WoD and I think the reason is that Blizzard doesn't count WoW as priority anymore. The market is gone and Blizzard focuses on HoS and hearthstone now to make money.

Beta isn't until May, most likely and WoD itself won't drop until September or October or November.

Get Used To The Idea.

Now get back in there and grind SoO some more, you've only been doing it for six months. You've got another six months to go.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

They have not released any information that persuades me to pre order the game. A graphical improvement of character models- news flash my character will still be zoomed far away from me within in an arena which is what I most frequently do when I play wow, he still will not have a unique face and look quite the same as any other undead rogue..

Ashran pvp zone. supposedly similar to alterac valley bg.. barely any info on it especially on what kind of rewards there will be if its not conquest gear and gold little incentive for me unless its actually fun which i doubt if it involves turrets, vehicles and defending towers, the usual chores.

Its another band aid fix for the fact world pvp died out.

1 free boosted character to 90, somewhat interesting but i only play 1 class a rogue and I already have 2. one on each faction and one has max first aid , skinning , cooking, and leatherworking with almost every single glyph learned.

No significant talent overhaul- This is a huge bummer for me the Mop talent system while basically superior to the crappy cata trees are still not anywhere close to what i imagine as a heavily customizable and perfect system for a game that dares to call itself an Rpg.

The rogue talents so far will still remain unbalanced and cookie cutter.

Killed diffrientation between the 3 rogue dps specializations, they are grossly homegenized the only outlier spec being Sub for shadow dance bar swittching and using stealth moves out of stealth.

I hate sub and Combat is more or less unchanged from vanilla other than throwing on a revealing strike here and there.. Combat is barely viable for pvp , Mutilate is not viable at all for arenas and Sub is still the only real spec for pvp play.

Its been 4 years or more since anything else but sub got played for arenas with rogues. Such a huge buzzkill for me. I favor muti but id play combat if wasnt so clunky. its the most cooldown reliant and has no damage outside cooldowns because it lacks armor pen of any kind.

Sub is the only spec that benefits offensively from resets with find weakness creating burst opportunities around every corner even with dance on cool down and this spec excells at the support set up kills role rogues have been forced into.

All 3 specs suffer from poor survivability the only fix 1 talent choice on a tier that forces u to spam feint..

Its all absolutely disgusting and none of it is getting fixed for wod..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    At this point in development, the Mists beta was out and we had a lot more info. Still no Warlords beta on the horizon.
    Mists was a bit of a different case due to the Annual Pass.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    There has been plenty of news since November. You're just not paying attention or your definition of news is different.
    We see a lot of the things they're saying they're doing. We're not actually getting to see any of them. We want to see THE GAME.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolrogueplayer View Post
    No significant talent overhaul- This is a huge bummer for me the Mop talent system while basically superior to the crappy cata trees are still not anywhere close to what i imagine as a heavily customizable and perfect system for a game that dares to call itself an Rpg.
    I'm sorry to hear that. My brother was the only one that leveled a rogue in TBC and he just loved sub when it came to pvp. Unfortunately, I can't give my thoughts on it.

Besides that, I have nothing but praise for the talent system. Unfortunately, I played other MMO's where the feeling of independence and agency just didn't belong. There will always be cookie cutter builds when it came to wow talent tree systems (before cata) or RIFT talent tree systems. To the point, where almost no one could every find a viable build themselves. Not only that, there was a broken rogue spell in RIFT that caused 18-20k dps easily in the first tier of RIFT Storm Legion.

I am glad about this talent tree. It is successful in almost every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    They've been doing artcraft, developer interviews, releasing new character models, as well as the twitter and pvp things.

This "lack" is a case of "i want it all now now now" mentality.
    - There are always developer interviews, even between patches
    - Releasing new character models ? since blizzcon we had female human and female orc, the dwarf model was shown at blizzcon and just got updated faces, so that's 2 models in 6 months.
    - Yes we had twitter activity and some posts about WoD pvp, but we always have twitter activity and posts about pvp - even between seasons and patches.

So you could sum the last 6 months up under '' seen 2 new models, seen a bunch of garrison buildings but we've seen the general look on a blizzcon slide, had a few dev interviews and pvp posts which we also get in between raid tiers or mid expansion time ''

Sorry to break it to you but this is indeed a ''lack'' in news, especially for something slated for a Fall release, and hardly a case of '' I want it all now ''