Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, we won't.

-Blizzard
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Bashoik's post from 2/13/14
    Bashiok is a fool who doesn't think about things like "I will get my title on Framulphgdtar the realm with only 5 Horde and then transfer to Illidan."

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Class X might not be flavor of the month right now, but a skilled player can still get gladiator titles as that class. In Challenge Modes, a bad class will NEVER be eligible for a realm-best time.
    That is complete bullshit. Excluding the very few realms where the times are incredibly dominant, you see a wide range of classes and times in the best slots. Certainly monk tanks and disc priest healers are the most dominant--they are not exclusive. Just like Class X might be the most dominant, but not exclusive.

All 9 feats that I got were done in a sale with a guardian druid tank. Stop blaming class for your incompetence.

I know it sucks for the people that have put ina ton of hours, but the titles were a TERRIBLE idea in the first place.

They should never give that type of reward to something that is so comp dependent that some classes just stand no chance over other classes. Blizzard has literally given up balancing challenge modes.

Vengeance is still the way it was on release.

Monks dont have their 20% nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I know it sucks for the people that have put ina ton of hours, but the titles were a TERRIBLE idea in the first place.

They should never give that type of reward to something that is so comp dependent that some classes just stand no chance over other classes. Blizzard has literally given up balancing challenge modes.

Vengeance is still the way it was on release.

Monks dont have their 20% nerf.
    Looking at your armory page you don't really seem to have a lot of experience in competitive CMs, maybe you should study and experience the subject before making too ridiculous statements.

Some classes will simply never be optimal for challenge modes due to how the class plays. Melee dps and certain specs like moonkins will not be competitive with the better classes/specs due to lack of aoe damage and mobility. That will still not make you unavailable from getting a time at least within 2 minutes of every top time with any comp you like. You haven't played enough CMs, especially not in an aim towards fast times, if you think it is that streamlined. There are still strategies evolving in a lot of dungeons as of today and they have been out for over a year now. Still, only a few ones have been next to perfectly executed. High end PvP plays out the same way and is narrowed down to a few classes/specs but there are still gladiators with odd class or spec choices.

It's mainly that it is easy enough if you are planning to go for times to actually just prepare a new alt and get the bis gear straight from LFR so anyone competent enough would just re roll instead of playing a suboptimal spec. It's all about minmaxing.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2014-04-07 at 05:47 PM.

It's not the hours people have put into it so far that should be considered, it's just a ridiculously terrible business decision to not have the titles be permanent. People WOULD have spent thousands of hours working on outdoing each other, accumulating more and more hours as WoD drew closer and closer, to be the last group standing on each realm with the best times to be one of the 5 people per realm to keep the titles.

Blizzard just threw those thousands of hours in the garbage and guaranteed that going forward people will save several thousand hours spent before that even ...... incredibly stupid business decision. Whoever came up with the idea I'll assume will eventually get fired but should also be sued by Blizzard for costing them a big chunk of profit.

I'm assuming it's someone with an online business school degree .... or perhaps (gasp) someone with no business degree at all.

it would be EXTREMLY stupid to have the titles remained as there is currently a bug which lets you put 9 people in a dungeon, but only the 5 original people will be awarded the dungeon credit.

Yeah, soo it's kind of retarded for these titles to go into WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    it would be EXTREMLY stupid to have the titles remained as there is currently a bug which lets you put 9 people in a dungeon, but only the 5 original people will be awarded the dungeon credit.

Yeah, soo it's kind of retarded for these titles to go into WoD.
    I've never heard of this and I'm pretty sure all current top contenders are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    They've already compromised by creating a title specifically for players that have the realm fastest feats (in 6.0). Don't expect any more than that.
    How is creating the titles in the first place a compromise?

Deleted
    Well you will get your titles...when other gets their flying sorry

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    It's not the hours people have put into it so far that should be considered, it's just a ridiculously terrible business decision to not have the titles be permanent.
    They weren't permanent in the first place.

Blizzard just threw those thousands of hours in the garbage
    On my server nobody is even trying for the titles since they're on such lockdown by one team that nobody has a shot at it. That team therefore never had to defend said title. I'm sure they're crying in their sleep over thousands of hours wasted holding that title.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2014-04-12 at 04:01 AM.

If you ever had a realm-best time, no matter how brief, you will get the special "Mistwalker" title.

Realm first titles are and have always been bad because there is too much variance between realms. The threshold is not equal. This is why the challenge mode titles were a bad idea in the first place, not even taking into account the class balance.

I think the common title for whoever achieved a realm first title is a good solution. There are also the achievements, even though it's silly how they got added mid-expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realm best titles?

You mean those times that were "exploited" with the absurd scaling of warlocks in the start of MoP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Realm best titles?

You mean those times that were "exploited" with the absurd scaling of warlocks in the start of MoP?
    i think you ment ele shamans.

As far as the titles go there isnt much point to go for them even in wod. The only thing that matters in cms now is getting people to buy carries
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Realm best titles?

You're so stupid. You really are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Okay, we won't.

-Blizzard
    Literally the first thing that came to mind to post. Nice.

And, they're removing the titles not the feats. Who gives a flying fornication if you have 9 more titles you'll never use. It's those sweet sexy feats that really matter and they're not going anywhere. Besides we're getting new ones in Orc-land, likely several, because it sounds like they're fully embracing this CM Season thing. Which is super boss.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The titles will go away, sorry, but Blizzard always says they were temporary!

I wish they wouldn't remove them. I'm 6x9/9 (nearly 8x) and still, I wish they wouldn't remove them.

They should make the mog gear obtainable by other means at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Bashiok is a fool who doesn't think about things like "I will get my title on Framulphgdtar the realm with only 5 Horde and then transfer to Illidan."
    You lose the current title if you realm xfer, not sure about the upcoming Mistwalker title though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

want to keep titles there is simple solution, give everyone chance to get them before the "end of season"

for example gate of the settings sun has 13min gold timer, if person finish in 8min or less (number subject to change) he will get the title.

same way that the top % gladiator break down or w/e

it will allow for fair competition rather then "look at me i can get best timer on realm cus im class X"
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.