Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Frost] Akraen's Advanced Frost Mage Guide v3.0

Happy April 2nd everyone, where you can see that +hit isn't such a bad thing after all

This will be even more effective when they remove hit. We'll be ahead of the curve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm pretty sure they took that into consideration when balancing frost mage for 5.4.

We were all just blind to it. Just can't argue with these results! Run logs tonight and report back everyone!

I'm not sure I believe crit > mastery. How exactly did you apply the E-L equation?
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-04-01 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took you long enough to post your findings!

Deleted
    I'm not even allowed to give my opinion, but does this mean Frost Bomb is the way to go as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I'm not sure I believe crit > mastery. How exactly did you apply the E-L equation?
    Y'know, I mathed. If you want to disprove me, you should math.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kver View Post
    I'm not even allowed to give my opinion, but does this mean Frost Bomb is the way to go as well?
    I actually didn't test frost bomb, I assume without +hit you only get one roll per cast, making it pretty bad.

The reason NT beats LB single target when you have no hit rating is that it has many more rolls to hit.

Amount of rolls to hit is increased by your breakpoints, so next I will test a 32k haste build where I ignore hit all together!

Deleted
    I did some testing on this, and your results are slightly different than mine!

Ok, first of I did a phase-retrieval optical algorithm to determine the potential of hit. Easy example: g(xl) = Ul(xl) = mj(xj)exp[i0(x,)] where i = 11

We denote the wave front in the nth plane by Un(xn), but for compactness of notation we define Ul(x,) = g(xl) in the input p.

Results:

As you can clearly see from the proof provided above hit is indeed INFERIOR to all secondary stats.

EDIT: If you didn't realise, don't take this post serious, look at the date.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2014-04-01 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good point Dutch, but I think you'll find that if you flip the chart vertically, the lines go the other way:

Why the fuck are you using commas in your numbers?

This is why your math is so shit. You guys keep using commas instead of decimals, so you are never in the correct order of magnitude (assuming base 10)

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2014-04-01 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

This is why your math is so shit. You guys keep using commas instead of decimals, so you are never in the correct order of magnitude (assuming base 10)
    Yeah that's why the chart was upside-down. Fixed it before too much misinformation got out, though.

@MGT please infract Dutchmagoz for bad infos.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Yeah that's why the chart was upside-down. Fixed it before too much misinformation got out, though.

Doing God's (your) work, son.

So glad today is Tuesday. I want to see how many ranks get smashed today!

- - - Updated - - -

Of course this means we will need to start rolling on spirit gear since there are more options, and at least spirit has SOME use.

Tried this build on celestials and ordos today, had some good results. I will post logs after tonights raid.

Quote Originally Posted by PikminPC View Post
    Tried this build on celestials and ordos today, had some good results. I will post logs after tonights raid.
    This build was absolutely nuts out on Timeless Isle on random elites. I couldn't believe it!

10+ Year Old Account

We use the decimal comma because my high school is older than your country so we can do whatever we want in science because we scienced before you scienced. Chill with the language please. You can say anything without being (or appearing to be) hostile. Like I wrote my sentence above.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2014-04-01 at 09:03 PM.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Infracted for flaming.
    Sorry, but outside of US.. it is a common practice to use , rather than .

For example half is 0,5 as to 0.5 in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I cannot determine if his info is bad as I don't really know where he got the number to begin with. As to asking a Mod to take action on forums, do that by reporting posts, not by posting in threads.

As to the whole topic of Hit. It is widely known that if missing 1% of time with your attack proves to be more dps than not missing, then going hit is the wrong thing. This has never been the case for Mages so far though as missing 1% means you will have to get more than 1,01% boost from the same amount of stats that you gained from missing 1% hit. Now am not saying it ain't possible and as I ain't anymore.. But guess it's starting to happen for Mages. Only to show how truly broken the class is.

Fantastic. Mods are infracting April Fools jokes. And yes, I understand I'm not supposed to talk about moderation.

I don't know what is funnier:

Akraen's April Fool's day trolling, or two active mods believing him enough to act like mods in the thread. lol

Can we really not talk about moderation? Who watches the watchmen!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Superwatchmen watch the watchmen and you can contact them if you need something. And I don't even care about the content of the thread, it made no sense to begin with because DPET doesn't take into consideration the chance to hit, only successful hits. Just because it's a joke it doesn't give posters the right to suddenly open a keg and have a frat party in the thread.
    My magic will tear you apart.