Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Avoid melee for PvP. It's so annoying to stay in a 5 y range, especially if you have some latency issues ... With exception maybe of Feral Druid, but Feral is hard to play as hell. Also avoid casters, who need to cast/channell a lot.
    Go with BM Hunter or Elemental Shaman or Destruction Warlock. If you wanna try a melee, I would say Retribution Paladin. He's some kind of mixture between melee and range. Very very easy to play, but survivability is a bit of a problem.

In general id suggest warrior, they are fairly easy, extremely viable in everything, they do stupid, easy to setup damage. And most importantly, they have insane mobility.

Either that or hunter, hunters do incredebly well in normal bgs so if you just like dominating in them thats your go to class, you most likely will end up top in killing blows/damage (and 2nd or 3rd so in healing). Their damage in arenas is also extremely easy to apply, just chim shot on cooldown and steady shot twice when chim has 4-5 seconds left on cd. The problem with them is that you have to be able to kite or you will just flop over, many teams will just train the hunter over and over again. Deterrence is a powerfull cd but it doesnt work when stunned, and you are very easy to 100-0 in a single stun.

Landing cc also becomes really hard at higher levels as people start eating traps, you really have to communicate well and set up cross cc to land a trap, no mindless fearbombing or instant polys.

But the by far easiest class in 3s is a elemental shaman.

Hunter or elemental shaman.

Warrior is the best choice for melee, but you won't have constant freedoms/dispels in random BGs so you will just be kited around.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Don't take hunter, you will have 40+ keybinds to master, I honestly believe they are one of the hardest class in PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Skill cap is too high for most people to play hunter viably, and many, many key-binds.
    Brought tears to my eyes and sadly have a stitch now from laughing, owwwww

But seriously, Frost DK, Hunter, Ele or Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

It's very true for any kind of high rated arena. Below 1.8k people still think traps are overpowered cc because they tunnel vision and do nothing to stop them

Deleted
    You can also go with healers, if you only want easy play style. You can make many mistakes as a healer but you can still perform ok in bgs. You don't need to react like crazy all the time. At least you won't die, if nothing else :P Pick up Holy Paladin (easiest one), mw monk or resto druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    You can also go with healers, if you only want easy play style. You can make many mistakes as a healer but you can still perform ok in bgs. You don't need to react like crazy all the time. At least you won't die, if nothing else :P Pick up Holy Paladin (easiest one), mw monk or resto druid.
    Guardian Druids are the same. Used my free boost on it, literally dont know how to "druid" and still an effective FC. Only got crazier as I actually geared it.

And everyone will love you on FC maps... and at least a week ago everyone was looking for one in RBGs.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like healers, I'd go resto druid since they are incredibly hard to lock down, have stealth and most of their heals are instant.

I'd say warrior. People suggesting hunter don't play hunter competitively.

Deleted
    I just don't understand why nobody isnt saying DK.....

1. Your a plate wearer with a few good defensive cds so your survival is pretty good as it is.
    2. Your cc is easy to use
    3. Your damage is really good and bursty so nice to get that required kill
    4. They are really simple to learn and play effectively

Please don't listen to people who say Hunter or Mage- Your required to constantly cc the other target in arenas and your extremely squishy unless you use your def cds well. Ele shaman is the same.

Consider that this question is not seeking the more loaded concept of "mastering play." If TC is looking to break into PvP, he's going to be spending a lot of time against players who may very well outgear him, but in all fairness, aren't very good. Sure, skilled players screw around in randoms all the time but you're far more likely to run into someone with little progressive performance than someone who genuinely knows what they're doing. Masterful play comes with hours of dedicated persistence and so, that is the only real hurdle. For example, I'm not a good druid player (any spec)-- never did more than 1550ish but I hated the clunkiness of the class and a simple stat comparison shows that I've put in nowhere near the time I have on my stronger classes: <10k HKs vs. an average of 50k+HKs on a single character. I like the idea of playing feral or resto but I like the idea of mastering powershifts right now less.

Consider playing a frost mage, hunter, or sub/mut rogue.

Mages and rogues are slippery and less gear-dependent. Undergeared mages can kite just as well and undergeared rogues can establish control just as well as their fully geared counterparts; whittled down to nuts and bolts, these are key abilities.

In a small, uncoordinated cluster, an average mage can handle CCing a target or two, while kiting and damaging a kill target. The twitchiness that's required for high-end mage play will come with lots of practice (hence why I ended up playing my mage more than my favorite ele shaman on my RBG teams-- a phenomenal mage is harder to come by).

Rogues need to be able to go off on their own and accomplish objectives (take nodes solo, pressure healers, kill EFCs). A naked rogue can handle sapping someone who's humping the cap, blind when they trinket, take the node, recloak and then spend a good 60 seconds waiting for reinforcements without actually killing anyone-- this is effective play. Sub rogues aren't a problem until they're bursting but their control is awesome; too often, rogues in randoms don't play to their strengths: pressure through control and working in as many restealths as possible for constant reopening.

Hunters are more gear-dependent for their damage but in a random BG, a lot of your time will be spent kiting. If you want to transition into RBGs, you'll probably be put on node defense (or has that changed? It has been a couple seasons since I last played) so you'll have to work on your dueling skills but again, it's all about kiting. You're figuratively alone so it's all about maintaining your own well-being while making sure they're not left untouched for more than 7 seconds.

No class will feel easy for someone just stepping into arena. It's coordinated and focused play which why I feel it's better to at least have put in some significant time in randoms on a brand new class before stepping into arena with any real expectations.

I'd love to say "go DK" but I don't have the experience to give credibility to that suggestion (only ever goofed off as blood in randoms). If it matters, I play a 2200 mage, a 1700 hunter/dpriest and a 1900 rogue/ele. I've played some form of every other class to at least 1600 except warlock and DK. Not a fan.

EDIT: I also would suggest a warrior EXCEPT they weren't buffed as nicely when I last played mine so my opinion's a bit biased, if not uninformed on that one.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2014-04-10 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean a class that's easy to master? or a class that you can pick up and play decently? Warriors are easy to play decently, but if you want to master a warrior, it'll take time, but I guess that applies to all classes. I guess i'd say warrior. Charge>hamstring>MS>rend>OP rinse and repeat. If they manage to get away from you, piercing howl or stun them or even charge them again.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    I just don't understand why nobody isnt saying DK.....

1. Your a plate wearer with a few good defensive cds so your survival is pretty good as it is.
    2. Your cc is easy to use
    3. Your damage is really good and bursty so nice to get that required kill
    4. They are really simple to learn and play effectively

Please don't listen to people who say Hunter or Mage- Your required to constantly cc the other target in arenas and your extremely squishy unless you use your def cds well. Ele shaman is the same.
    There's at least 6 posts suggesting DKs... one of them is seven posts above yours suggesting Frost DK.

That said, UH DK with Gorefiends and Rolling Blood is easy to put up numbers on the Scoreboard, even in crappy gear.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

He's not wrong. Hunters have a high skill cap. But they do have a lower 'skill floor' making them easier to pick up. Shouldn't confuse the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    ..but if you want to master a warrior, it'll take time, but I guess that applies to all classes. I guess i'd say warrior. Charge>hamstring>MS>rend>OP rinse and repeat. If they manage to get away from you, piercing howl or stun them or even charge them again.
    Yes, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    Plate stopped being meaningful in WOTLK. There is absolutely no advantage to being a plate wearer now. Almost all the damage done in this game bypasses armor, and all non-plate classes generally have superior defensive CDs...warriors being an exception at the moment.

DKs are quite easy to learn and deal very high damage with little skill, but they are made out of glass, frost particularly since it can't sit in blood presence with conversion rolling and still deal any damage the way unholy can.

But if the OP chooses DK, please learn how to use death grip properly. I can't even count the number of shitty DKs I meet that fuck up kills/CC by DGing a target at the worst possible time.

- - - Updated - - -

Charge>hamstring>MS>rend>OP rinse and repeat. If they manage to get away from you, piercing howl or stun them or even charge them again.
    Did I just go through a time portal back to Cata where rend still exists?

Frost DK or warriors
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Do you mean a class that's easy to master? or a class that you can pick up and play decently? Warriors are easy to play decently, but if you want to master a warrior, it'll take time, but I guess that applies to all classes. I guess i'd say warrior. Charge>hamstring>MS>rend>OP rinse and repeat. If they manage to get away from you, piercing howl or stun them or even charge them again.
    Not going to say you give out wrong information a lot... since I don't follow your posts... BUT, you do know that Rend has been gone for a while now right? Hard to give out advice when you tell people to do things that they literally can't do anymore.

Also, new warriors don't realize that you should pool rage for C.Smash windows. My friend always wondered why I was terrible...

Shadow-Priest

Personally, I haven't pvp'ed in very high rating (Never got the time around to do so in the length), and currently been gearing an Elemental Shaman. Now, I find it great in Random Bgs, where it would seem that only 10% knows how to interrupt and dispel magiceffects,

The rotation is rather simple usually, keep Flame Shock up on as many targets as possible, max is 6 at a time currently, as the Cooldown is 5 seconds and Flameshock has a 30sec duration. Even DoT up hunter pets, the more targets the better, as this will give alot more Lava Surge (Proc for resetting and getting instant lavaburst), which can hit fairly good when having Pvp weapons.

Currently in Bgs, I can sometimes hit 120k with an Elemental Blast (With Unleash Fire and trinket proc (Intellect proc) and possible a banner, not sure about that), with a mastery proc on top,

Although, Elemental has their struggles sometimes, especially if you dont time Thunderstorm correctly. It can be used while stunned, thus alot uses it just as they get stunned. This should never be done, as the Melee would just run back to you in the meantime. Some melee's are just more annoying than others when you are doing Arena (Mainly paladins for my part, that Emancipate >.>).

If you start on Arena, then your best Arena maps when facing all melees except Rogues and Paladins, are those with either huge pillars or statues, so you can kite around them. Earthbind/Grab and Frost Shock together with Ghost Wolf is fairly annoying to both Dk's, Monks and Warriors, as they will never get close to you, unless you let them.

Elemental is fun, but requires just abit of brain, when it comes to survivability, in my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Shadow-Priest
    this is the pvp forum.