Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is too much up. It will be hard to equilibrate that I guess.

Deleted
    PRIEST
    HOLY
    Enhanced Focused Will - Strength of Soul can also trigger from Penance.

Hmmmmm, interesting

Quote Originally Posted by KotaValentine View Post
    So I am having a hard time with these notes...I personally main a rogue and I found the buffs to our abilities to be nice but the removal of our spells...it has me wondering what reasoning was it to remove those. First off Disarm Trap, granted it's an ability nobody uses in current content but I had hoped that Blizzard would add some form of mechanic in the new raids where rogues would once again be able to disarm traps and such for the raids just like they once did in Blackwing Lair.

Now moving onto the next ability, Rupture being removed from Combat, now I see the idea behind this because combat is more of a dueling/hard hitting class that really isn't based off of dots for increased dps so I am not happy about it being removed but it's not a total deal breaker.

Now for the last ability, Shadow Blades, from what I understand Blizzard said they wanted to get rid of spells and abilities that were practically useless in there respective classes, so then why remove Shadow Blades?...which is a rogue's major damage CD, our really only CD, especially for combat, now Assassination has Vendetta which I can see is good in itself, Subtlety has Shadow Dance, Combat has Killing spree which in most situations isn't viable mainly for it's positioning purposes. Quite frankly I am greatly upset with the removal of Shadow Blades, yes this is a form of rant and I know other classes got gimped pretty hard but I am seriously just not seeing why they wouldn't get rid of other useless abilities such as Tricks of the Trade or Redirect instead? Well I guess there is still a good while where new patch notes will be released and maybe this issue will be addressed.
    Tricks of the Trade was an integral part of the rotation... You put it on your raid's top dps and increase his dps by 3% if you keep it up. Redirect is amazing on multitarget fights. And Combat gets Adrenaline Rush for your cooldown. And without Rupture on Combat they get to buff all your other abilities, what's the problem?

Honestly, if you main a rogue you main a real low level one. Shadow Blades was really just something you mindlessly popped whenever it was up, there's no point to keeping it instead of just moving that power to abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Tricks of the Trade was an integral part of the rotation... You put it on your raid's top dps and increase his dps by 3% if you keep it up. Redirect is amazing on multitarget fights. And Combat gets Adrenaline Rush for your cooldown. And without Rupture on Combat they get to buff all your other abilities, what's the problem?

Honestly, if you main a rogue you main a real low level one. Shadow Blades was really just something you mindlessly popped whenever it was up, there's no point to keeping it instead of just moving that power to abilities.
    Actually us rogues dont mindlessly pop Shadow Blades,it is an integral part of cutting people down especially in pvp,it bypasses all armour and absorbs and completely nukes the target,and as for Killing Spree any time i use that in PvP i practically cut the enemy player down to at least 10% of his hp which is very easy to finish off.

Also again a pvp note disarm trap was very useful for me as hunters place alot of traps on flags which i disarm and then blind or sap the hunter and smoke bomb the flag to cap it easily so im very sad for this mechanic to go.

But as a PvE and PvP player i barely use if not ever Redirect,Feint,Expose Armour,and just lately i dont bother using tricks of the trade unless im the top dps in raids but again saying that i just pop evasion and tank the boss for abit,i even recently tanked Nuizao from 90% and even the boss of IoC from 100% because evasion plus heals is just too OP,im forever tanking things with my combat rogue its insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Nope. Shadow Blades is a huge boost in PvP against casters in particular. It's never been a mindless push for me or any other rogue i know. OFC if the promised nerf to absorbs and shields is going to take effect then it would become an OP ability if it remained. But i say again, it has never been a mindless one.

you get a random perk
    Random, really? Bad idea id s bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    So, they gutted the really fun talent tree system and justified it by saying that most of the talents were mandatory boring old "Plus 5% damage/healing to X spell" stuff...

And now, their 'perks' system is basically the same thing, only we don't get to actually 'choose' what perks we get, Blizz just hands them to us at each level.

Goddamn, they're seriously dumbing this game down to painful levels.
    No they are not.. currently after every expansion, doing leveling, you become weaker and weaker, due to stats scaling worse at each new level.. this is a way for us to let us feel like we become stronger for each level, rather than weaker...
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

So what happens with these when you change specs during the leveling process?

Definitely not breaking any new grounds here, but I'm excited to see what they can come up with for these perks. If what we've seen for Balance and Restoration Druids is any indication, this looks like it's heading in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Improved Flame Shock - Your Flame Shock ticks have a 15% chance to reset the cooldown of Lava Lash.
    Improved Maelstrom Weapon - Maelstrom Weapon now also causes your spells to deal 20% additional damage per stack of Maelstrom Weapon.
    I want to see EVERY perk be like those. Not like the flat damage increases. Things like this make the spells more interesting and actually cause them to alter rotations/priorities.
    Otherwise? This is just bringing back the old spell ranking system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Actually us rogues dont mindlessly pop Shadow Blades,it is an integral part of cutting people down especially in pvp,it bypasses all armour and absorbs and completely nukes the target,and as for Killing Spree any time i use that in PvP i practically cut the enemy player down to at least 10% of his hp which is very easy to finish off.

Also again a pvp note disarm trap was very useful for me as hunters place alot of traps on flags which i disarm and then blind or sap the hunter and smoke bomb the flag to cap it easily so im very sad for this mechanic to go.

But as a PvE and PvP player i barely use if not ever Redirect,Feint,Expose Armour,and just lately i dont bother using tricks of the trade unless im the top dps in raids but again saying that i just pop evasion and tank the boss for abit,i even recently tanked Nuizao from 90% and even the boss of IoC from 100% because evasion plus heals is just too OP,im forever tanking things with my combat rogue its insane.
    While I agree with Shadow Blades and Disarm Trap leaving, I'm sure they've done the necessary buffs to our abilities to compensate for 12 seconds of shadow damage + the extra combo point. Such as the following perks, Improved Slice and Dice for assassination. Improved Adrenaline Rush? The GCD reduction one. The extra combo points gained from 12 seconds of Shadow Blades will be made up from never spending combo points on Slice and Dice, and GCD reduction = more combo points from Adrenaline Rush. Let's not forget the secondary stats they're implementing as well. Is CDR one of them? If so, then yeah. They compensated. I forgot to mention the reduced cd of Vanish for subtlety and the premed change as well. More combo points is nomnom. More Find Weakness uptime is nomnom. Speaking on the fact that you never use Redirect, Feint, or Expose Armor...? I'm not sure what to say about this. I'm 100% PvE focused, but even from a PvP point of view. All of these things can make or break an arena match. lol. Sunders so not only your shadow blades will do damage, but your team as well. Assuming you're running kitty/rogue, thug cleave etc etc. Feint in some situations is an 80% damage reduction to AoE and 30% to every thing. Very useful in PvE and PvP which is situational. Not using the 15% damage buff to your raid members? I hope you only do flex or lfr and tanking the boss is not OP.. Why would you want to tank a boss? You lose dps. Dps is all that matters for a non hybrid dps class. lel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some of them I wish were optional. Also changing the range on charge. I... don't know. I don't think I like it. I know it's a buff, but I've been able to eyeball charge range stoned out of my mind for like 8 years now. Don't know how I feel about having to relearn that.

Is it just me or does Camouflage for Survival Hunters seem a little over powered... it doesn't break when dealing or dealt damage so basicly they could sit in camo for 1 min the whole time while receiving 5% of their max hp every second, not to mention the ability basically comes off cool down right as its fading

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm on the beta they chopped like half of those off, did they put them back? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasesarrow View Post
    Is it just me or does Camouflage for Survival Hunters seem a little over powered... it doesn't break when dealing or dealt damage so basicly they could sit in camo for 1 min the whole time while receiving 5% of their max hp every second, not to mention the ability basically comes off cool down right as its fading
    surely be changed in future patches

& only 1 person asked what if ppl change spec during leveling...
    m8, i think, you will get same amount of once randomed perks. if we will be quiet, blizz will miss it and do not fix, and may be it will bring us minigame - switch spec, check perks, switch spec, got good balance, go pwn.

I like the idea of the perks. This was the alternative to giving us more skills, which let's be honest, we already have enough lol. And as far as dumbing down the talents in MoP and even more in WoD. It was uneccesarily complicated unless you were a consistent raider who actually kept up with the game often. They're trying to make the game appealing to casuals, but still enjoyable for hardcore players, which i think they are succeeding in.