Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    How is that confusing at all. You enter an Eclipse, you gain an instant cast HT proc, you use that HT, you get a Starsurge.
    Pretty sure you are misreading it. When you enter Eclipse you will get a free HT and a SS proc. It says nothing about having to cast the HT to get the SS proc.

Symbiosis removed? How else will I kill my friends on Sha trash? :C

I see nothing new or cool at all. They copy-pasted Starfall and painted it yellow and we get Insect Swarm back. Woo?

:/

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Pretty sure you are misreading it. When you enter Eclipse you will get a free HT and a SS proc. It says nothing about having to cast the HT to get the SS proc.
    No you are the one reading it wrong. It is quite clearly implied that the HT will reset the cooldown on Starsurge. The lack of an s on the end of reset clearly implies that it is connected to the HT, not Eclipse.

"Eclipse now causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to become instant cast and reset the cooldown on Starsurge."
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-04-04 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldon View Post

Conclusion?
    NOT a single druid will ever choose a talent other than EQUINOX:
    - 100% uptime eclipse benefit the new Hurricane because you can't be moved by it outside eclipse nerfing your own damage
    - SuF/MF passive damage increase doesn't benefit the talent Insect Swarm
    - Incarnation 100% uptime with the talent
    - Choosing another talent means that while not in eclipse 2 Starsurge (50 energy each) brings you into eclipse giving you no time to cast Insect Swarm, or wasting SS procs to cast it.
    I guess I dont count as a druid then?

I'm actually "more excited" about the other two talents than equinox. I'll get more into detail etc once im done moving (gf is making mad looks at me while @ pc....)

15+ Year Old Account
    No you are the one reading it wrong. It is quite clearly implied that the HT will reset the cooldown on Starsurge. The lack of an s on the end of reset clearly implies that it is connected to the HT, not Eclipse.

"Eclipse now causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to become instant cast and reset the cooldown on Starsurge."
    I feel they need to clarify with punctuation. Nowhere in there does it say Healing Touch resets cooldown on Starsurge. It is saying Eclipse effects Healing Tough and Starsurge.

I feel they need to clarify with punctuation. Nowhere in there does it say Healing Touch resets cooldown on Starsurge. It is saying Eclipse effects Healing Tough and Starsurge.
    It does say that Healing Touch will reset Starsurge, punctuation isn't the only form of syntax you do know...

Eclipse now causes thing X and thing Y.

sounds to me starsurge reset is tied to eclipse rather than HT, but only blizzard knows

15+ Year Old Account
    It does say that Healing Touch will reset Starsrage, punctuation isn't the only form of syntax you do know...
    I still think you should try using your noggin in addition to upping your reading comprehension. Why would we waste a GCD to reset the CD on SS? I mean, an instant healing touch is nice and all, but doing it every Eclipse would be silly.

I still think you should try using your noggin in addition to upping your reading comprehension. Why would we waste a GCD to reset the CD on SS? I mean, an instant healing touch is nice and all, but doing it every Eclipse would be silly.
    Compare it to the Feral and Guardian version of DoC then tell me I'm wrong. It's a utility talent.

Deleted
    I'm with Glurp on this, the wording indicates that Healing Touch will reset Starsurge's cooldown. It doesn't read properly for it to be suggesting that Eclipse will reset it.

Eclipse now causes the Druid's next Healing Touch to become instant cast and reset the cooldown on Starsurge.

It would need to say "resets" to mean what you guys think it does. As it's written, the Healing Touch cast is what is being referred to in the last part of the sentence.

[edit] I was also hoping for more Balance love, but these are the very first alpha notes so I'm not going to rend my clothing just yet. Specifically, AOE and NG/Eclipse interactions need to be fixed.[/edit]
    Last edited by mmoc5b62db1c89; 2014-04-04 at 05:41 AM.

The actual wording:

One way to parse it:
    "Eclipse now causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to
    (1) become instant cast and
    (2) reset the cooldown on Starsurge."

Another way to parse it:
    "Eclipse now
    (1) causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to become instant cast and

Like Glurp said, if the wording is correct and there are no typos, only the first parse is grammatically correct.

These sentences are both grammatically correct:
    "Eclipse now causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to become instant cast."
    "Eclipse now causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to reset the cooldown on Starsurge."

However, it is incorrect to say:
    "Eclipse now reset the cooldown on Starsurge."

It would have to say:
    "Eclipse now resets the cooldown on Starsurge."

All the level 100 talents sound boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarm View Post
    The actual wording:

One way to parse it:
    "Eclipse now causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to
    (1) become instant cast and

Another way to parse it:
    "Eclipse now
    (1) causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to become instant cast and

Like Glurp said, if the wording is correct and there are no typos, only the first parse is grammatically correct.

These sentences are both grammatically correct:
    "Eclipse now causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to become instant cast."
    "Eclipse now causes the Druid’s next Healing Touch to reset the cooldown on Starsurge."

However, it is incorrect to say:
    "Eclipse now reset the cooldown on Starsurge."

It would have to say:
    "Eclipse now resets the cooldown on Starsurge."
    https://twitter.com/Beepjeepbeep/sta...46814107688961

Quote Originally Posted by Tecton View Post
    I was also hoping for more Balance love, but these are the very first alpha notes so I'm not going to rend my clothing just yet. Specifically, AOE and NG/Eclipse interactions need to be fixed.[/edit]
    The real Balance love is in the leveling perks. Mushroom now grows in power and Astral Storm/Hurricane now give Eclipse energy every 1 sec.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-04-04 at 07:18 AM.

Deleted
    "Symbiosis has been removed."

Wasnt this the only spell we got for MoP?
    Last edited by mmoc0d8208a29e; 2014-04-04 at 07:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Beepjeepbeep/sta...46814107688961

The real Balance love is in the leveling perks. Mushroom now grows in power and Astral Storm/Hurricane now give Eclipse energy every 1 sec.
    It's nice they clarified. Seems like terrible wording and a fairly clunky mechanic.

Now if these racials stay the way they are how is Night elf going 2 compare to worgen for alliance players? I see the 1% haste and 1% crit from NE to be an odd way of doing it/

Am I the only one psyched about the return of insect swarm? I freaking love it, with the addition of it making only usable in non-eclipsed-mode. It brings a bit more depth to the moonkin rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by sealtest View Post
    Now if these racials stay the way they are how is Night elf going 2 compare to worgen for alliance players? I see the 1% haste and 1% crit from NE to be an odd way of doing it/
    No one knows and there's no point speculating until beta when stat weights are actually worth discussing.

Deleted
    Yay Insect Swarm! (even if we don't take it, just glad it's back)

Yay Survival Instincts!

Heart of the Wild looks shit now without the increased stats, unless with us getting Shred it will be worthwhile going cat. Looks like Nature's Vigil will be the go-to talent for us.

I like the levelling perks though, at least it shows they have acknowledged our problem with AoE and they could still change.