Thread: Earthquake

Earthquake

Just a quick question. Are us elemental shamans supposed to be using Earthquake in our multi-target rotation? Icy-veins doesn't say so but it seems weird that we shouldn't

nope. its physical dmg, so it doesn't scale with gear. Its some ridiculous number like "needs to hit 10 adds for the full duration..." or something like that. Magma totem is pretty worthless too. Just spam that chain lightning (glyphed) with 4+ targets and sub in CL for LB doing a normal rotation with 2-3 targets.

I've been saying since it came out Make it instant cast like death and decay! That was before the CD on CL was removed so I don't really except any buff to our aoe.. just stinks that it could of been a cool spell but remain a waste of a keybind.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledecor View Post
    Just a quick question. Are us elemental shamans supposed to be using Earthquake in our multi-target rotation? Icy-veins doesn't say so but it seems weird that we shouldn't
    Worth casting in any situation that you cant be casting on anything else.
    Say inbetween galak waves if nothing else is alive.

Also KINDof helpful for really early seigecrafter progression for the knockdowns on the mines.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Also useful on Immersius, since you literally have nothing else to cast while the blobs are flying. Do you guys use glyphed earthquake on large concentrations ?
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2014-03-30 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Also useful on Immersius, since you literally have nothing else to cast while the blobs are flying. Do you guys use glyphed earthquake on large concentrations ?
    Also useful when theres those one or two healing adds that are taking forever to reach you can precast an earthquake under immurs.
    I personally precast earthquake almost constantly in challenge modes and not as much for the free damage but for the trinket/bboy proc

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

It's good to mess up mobs and knock them down. It can really come in handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
    nope. its physical dmg, so it doesn't scale with gear.
    This is false. Earthquake scales with spell power like any other Shaman spell does. It simply does physical damage instead of magical, but the scaling is still spell power based.

I'm not arguing that it's useful or useless, but people really need to stop spreading this "it's physical damage so it doesn't scale with spell power" lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I think I only use it at the start of Norushen

ITT we move for the spell to be renamed GIRTHQUAKE.
    Hi Sephurik

Most likely one of the spells that will be axed in WoD.

I use it on Shamans for the green blop adds as our hunters and destro warlocks kill them so fast that most of the time CL is not an option. It is not the best dps but it helps in case our hunters/wls cannot effectivly reach the adds. You can also cast it at Nazgrim if your guild does not nuke the Boss in Def-stance and a new wave of adds is about to spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingbaby View Post
    I use it on Shamans for the green blop adds as our hunters and destro warlocks kill them so fast that most of the time CL is not an option. It is not the best dps but it helps in case our hunters/wls cannot effectivly reach the adds. You can also cast it at Nazgrim if your guild does not nuke the Boss in Def-stance and a new wave of adds is about to spawn.
    I can't say I understand this logic. Chain Lightning is one of the best snap cleaves in the game, a ~1.2 second cast with moderate gear (usually GCD capped because of the absurdly high meta uptime) that deals instant damage; Destruction Warlock AoE is almost entirely identical, similar cast time, slightly less damage outweighed by being able to use Conflag; though Incinerate has a travel time. You would almost certainly deal more damage to the adds if you was Chain Lightning them compared to a Destruction Warlock (since they don't all spawn at once). SV hunters similarly wouldn't be able to outburst an Elemental Shaman on Foul Slimes because of ramp up damage as SV (though the same doesn't apply for BM).

I can agree EQ does have (limited) opportunities in SoO (a lot of them mentioned above), but I can't really say pre-casting EQ on Dark Shamans is a good idea.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-31 at 12:19 PM.

Well, I guess that was kind of missleading. Earthquake is not optimal at shamans, nor is it mandatory. We have 5 Hunters and 3 Warlocks, even with 1,x sec CL cast time often the adds die too fast for CL. Shamans are on farm and we vastly outgear the content now so it is not a good choice for progression.

Earthquake is never a mandatory spell. I mean ... pre casting on Norushen, Galakras adds or Nazgrim adds is never the deciding factor for a kill, it's just a couple of thousand extra damage. That's what I mainly wanted to say ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
    nope. its physical dmg, so it doesn't scale with gear.
    It does indeed scale with gear, although very very very poorly.

Anyways it looks like Earthquake will become a part of our AoE rotation in Warlords of Draenor, so this thread is already outdated
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    It does indeed scale with gear, although very very very poorly.

Anyways it looks like Earthquake will become a part of our AoE rotation in Warlords of Draenor, so this thread is already outdated
    Yea, I wrote it incorrectly, being physical dmg, we don't the passive gain from whatever the passive is where nature dmg is increased. Ascendance should also mod earthquake and make it fire dmg like it does with CL

Quote Originally Posted by Jingbaby View Post
    ur the best class for doing the adds.