Arthas Frost Wyrm armor, HOTS

Did anyone see the spotlight for Arthas' Frost Wyrm armor in Heroes of the Storm?

Is it just me or would that make a perfect tier set for DKs? Wings on the back and everything. I think it would be massively cool.

Its really awesome.

But I doubt there will be any raid tier that will theme this set well in WOD.

Yet, it could be a really awesome CM GOLD gear reward.

I can't see it ever being a raid tier set, they usually try and follow the expansion/tier theme when designing sets.

I'd imagine the design process behind Death Knight sets goes a bit like this:

1. What is the current expansion/tier theme? Primal & barbaric; okay draw up a basic plate set and add vines, bones and things which make it match the theme.
    2. How can we make it relevant to DK's? Add skulls across the armor and a neat icy effect to the shoulders. Nice we're getting somewhere.
    3. How can we make it traditional? LET'S MAKE THE HELMET LOOK AS STUPID AS FUCK! First let's put a horn on the top of the helmet pointing directly upwards! Yeah, that should give the people that use 'dickhead' jokes a lot some material to work with. Next we'll add horns to side, not cool looking ones that point upwards, too much, how about we make them point downwards, brilliant!! And finally we'll add strips of metal that point downwards over the mouth so that it faintly resembles tentacles/dribbling.

And it's done! Ta da!

Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-01 at 12:45 PM.

I can't see it ever being a raid tier set, they usually try and follow the expansion/tier theme when designing sets.
    Very true. As Nezia said though, it would make a kickass CM set!

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Very true. As Nezia said though, it would make a kickass CM set!
    They'd have to make sure the helmet looks dumb as fuck though!

Yeah, they tend to do that...It's a shame really ^^

Also make sure the shoulder armor is about 10x the size it needs to be ,particularly for male Orcs and male Draenei.

Most importantly, make sure the shoulders are asymmetrical. Put some giant, intrusive projection out of one side, and make the other side a different color.

Dont forget the helmet needs to be ½ the size of the entire body on gnomes.

Got a link? I can't seem to find the particular skin you're talking about anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    Got a link? I can't seem to find the particular skin you're talking about anywhere

Thanks Anzen. Agree it mostly looks cool, and it's already got a crap helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Also make sure the shoulder armor is about 10x the size it needs to be ,particularly for male Orcs and male Draenei.

Most importantly, make sure the shoulders are asymmetrical. Put some giant, intrusive projection out of one side, and make the other side a different color.
    asymmetrical shoulders and giant belt buckles
    the bane of this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Did anyone see the spotlight for Arthas' Frost Wyrm armor in Heroes of the Storm?

Is it just me or would that make a perfect tier set for DKs? Wings on the back and everything. I think it would be massively cool.
    Way ahead of you, sir. I've been drooling over this set for months.

none of the heroes skins beat kaiju diablo or my other new favorite

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    First let's put a horn on the top of the helmet pointing directly upwards!]
    That's still my favorite one.

Deleted
    Looks like a mix of the sets we got from Icecrown Citadel and Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's stupid cool. I hope we get something like that for the new CM set/weapon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.