Deleted
    hurray for 50k dps at iron maiden with stellar flare

dunno whether CA glyph interaction with stellar flare is really a bug or not, wouldnt be suprised if it made it to live :O

Also, getting down the basics of the new balance rotation seems to be much harder than for the old moonkin rotation, whereas after learning the rotation, you cant really do anything to get any better.

Celestalons goal to make it easier to learn and harder to master seems to be backfiring pretty hard imho ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    hurray for 50k dps at iron maiden with stellar flare

dunno whether CA glyph interaction with stellar flare is really a bug or not, wouldnt be suprised if it made it to live :O

Also, getting down the basics of the new balance rotation seems to be much harder than for the old moonkin rotation, whereas after learning the rotation, you cant really do anything to get any better.

Celestalons goal to make it easier to learn and harder to master seems to be backfiring pretty hard imho ...
    There is no way that it is intended for Stellar Flare or Starfall to not consume stacks.

So what does the opener look like with stellar flare now? And how do you manage multidotting with stellar flare now?

(this is like my 10th alt and just kinda looking at druid now)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot View Post
    There is no way that it is intended for Stellar Flare or Starfall to not consume stacks.
    Prolly not.

Also anybody know where this supposed feedback to Balance Druids is supposed to be?: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...81586663038977

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Never been that complex, true, but Starsurge usage used to matter alot more in previous tiers. Currently its this braindead spec in SoO due to having ridiculous gear.
    Its not only the ridiculous gear but the t16 4pc basically making us SS Gatling guns. One of my favorite changes to Boomkin on beta is making management of SS procs require intelligence/interaction again, even if its minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    So what does the opener look like with stellar flare now? And how do you manage multidotting with stellar flare now?
    (this is like my 10th alt and just kinda looking at druid now)
    Prepot/flare on 1>Incarn (if you've taken it)>CA/Moonfire>SS>SFx2>SS>repeat

Speaking of Incarn, it's feeling like we actually have a viable single target alternative in SoTF on that tier. Makes our damage throughout the fight smoother, and in my tests on all of the single target bosses/test dummies, slightly higher. However, clearly inferior to Incarn on multi-target. Kind of like that dynamic honestly. Anyone else feel the same?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapezilla View Post
    Speaking of Incarn, it's feeling like we actually have a viable single target alternative in SoTF on that tier. Makes our damage throughout the fight smoother, and in my tests on all of the single target bosses/test dummies, slightly higher. However, clearly inferior to Incarn on multi-target. Kind of like that dynamic honestly. Anyone else feel the same?
    I agree, however the T17 4p might change that since CA won't align with Incarnation anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    I agree, however the T17 4p might change that since CA won't align with Incarnation anymore.
    People can also play around with CA glyph, using it pre-pull with a pull timer of ~40seconds...

Also CA glyph seems like a way to go with low haste values. It'll lose some on pull if Bloodlust is used but gains alot when used mid-fight - specially if you have to move

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    People can also play around with CA glyph, using it pre-pull with a pull timer of ~40seconds...

Also CA glyph seems like a way to go with low haste values. It'll lose some on pull if Bloodlust is used but gains alot when used mid-fight - specially if you have to move
    I like how you're thinking, if these usages of the CA glyph turn out to work well it will definitely put a significantly higher skill cap on the CD usage as well. However I'm not sure how movement benefits the CA glyph. Since MF/SnF/StF/SS are still the only abilities we can cast during movement it would deplete the 8 stacks in 8 gcd's not really giving much benefit of the glyph, and casting nothing doesn't seem beneficial to me even with strong dots up. (HotW) Catform is an option for movement and prolonged CA, however from the testing I already did with this, no glyph CA > HotW catform glyph CA. Now with movement HotW catform glyph CA might be a dps increase, however with how strong NV is in the utility department I don't see us going for such options until maybe late tier dps whoring.

If going HOTW cat to min/max during movement is the go-to I feel like blizz will just nerf it. They don't seem too keen on classes stance/form dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    I like how you're thinking, if these usages of the CA glyph turn out to work well it will definitely put a significantly higher skill cap on the CD usage as well. However I'm not sure how movement benefits the CA glyph. Since MF/SnF/StF/SS are still the only abilities we can cast during movement it would deplete the 8 stacks in 8 gcd's not really giving much benefit of the glyph, and casting nothing doesn't seem beneficial to me even with strong dots up. (HotW) Catform is an option for movement and prolonged CA, however from the testing I already did with this, no glyph CA > HotW catform glyph CA. Now with movement HotW catform glyph CA might be a dps increase, however with how strong NV is in the utility department I don't see us going for such options until maybe late tier dps whoring.
    It all depends on how long those movement phases are. Usually long movements can be predicted very well, so you wouldnt be using CD's before that. However small movements where you have to cancel starfire casts etc (like "OMG THERES FIRE UNDER YOUR FEET, MOVE AWAY 3yards") benefit CA glyph tremendously

Hey, fixing up simcraft boomkin again as I've given up on warriors =P

I'm getting some maddeningly inconsistent results in game, which make it difficult to verify the modeling... have any of you seen this?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...15&view=events

All buffs/procs disabled, so wrath should steadily increase in damage until it hits solar peak, but instead it's going from 10.8 --> 13 --> 13.9 --> 12.6 --> 15.3

It appears to only occur with wrath, which I'm guessing could be related to travel time? Starfire and all dots appear to be working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Hey, fixing up simcraft boomkin again as I've given up on warriors =P

I'm getting some maddeningly inconsistent results in game, which make it difficult to verify the modeling... have any of you seen this?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...15&view=events

All buffs/procs disabled, so wrath should steadily increase in damage until it hits solar peak, but instead it's going from 10.8 --> 13 --> 13.9 --> 12.6 --> 15.3

It appears to only occur with wrath, which I'm guessing could be related to travel time? Starfire and all dots appear to be working correctly.
    The damage is supposed to be calculated when it leaves your hands/cast is complete. Travel time shouldn't affect it unless your target had a damage taken debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    The damage is supposed to be calculated when it leaves your hands/cast is complete. Travel time shouldn't affect it unless your target had a damage taken debuff.
    Yes, I know that... that's why it's strange that this is occurring. It could mean that blizzard is calculating the damage gained from eclipse in a very unusual way.

wrath seems to be somehow "fucked up" since its damage swings around alot, just tested on a dummy with no changing buffs (CA on) and got up to 10% differences between damage values, while dots and starfire were consistent.

Ignoring the wrath bug, about how much dps are you guys putting out in on the shattrath training dummies? I could only sustain 24-25k, but I'm not a main-moonkin or anything. Currently simcraft's rotation/model is spitting out 24.5k, which matches that perfectly... but it'd be nice to hear if others are seeing that as well.

Code:
    actions.single_target=stellar_flare,if=eclipse_change<3&ticks_remain<3|!ticking
    actions.single_target+=/celestial_alignment,if=(eclipse_dir.lunar&eclipse_max>=5)|@eclipse_energy<=10
    actions.single_target+=/incarnation,if=buff.celestial_alignment.up
    actions.single_target+=/starsurge,if=charges=3
    actions.single_target+=/moonfire,if=(eclipse_max=0&buff.lunar_peak.up)|ticks_remain<3
    actions.single_target+=/sunfire,if=(eclipse_max=0&buff.solar_peak.up)|ticks_remain<3|(buff.celestial_alignment.up&buff.celestial_alignment.remains<=2)
    actions.single_target+=/starsurge,if=(buff.lunar_empowerment.down&eclipse_energy>=0)|(eclipse_energy<0&buff.solar_empowerment.down)
    actions.single_target+=/wrath,if=(eclipse_energy<=0&eclipse_change>cast_time)|(eclipse_energy>0&cast_time>eclipse_change)
    actions.single_target+=/starfire,if=(eclipse_energy>=0&eclipse_change>cast_time)|(eclipse_energy<0&cast_time>eclipse_change)
    Is the action list, if anyone is interested or wants to improve it.

Eclipse_max=0 means that we are currently sitting at either lunar or solar max, <0 eclipse_energy is solar, >0 is lunar, and eclipse_change=3 means that we will cross over 0 balance in the next 3 seconds.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-08-10 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    Probably a little higher than 25k, maybe around 28-29k to 15mil dmg.

managed to pull ~25k with 1 button macro a while back, havent tested dummies that much since.

So how long do our Moonfire and Sunfire now lost?

Is there any way to prolong their duration or refresh them (without directly recasting them)?

Deleted
    29k? I'm not sitting at more than 25-26k sustained

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    29k? I'm not sitting at more than 25-26k sustained
    I got more than 28k with both sotf and inc, full mastery, haste didn't work out that well for me, don't know why :s