Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    No one wants to pay $49.99 for a patch
    Tell that to everyone that bought Cataclysm ....

Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    Tell that to everyone that bought Cataclysm ....
    That's how MMO's and expansions work, by your logic everything since Vanilla could have been a patch, they can hardly make a whole new gfx style or new game with it's called an expansion.

Even FPS games are doing it these days , back in my day you bought Battlefield 2 and had a fully working game, now you buy Battlefield 4 and have to buy another 39.99 pass to get the patches that include new maps and weapons.

Welcome to the world of gaming, where spending your money is about as smart as spending it on 8 bottles of Wodka on a Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolrogueplayer View Post
    They have not released any information that persuades me to pre order the game.
    That's how I look at it. They've released information, but none of it is stuff I actually care about.

Cool, healing changes, garrisons, and boosted characters. But what is Draenor really like? What does Spires of Arak really look like? What about the Zangar Sea? How about a screenshot of a raid boss beating up a bunch of developer toons? How exactly are professions changing? How will the changing of secondary stats effect how my favorite classes play? That's the sort of stuff I'm interested in. Blogs and walls of text are cool, but what's even cooler (and actually gets me excited) is showing me the world I'm about to explore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    They have a dedicated art team who works exclusively on art and has no other job. They don't design raids, quests, lore, classes, abilities, mechanics of any kind or even general ideas of settings. They only get the call "make this art" and then they make that art.
    But they DO make the ART for the raids, dungeons, and world, which they are pulled away from

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    How about several developer interviews, a small press event and screenshot kit, several model previews, two blog posts explaining healing and health changes along with general class development direction, a Twitter Q&A and a blog post about changes to racials, a preview of Garrisons...

Compared to what we got in this same timeframe for Mists? A press event with an NDA and a preview of the female pandaren art?

I understand and sympathize that it doesn't feel like we're getting enough information fast enough- or at least, not as much as quickly as we want- but don't make the mistake of thinking that we aren't getting more news than we have in the past.
    We got MoP info a LOT faster than we are getting WoD info. Both were announced at Blizzcon in late Oct/early Nov, yet the Mists Beta came out in March and we are now in April (a month later than Mists). At this point in the development cycle we had 1000% more info about MoP than we do for WoD. The Beta was out and the client had been datamined to death. This also means WoD will come out later than MoP did in the year and every day that beta doesnt come out is another day of delay for woD. Thats why we are angry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    odds are they are holding off for PAX East
    There is always some event coming down the tube. I guess if we dont get anything worthwhile from PAX, then youll say, oh they are holding it for Gamescon, then they are holding it for the CES, then E3..... They dont need some event to announce stuff at. Thats why they have a Websiter and a launcher that can direct people to the new info

...disappointing.
    Looks like Blizzard are somehow tired of WoW, and want people to just leave.
    They make the most awful pvp in MoP - people still play.
    They make the most awful class balance, basically returned back hybrid tax for no reason, destroyed everything that is not warlock or mage - people still play.
    They made the most senceless, grindy, most unWOW-like content (TI) based on nothing but mindless roaming around 3x4 location and killing rares - people still play.
    They promised 1 year old expansion cycle, and failed terribly, returning back to 2 year old cycle while still marketing/lying about 1 year cycle - people still play.
    They give players a stupid story of idiotic orc for the second expansion in a row - people still play.
    They even humiliate their playerbase by "you really want XXXX in the cost of raid tier" excuse for every criticism possible - people still play.

Morality of this tale: Blizzard don't actually need to do anything at all. Whatever they do, people would still play. Why care?

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Would you rather have a developer interview or a raid tier?
    I'l take the developer interview, because eventually they'll throw in some random ass raid that no one cares about and that developer interview will be "merely a setback"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Well you know, screen shots and game play videos would cost us a raid teir.

Warning, stop with those useless comments and post constructively.
    Half the posts on this forum aren't constructive. Why are you deciding to flex now? Is sarcasm against the rules of the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Well you know, screen shots and game play videos would cost us a raid teir.

Warning, stop with those useless comments and post constructively.
    Since when is expressing distaste for Blizzard's recent excuses nonconstructive? It's even on-topic (basically saying that Blizzard's excuse is that they would rather spend the development time on the expansion over everything else, hence the lack of WoD news).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Since when is expressing distaste for Blizzard's recent excuses nonconstructive? It's even on-topic (basically saying that Blizzard's excuse is that they would rather spend the development time on the expansion over everything else, hence the lack of WoD news).
    I've noticed a lot of the moderators here seem like power hungry, uneducated teenagers. Read some of his posts.

Infracted, please post constructively to the discussion at hand.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-03 at 10:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah but that's a design decision that wasn't mentioned in Warlords of Draenor announcement so technically you are being ridiculous in saying they are being shady with your gift. If they announced at Blizzcon *No Flying in Draenor* as a feature and be somewhat undecided you might have a point, here you don't.
    You're utterly misunderstanding the point. Flying has been a feature for years. They've talked about no flying until 6.1 which isn't awesome but livable. However, they've also started saying that they may not add it back at all and that whether they do or not depends on player reaction. The point we're making is that they should make that decision before people buy the expansion. Removing a feature that's historically been in the game for most of its life and is a pretty basic feature is a big thing. Some people may decide not to buy the expansion in that case.

Am I upset? No. Do I think it's silly to announce something and say nothing in an organized fashion (i.e. on their site, not in Twitter or interviews) for 6 months? Yes. Is this affecting my life greatly? Don't be silly, it's a video game.

They are probably saving a lot of the information for PAX. It's already been about 7 months since the release of SoO, I'm sure we will get a lot of information then and at least an announcement as to when the beta will start. They've given out some information about it, but most of the information we have already was released during Blizzcon outside of the new art or some additional information about the ending of Shadowmoon Valley. Hopefully we will be getting a lot soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    They are probably saving a lot of the information for PAX. It's already been about 7 months since the release of SoO, I'm sure we will get a lot of information then and at least an announcement as to when the beta will start. They've given out some information about it, but most of the information we have already was released during Blizzcon outside of the new art or some additional information about the ending of Shadowmoon Valley. Hopefully we will be getting a lot soon.
    Blizzard isn't really known for giving out much info at non-Blizzcon related conventions. They might have a demo there, but don't be surprised if it's the EXACT same demo as the one that was at the press event and Blizzcon.

It's risky either way.

Risk of divulging information early: People spin concepts before actually seeing it, which inadvertently convinces others it was a bad idea.
    Risk of waiting until beta: Changes will be sudden and jarring, and since many people dislike changes of any kind, they will instantly decide against the change and campaign against it.

So overall, I think it's better to hit the main concepts and changes early, but leave many things until Beta. Letting people *see* before they *hear* lets them see the change in context and probably translates to a higher opinion of the change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pozi View Post
    ...Strange.

At least to me, it's a little bit suspicious there is no news, no new gameplay videos, no new screenshots, not at all.

This, and the 7 months pre-order tell two possible things :

1- the expasion is around the corner (may, june release) or

2- the expasion really isnt ready till fall and this is gonna cost blizz a million subs at least.

what do you think?
    Youtube is not your friend ?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg1...R55Wt-OBknkQPw

Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    Half the posts on this forum aren't constructive. Why are you deciding to flex now? Is sarcasm against the rules of the forums?
    Maybe because half of every thread now is nothing but "this cost us a whole raid tier herp derp!!!!!" posts. It's a lame, tired, stupid joke.

Come up with some new material already.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Mists was a bit of a different case due to the Annual Pass.
    Annual pass had no impact on when the beta was ready to begin.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet they will open the floodgates at PAX
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    I've noticed a lot of the moderators here seem like power hungry, uneducated teenagers. Read some of his posts.
    And his sig is pants-on-head retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    First of all, the discussion of the infractions are not up for call for you or others than the actual user.

Secondly, the use of a new and fast becomming old 'meme' is counted as non-constructive.

ON-TOPIC: I bet we will have some tasty news to come, they need to feed curious minds when summer is getting closer. There's no need to worry that they wont tell, they'll tell when the time comes, really. There's slowly more and more news coming, of course not the kind you might seek, but still news towards WoD within it as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    There is always some event coming down the tube. I guess if we dont get anything worthwhile from PAX, then youll say, oh they are holding it for Gamescon, then they are holding it for the CES, then E3..... They dont need some event to announce stuff at. Thats why they have a Websiter and a launcher that can direct people to the new info
    It's different when they themselves said they will be at PAX. Last time when they said they will be at an event (Gamescom) they revealed Reaper of Souls and even earlier last year they revealed Hearthstone.