Page 2 of 231 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    First impressions:

Completely surprised by the small amount of changes. It seems like we are mostly going to be business as usual. Much will depend on how the removal of dot snapshotting will affect our gameplay (mostly an Affliction and Demo issue).

The Good: More widespread availability of Spell haste buff and the leveling up perks (even though I fully realise we are only getting power ups we would have gotten anyway, and are balanced around)

The Bad: Removal of Fel Flame and Drain Soul, nerf to Healthstones and gateway.

The Ugly: Professions no longer giving combat advantages

Hope the datamining maybe unearths some more good stuff, even if it's not directly Warlock related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    I was kinda hoping for curse of elements to be baked into another spell but it's fine
    This.

Put it into corr and immo and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    I'm open minded - a lot might change (for good or worse) before launch.
    Ultimately that's how I feel. I'm upset about Soulshatter, and the nerf to Gateway. Healthstones are going to be far more meh. But, I am open-minded, won't be 'zomg canceling sub', and will just wait and see how Beta goes. It's not like we're the only class getting lots of nerfs and cuts.

Warlock "perks"

Warlock
    All
    Improved Demons - Increases all damage done by your demon pets by 20%.
    Affliction
    Improved Life Tap - Life Tap grants an additional 20% mana.
    Empowered Agony (NYI) - Your Agony now stacks up to 12 times.
    Enhanced Haunt - Your Haunt lasts an additional 2 sec.
    Improved Corruption - Your Corruption deals an additional 20% damage.
    Improved Unstable Affliction - Your Unstable Afflction deals an additional 20% periodic damage.
    Improved Malefic Grasp - Your Malefic Grasp deals 100% additional damage on targets below 20% health.
    Enhanced Nightfall - Increases your chance to trigger Nightfall by 5%.
    Empowered Drain Life - Health gained from your Drain Life grows by 10% each time it heals you.
    Demonology
    Empowered Drain Life - Health gained from your Drain Life grows by 10% each time it heals you.
    Improved Molten Core - Molten Core reduces the cast time and mana cost of Soul Fire by an additional 25%.
    Empowered Demons - Grants your demon pets an additional 10% haste and 10% critical strike chance.
    Improved Shadow Bolt - Your Shadow Bolt deals an additional 20% damage.
    Enhanced Corruption - Your Corruption generates 1 additional Demonic Fury each time it deals damage.
    Empowered Doom - Your Doom has an additional 20% critical strike chance.
    Enhanced Hand of Gul'dan - The radius of your Hand of Gul'dan is increased by 2 yards.
    Improved Touch of Chaos - Your Touch of Chaos deals 20% additional damage.
    Destruction
    Enhanced Chaos Bolt - The cast time on your Chaos Bolt is reduced by 0.5 sec.
    Empowered Immolate - Your Immolate deals 100% additional damage when it initially strikes the target.
    Improved Conflagrate - Your Conflagrate deals 20% additional damage.
    Empowered Incinerate - Your Incinerate has 20% additional critical strike chance.
    Improved Ember Tap - Your Ember Tap heals you for an additional 20%.
    Improved Shadowburn - Your Shadowburn deals 20% additional damage.
    Enhanced Backlash - Physical attacks against you have a 15% increased chance to trigger Backlash.
    Enhanced Drain Life - Your Drain Life now generates Burning Embers.

I feel its them compensating for the item squash

thoughts? comments?

I am not surprised by some sort of healthstone change.
    It was a unique utility, and a good one at that.
    The other choice was 1 or more classes being able to bring their own colour of the glowing candy.
    At least this way it still remains warlocky, rather than another "Me Too" ability.

Disappointed they didn't "fix" the application of CoE into something else, given how that IS simply a bloat by the stated definition.
    Others can apply it passively, we have to do it manually.
    Suppose they want to persist with the "theme" of being a debuffer, which at least the QoL improvement of the AoE aura will help with.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-04-04 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The other choice was 1 or more classes being able to bring their own colour of the glowing candy.
    At least this way it still remains warlocky, rather than another "Me Too" ability.
    Not sure if it's been mentioned in the first post, but they put healthstones and health pots on the same CD (separate CD from mana/damage/armor pots)

I don't really like how they did it. Literally now it's just a gold-saving ability. Would rather they have given a healthstone equivalent to another class. At least that way it's only two classes who can bring that utility, rather than literally everyone.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    True, and cheap, cause Health potions will likely be a staple in self healing again, so we won't have to buy/craft any for ourselves. I like cheap, but I preffered our unique utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malefic grasp hasn't been removed? I can tell wod will be shit.

Shadowburn originally didn't return mana in the Mists Beta until we brought up the problem of Destro OOMing when switching to Shadowburn in execute phase (because otherwise Chaos Bolt is your "mana return"). I'm not sure what the point of that is.

Demo also has no real AoE filler without Void Ray. Either they go back to hellfire not being a passive channel or you keep Immo Aura and just use ToC on individual targets.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-04-04 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned in the first post, but they put healthstones and health pots on the same CD (separate CD from mana/damage/armor pots)
    It was, in the professions section, but I highlighted it to make it stand out more now. It such a wall of text that it kinda got lost in it all.

Mostly w/e changes, but losing Fel Flame is pretty huge. We knew it was coming, but it will seriously screw destro in pvp. Will that make us the only spec that will be 100% damage locked when interrupted (no, I'm not counting being able to still CB while firelocked as relevant unless you're doing it intentionally)? It also shoehorns us even more into KC, sigh.

Kind of concerned about the loss of shoulshatter. Just saw these so haven't checked to see if any other class lost its threat drop mechanic. As well, Fel Flame loss will mean on heavy movement fights one must use KC.

Why remove carrion swarm for demo locks? it was a unique utility they brought for PVP.... kinda the only upside they seemed to have in my opinion.

Kinda upset about that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Mostly w/e changes, but losing Fel Flame is pretty huge. We knew it was coming, but it will seriously screw destro in pvp. Will that make us the only spec that will be 100% damage locked when interrupted (no, I'm not counting being able to still CB while firelocked as relevant unless you're doing it intentionally)? It also shoehorns us even more into KC, sigh.
    Fel Flame repurcussions will be felt throughout game play. I mostly used it to combat totems, and more importantly to one shot low level stuff when I was in old world/dungeons/raids. I'll now have to probably wait for Corruption to tick in Affliction/Demo, or round up groups and Rain of Fire on them in Destro (since Conflag charges are usually too slow to keep up). Both options suck, and I hate them.

Oh, and I just realised that totems are often immune to dots, if I recall correctly to my time as a Warlock before we had Fel Flame, so there's that too. NO idea how we are supposed to take care of them now if that's still true. >.<

fel flame removal is concerning, the rest is ok, fel flame will return, beta will show them it's impossible to play without fel flame pvp wise

Fel Flame getting cut is just them balancing the ranged mobility problem with a chainsaw.

I'm a little confused about the class perks, it seems like a way of bringing back certain abilties/passives that were on those big old talents trees we use to have. seems like its just one big step backwards.Also why did the get rid of fel flame? i love having that spell, it was useful for a a decent amount of situations if the warlock knew what he was doing and why remove carrion swarm? warlocks didn't really have button bloat compared to many of the other classes and yet they still did their pruning to the class.

They're just to give us little leveling bonuses between "talent breakpoints".

15+ Year Old Account
    The removal of fel flame is what I'm the most upset about... Fucking hate the idea of going back to having no instant damage nuke. Shadowbolt spam for low level content? No fucking thank you.
    Facilis Descensus Averno