Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hearthstone: 10 million players before the launch of the iPad...

So, as I expected and predicted: Hearthstone already passed the 10.000.000 account mark.

No doubt this will double in that huge tablet market.

Already the most played CCG in history and just one month launched on ONE platform...

Go figure...

link:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...ml?id=13614572

I wonder what these guys will say now that called it a niche product in a "niche" market...

This game is generating an absolutely insane amount of pure profit for Blizzard. Absolutely genius setup business-wise and the game is actually good on top of it. And it's not even bad if you never spend any money at all. Just absolute success all around for everyone when it comes to Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    So, as I expected and predicted: Hearthstone already passed the 10.000.000 account mark.

Already the most played CCG in history and just one month launched on ONE platform...

Go figure...

link:

I wonder what these guys will say now that called it a niche product in a "niche" market...

Nah, still going to re-quote you on whether or not Hearthstone will be successful:

But Hearthstone doesn't fall in that category. Not at all. It is NOT casual enough to replace Crazy Birds (stupid game too) and it is PvP based with a very (boring) hardcore surrounding these days.

Nope, not a lot of women will be attracted to it. And nope apart from the usual "gamers" crowd it won't enter general public acceptance either.

Part of that is due to the PvP kind of seeding, part of it is that HS is the wrong kind of game to be played for months long.

Will it penetrate the giant smartphone market? Nope. Can it be a hit on tablets? Let's hope for Blizzard, but frankly I think the "vogue" will be very limited, because most people will get owned by the hardcore crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tiny little card game with hardly any depth or balancing can attract more users than wow? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Nah, still going to re-quote you on whether or not Hearthstone will be successful:
    Yea, but THE question was: will players keep PLAYING after getting owned by the hardcore crowd a few months down the road.

That was the 1 billion dollar question. A great launch in numbers could be followed by a huge drop off of players after the initial PvP nerds owning the place.

To continue Blizzard should deliver huge masses of PVE content to attract the other 100.000.000 crowd just like Crazy Birds and just like the numbers of accounts created in WoW over 10 years.

If not it will crumble to the usual 1 million hardcore pvp crowd.

So I predicted the success, but I also predicted the nerds owning the place if Blizzard doesn't make it more casual friendly.

The 10.000.000 is the Blizzard crowd, now to convince the billion other gamers ...that's another story.

As an investor I expect > 500 million dollars revenue - yearly even - from this game. That can only be achieved by adding far more casual PVE contests.

HS could easely replace 5 million subs in WoW but not by going PvP niche after the launch on iPads.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-04-04 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

Go figure...

link:

How are they counting players? Do I count because I own the game and have played? I shouldn't because I haven't opened it in over a month. Rather play D3 and HotS.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    A tiny little card game with hardly any depth or balancing can attract more users than wow? >.<
    Yes, thanks to a little thing called accessibility. There's no subscription, you can technically play it without spending a dime, and you can casually jump in and play a 10 minute match, whereas there's not much you can do on WoW in 10 minutes. Not really surprising at all.

Pretty nice results, but I personally got pretty bored of the game. I actually started playing it for a few days but I feel that I won't be playing it for that long before getting bored again.

I wonder how the game will do on the Ipad, but the Ipad crowd isn't really into PvP that much. Its more of a casual platform

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played in awhile but the iPad version could get me playing more (at work...shhh). I'm really going to need that monk hero, though, Blizz.

WoW, D3...I'm all about the monks these days.

Well deserved. The game is polished, brilliant and fun as hell. I've personally dropped over $300 on packs and arena decks. Can't wait to get it on my iPad.

Deleted
    I love doing the dailies but they should give more incentive to fight every day. Nothing better than doing the dailies every 3 days and completing all 3 at once .

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool game. I think it'll definitely pay off for blizz. Which is good, because then they can allocate more resources to developing things like titan.

Deleted
    I think the number of players will drop off a bit. People who get stomped around by people with good rares/epics/legendaries will either decide to buy some packs and see where it gets them or decide that this game is not nooby-friendly at all and just stop playing. That's at least what I think will happen, I might be missing the mark entirely though.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a game that is easy to enjoy without putting in much effort. You can absolutely spend a lot of time, even money and be an incredible player. But for those that don't want to put in that much work and just want something easy and fun to casually play this is perfect for them as well. It has a mass appeal, I'm not at all surprised by it's success. I haven't tried it on my iPad yet, but will most likely give it a go over the weekend. I think it's perfect for the tablet market.

Hearthsteed definitely helped a lot. Know a lot of people who logged in only for that. Not sure "what registered accounts" even means because it's just your bnet, and it'll exist even if you've never played it but play WoW or D3 instead

I feel like the game will thrive if they find a way to keep it fresh and new, as long as they stagger new classes and cards I feel like the game could go very far in terms of success.

where does this "Most played CCG in history" come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    where does this "Most played CCG in history" come from?
    I'm pretty sure they just meant for the computer, as Magic would probably be the most played in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    I'm pretty sure they just meant for the computer, as Magic would probably be the most played in history.
    I'm pretty sure yu-gi-oh! was beating magic in players last year, but in the long run, yeah, I don't see anything beating Magic. Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh! have a LOT more players than Hearthstone probably ever will.

unfortunately it's still broken in some ways (cards still get stuck on the board, cards appear on the very left side, etc)