Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Man, Blizzard can't do anything without someone getting their panties in a twist. Have you not seen the gameplay videos that have emerged online? They are working on it, but that doesn't mean they can't allocate two or three people to make these little jokes that took probably two or three hours to make. It's for fun. I would lose respect for a company that can't have fun every once in a while. Everyone needs to just chill out for a minute and relax. Besides, summer is getting close, don't you have something else to do besides criticizing a video game company for having fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Canyouweed View Post
    That's a LOT of effort put in
    Yes it it, that's why the first raid tier from WoD was moved to 6.1, and maybe later, if the feedback is positive

I bet the OP had this post typed up for days in anticipation of Blizz's April fools jokes, regardless of what they were. This kind of thread is pretty much mandatory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Obviously. Programmers are the only staff Blizzard has.
    And the obvious solution is to hire MORE PROGRAMMERS!!!

omfg wat r u doin blizz stahp suk lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of putting all this effort in making something else, than these April's fool jokes...

A "few" million of other people are waiting for your "prolonged" WoD expansion release.

You are speculating on new "classes" in D3, making a really convincing story on Goblins joining the Alliance, talking about some Mortal Kombat style game.

That's a LOT of effort put in, by someone who states that they have their hands full, and making constant progress towards the release.

My thoughts, you don't give a **** about the community, will release when the moment is most opportune for you.

Best regards,

A FINALLY satisfied Diablo player, and a retired WoW player ( for now ).
    Blizzard are not mean spirited jerks, and they like to have fun and interact with the community.

So, last year, this didn't do an April Fool's and people were FURIOUS.

This year, they do an April Fool's and people are FURIOUS.

You see the problem here?
    Personally, I like it when Blizzard has a little soul.

You guys got me all wrong here.

Not a point that they should not be doing these things, but the site is filled with more information about something that is a complete joke, than i've seen in weeks, or maybe months of actual game information, in one day.

I respect Blizzard, and their work, would never play another MMO ( tried, not working out ), but. Just seems that they care more about these kinds of things, than something we would actually be excited to see...
    Remember the Dance studio and Path of the Titans? If Blizzard starts talking about stuff too early, players get their hopes up and then get disappointed when things don't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
    True fact. Last year, when they didn't do much of anything at all for April Fool's Day the complaining about Blizzard not giving a damn about the community was epic.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I think it's funny how people feel like Blizzard owes them anything whatsoever. Admittedly, my initial reaction to seeing this elaborate April Fool's stuff was "this seems like a pretty big waste of time," but not for a second did I think Blizzard that owes it to me to use their time how I'd like them to.

Best regards,

Are you really saying you want the web development team to work on stuff they weren't hired to do? Because it's certainly not the various game development teams that had anything to do with the development of web site assets, since they weren't hired to design the web sites and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Going by what they're aiming for for WoD release, it apparently doesn't work.

And the people are making those jokes is because Blizzard is actively confirming them more and more. If they didn't keep responding to posts with "That would take a raid tier", it would stop being used within 2 months of the last post.

And you, and those people spouting it that way when it wasn't said that way, remind me of how people took Tina Fey's geographically uneducated skit as fact, and completely not what was said in the Charles Gibson interview. Alaska and Russia are only 2.4 miles apart, if you can't see an island that far away you're blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of putting all this effort in making something else, than these April's fool jokes...

A "few" million of other people are waiting for your "prolonged" WoD expansion release.

You are speculating on new "classes" in D3, making a really convincing story on Goblins joining the Alliance, talking about some Mortal Kombat style game.

That's a LOT of effort put in, by someone who states that they have their hands full, and making constant progress towards the release.

My thoughts, you don't give a **** about the community, will release when the moment is most opportune for you.

Best regards,

Last year people RAGED when they didn't do anything for April fools, and now that they do people like you cry about it.

Okay, a couple of things.

1. You are in no way, shape or form qualified to dictate what Blizz does or does not do with their time.

2. You clearly lack even a basic understanding of how game development works if you think the stuff they did this year did anything to impact WoD development.

In short, learn to laugh more and whine less.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys got me all wrong here.

Not a point that they should not be doing these things, but the site is filled with more information about something that is a complete joke, than i've seen in weeks, or maybe months of actual game information, in one day.

I respect Blizzard, and their work, would never play another MMO ( tried, not working out ), but. Just seems that they care more about these kinds of things, than something we would actually be excited to see...
    Yes because weeks of Artcraft (Garrisons, human female, dwarf updates, incoming draenei, undead, etc) reveals are somehow less than this ONE prank.

Jesus do you even think before you post? Or do you just think "I feel the need to bitch and complain about something today!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As I said in another thread, quit being such a Debbie Downer.
    Amen. Some people don't know what to do with themselves if they aren't whining about something.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Honestly, they have put too much into April Fools this year... I guess they have set the WoD release date SO far out that they can fuck-around for a few weeks creating FAKE NEW MODELS instead of finishing the real new ones.

When they release WoD without all the models done I am going to fucking demand they let me use the hideous female Draenei since it is ABSOLUTELY without a doubt part of the reason why the models won't be done on time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    When they release WoD without all the models done I am going to fucking demand they let me use the hideous female Draenei since it is ABSOLUTELY without a doubt part of the reason why the models won't be done on time.
    You do realize they never showed a actual 3D model, just a "screenshot" which easily could have been made in Photoshop within a hour by a talented artist. It shouldn't be assumed at all that it caused any sort of delay in the making of the actual expansion. All of these jokes are handled by the PR team, not the real developers who are working on actual projects.

Honestly, they have put too much into April Fools this year... I guess they have set the WoD release date SO far out that they can fuck-around for a few weeks creating FAKE NEW MODELS instead of finishing the real new ones.

Yes, because web artists have what to do with game design again?

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Yes, because web artists have what to do with game design again?
    Everyone defending these jokes must somehow be totally satisfied with the WoD release timeline and Blizzard's management of expectations for this next expansion.

Everyone defending these jokes must somehow be totally satisfied with the WoD release timeline and Blizzard's management of expectations for this next expansion.

Apples and Oranges

10+ Year Old Account
    The simple fact that they did the jokes in the first place is proof they do care, therefore, argument invalidated.

Actually, yea. I am. Because I'm not some entitled, impatient, whining brat.

"Wah wah wah! We have to do SoO for 12 months!"

And the problem is? Go play something else if you're not happy. It's what I do when I'm bored...find something else to do and not whine about it.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2014-04-01 at 06:55 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Apples and Oranges
    Huh? I'm, not comparing two things. I drew a conclusion which may (or may not) be a totally baseless non sequitur.

Huh? I'm, not comparing two things. I drew a conclusion which may (or may not) be a totally baseless non sequitur.
    That sequitur def got to at least second base. Over the thread, under the character min