No mention of Level Sync?

I had heard this rumor of there being a level sync feature for letting players play old content as if at level (either by grouping with someone actually at that level, or by having the game automatically sync your level to the zone you're in if it's lower than your actual level). I haven't read anything about this from the coverage. Anyone else disappointed? I mean, seems like all the technology is in place at this point.

Edit: Looks like they mentioned today that they are working on level syncing, but they're looking into rewarding players for doing old content.

What would you consider to be a good reward for doing old content while scaled to level? Something similar to valor/justice with quartermasters?
    Last edited by Vuaerioxyz; 2013-11-10 at 02:07 AM. Reason: New Information

I have a feeling we'll see it tomorrow during the "Raids, Questing, and Dungeons" panel. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    None, at least that I have seen. Which is really a shame. It is something that I heard people asking for since freaking vanilla. I remember on my first alliance character asking for help to do gnomergan and having a level 50 help me out and mentioning mentoring would be better.

As long as its not forced like in GW2, i'm all for it.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it's optional. I despise forced de-leveling and level syncing. Wrecking low level content as a max level every once in a while is one of my favorite things about MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I have a feeling we'll see it tomorrow during the "Raids, Questing, and Dungeons" panel. :P
    Think so too but it was interesting that they didn't mention it in the What's Next panel. On the other hand, maybe they plan to use that to cover some of the empty space at the end of this expansion. So not part of WoD at all. I guess we'll know soon enough.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I sure hope so. I play MMOs by theme (WoW is my fantasy MMO, City of Heroes/Villains was my modern MMO RIP, and EVE Online is my future MMO). City of Heroes/Villains had this feature and it was one of my favorite things, since many of the players I played with had max toons. CoH/V had it both ways though, so you could scale up or down. EVE Online works on a skill system, the idea of "levels" doesn't exactly exists there, so that also appealed to me... I've always wonder if a fantasy MMO that was level-less could work, like some of the MUDs of yore.

Maybe..just maybe.. they announce it tomorrow.
    "Now you can go to old istances and be downgraded to a challeenging level"
    and maybe... this feature will be out in 5.5 or before/after so we can wait for the expansion (or 5.5) so we have things to do and we dont get bored

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    Maybe..just maybe.. they announce it tomorrow.
    "Now you can go to old istances and be downgraded to a challeenging level"
    and maybe... this feature will be out in 5.5 or before/after so we can wait for the expansion (or 5.5) so we have things to do and we dont get bored
    Stop getting my hopes up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember that the feature is going to be an LFG tool thing and not automatically on or anything.

From the lack of mention though, I doubt we'll see it at release. They would have mentioned it otherwise - it'd have been a nice bullet point in their trailer.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

On rewards, they could have a special currency from running old content while scaled to level that is used for the purchase of heirlooms, instead of the current system of farming heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuaerioxyz View Post
    I had heard this rumor of there being a level sync feature for letting players play old content as if at level (either by grouping with someone actually at that level, or by having the game automatically sync your level to the zone you're in if it's lower than your actual level). I haven't read anything about this from the coverage. Anyone else disappointed? I mean, seems like all the technology is in place at this point.

Edit: Looks like they mentioned today that they are working on level syncing, but they're looking into rewarding players for doing old content.

What would you consider to be a good reward for doing old content while scaled to level? Something similar to valor/justice with quartermasters?
    Do you happen to know the source of this announcement? if so i would very much like to see it please
    Last edited by Terielx1; 2014-04-03 at 11:07 PM.

This is probably the "big unnamed feature" that got scrapped some time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a link from August 2013. I hope this comes with WoD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ckHhcp7mvo&t=11m7s

Making this fully functional by allowing max level chars do old content with syncs to their level for rewards OR playing with lowbie friends is a really good thing. It will bring some sort of worth to old content again. I can only hope they get this feature in for WOD as its actually a selling point imo.

They tested the tech ingame ages ago, used to be able to actually see it live, dunno if you still can.

But I think as a feature it's on the backburner until they think more about it and figure out a way to make it make sense/have rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well this thread is a 5-month necro.... dunno if that's against MMO's forum rules or not