Deleted
    Will starsurge still hit harder than SF/Wrath?

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    Thank you. So basically I have to train myself to not ram my button when my SS procs?

Also what is considered the "peak" of an Eclipse?
    Peak = 100 eclipse power in either direction.

I'm thinking that with the new eclipse mechanic, an eclipse circle might actually be more useful than a bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Will starsurge still hit harder than SF/Wrath?
    It has a (much) higher SP scaling than SF(280% vs. 224.1%) and is instant cast at level 100. So, yes. Definitely yes.
    Last edited by huth; 2014-06-11 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Forgot Imp. Starfire perk

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Peak = 100 eclipse power in either direction.

I'm thinking that with the new eclipse mechanic, an eclipse circle might actually be more useful than a bar.

It has a (much) higher SP scaling than SF(280% vs. 224.1%) and is instant cast at level 100. So, yes. Definitely yes.
    So basically right when I enter an Eclipse would be the peak?

No. Right in the middle. In WoD, you gradually shift between Eclipses, rather than entering and leaving them, with the "switch" effectively happening at 0 energy.

No. Right in the middle. In WoD, you gradually shift between Eclipses, rather than entering and leaving them, with the "switch" effectively happening at 0 energy.
    So the peak of my lunar Eclipse would be as "finished" it in MoP and vice versa for Solar. So I would want to cast all my nuke/ powerful spells here / refresh DoTs?

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    So the peak of my lunar Eclipse would be as "finished" it in MoP and vice versa for Solar. So I would want to cast all my nuke/ powerful spells here / refresh DoTs?
    The peak is at 100 energy. Which is in the middle of the respective Eclipse. Each Eclipse "starts" at 0 energy. You want to cast your most powerful spells there and refresh MF, but not SuF(due to the difference in duration) unless you have Euphoria.

The other exception is Stellar Flare, which, due to its unique mechanics, you want to cast as close to 0 as possible.

Simply put, the far left and far right of the Eclipse bar are the peaks.

Because each eclipse starts from 0, goes to 100 and then back to 0 it's effectively a mountain curve. You start low, go to peak and then back down where the other side's mountain starts.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Yeah, the biggest problem I think is that Moon/Sunfire do too much direct damage at the moment.(source)
    So expect that to go down soon. Maybe they'll just cut down the Astral Showers bonus.

Deleted
    Yeah, the biggest problem I think is that Moon/Sunfire do too much direct damage at the moment.(source)
    So expect that to go down soon. Maybe they'll just cut down the Astral Showers bonus.
    Depends, if they just flat out lower the dmg our overall dmg will take a hit which might not be what they want. Instead it would just be easier and better to push some of the direct dmg into the DOT.

Edit: As far as i know they're not tuning yet so this might just be a case of moonfire/sunfire hitting WAY to hard.
    Last edited by mmoc30fc4496f6; 2014-06-12 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Depends, if they just flat out lower the dmg our overall dmg will take a hit which might not be what they want. Instead it would just be easier and better to push some of the direct dmg into the DOT.
    Overall damage is a bit of a non-issue right now. Besides, there are other places they can shift that, as well. It doesn't have to be on the DoTs.

(1+SolarEclipse)*(1+LunarEclipse). In word... It benefits from both multipliers. Yes, Eclipses are snapshot. (source)
    At 50% Eclipse thats a 4% difference between applying Stellar Flare on middle compared to applying it on peak. 12% at 100% Eclipse

15+ Year Old Account
    so basically your eclispes switch automatically in a 'circular' manner ? does this mean that, as you travel to the eclipse 'peak' damage gradually increases for the appropriate type of eclipse ? or does it increase damage at 25/50/75 eclipse ? and how long will the bar pause at peak ?

Something like this?: (lunar) 0-->25-->50-->75--> 100('peak')-->75-->50-->25-->0(solar)-->25-->50-->75-->100('peak')-->75-->etc

I know it's still in beta and that much is subject to change, but i'm just curious.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

I got a question for folks who are actively following the latest changes to moonkins in WoD alpha:

Personally i really hate managing DoTs and buffs/debuffs - did we get any glyph, passive effect or talent that makes re-applying our 2 DoTs happen less often, or makes the DoT reapplying faster (like both dots at once) or at least extends their duration?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Personally i really hate managing DoTs and buffs/debuffs
    That's like what....nearly every class in the game.
    - did we get any glyph, passive effect or talent that makes re-applying our 2 DoTs happen less often, or makes the DoT reapplying faster (like both dots at once) or at least extends their duration?
    Only thing I'm aware of is t100 talent Balance of Power, where your nukes extend the duration of your dots (thereby making you refresh less often)

I got a question for folks who are actively following the latest changes to moonkins in WoD alpha:

Personally i really hate managing DoTs and buffs/debuffs - did we get any glyph, passive effect or talent that makes re-applying our 2 DoTs happen less often, or makes the DoT reapplying faster (like both dots at once) or at least extends their duration?
    There is a tier 100 talent called Balance of Power that makes your nukes extend the duration of your DoTs. Additionally, in Warlords sunfire and moonfire change automatically(the button, not the debuff on the boss) based on your eclipse and last much longer. If someone can confirm - moonfire is 40sec after passive and sunfire is 20?.

The talent can be found here: http://wod.wowhead.com/talent#d!2|
    Atm I believe you'd only have to put up your dots once if you only attacked one target and never had to move or get interupted.
    Last edited by timmytompadderham; 2014-06-12 at 02:36 PM.

Yes, 40/20 seconds. Which makes Moonfire last for an entire cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    so basically your eclispes switch automatically in a 'circular' manner ? does this mean that, as you travel to the eclipse 'peak' damage gradually increases for the appropriate type of eclipse ? or does it increase damage at 25/50/75 eclipse ? and how long will the bar pause at peak ?

Something like this?: (lunar) 0-->25-->50-->75--> 100('peak')-->75-->50-->25-->0(solar)-->25-->50-->75-->100('peak')-->75-->etc

I know it's still in beta and that much is subject to change, but i'm just curious.
    Well, it's a computer game, so a true smoth curve is impossible, but it goes at 1 energy steps. And you only get 0% bonus for one side while the other is at peak.

Yes, 40/20 seconds. Which makes Moonfire last for an entire cycle.

Well, it's a computer game, so a true smoth curve is impossible, but it goes at 1 energy steps. And you only get 0% bonus for one side while the other is at peak.
    I believe Celestalon said that it will eventually be smooth (like a cast bar) in a later build.

The way alpha is right now, you have only one button for moonfire/sunfire, they morph in the other as your eclipse change.

Right now, you cast only 1 moonfire per cycle and 2 sunfires to maintain 100% dot uptime. Moonfire lasts a whooping 40 seconds, sunfire 20 i believe.
    And as others said, balance of power lenghtens the dot duration like it does right now, except better... from the looks of it if you're doing pure single target, you might never need to reapply dots, as starfire extends moonfire by 6 seconds and has a 3second casttime, and thats what youll cast half the time.

hi guys, anyone knows if survival instinct shift us to bear form or we can still in moonkin form?

Deleted
    In the current Alpha build it puts you in bear form.