10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Good boomkins don't even bother, because they know other classes can do it better, faster and more efficiently. So it's better that we shift our attention to single target mobs that require priority.
    So true, kinda sad because the thing that bought me to boomkin once upon a time was multi dot and aoe capabilities.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    (b) Allow us to glyph (or baseline) for a single grenade type shroom that will still benefit from the AS/Hurricane charging perk (self-buff, lasting 15 seconds?)
    +1 for chuckable Mushroom grenades which I think would be a bad ass aoe if implemented right

15+ Year Old Account
    Really all I want is to be able to hard cast while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    That would just break the game even more. Casting while moving is not a good thing in any situation and the less there is the better it's for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    Then you have to play a hunter. They are, apparently, the only class that gets to be special when it comes to this.

Bit gutted over the lack of Boomy changes. It's one of those specs that I've never enjoyed but really really want to... still, "it's only Alpha"

Love the "Shroom Grenade" concept mentioned. That would be a great start.

Deleted
    I agree with Alzu, please no cast whilst moving ever in this class.

Also looking at the tweet today:
    The hurricane/Shroom combo is horrible. we need something powerful and immediate, not 3 casts praying the mobs won't be moved.

You can pre-water your Shrooms if you want. That's *extremely* powerful and immediate.
    Seems that we will need even longer prep before each fight, getting to right eclipse, pre watering shrooms, placing them in correct place, asking tank to put adds or boss there when needed...god i hate this. Just get rid of shrooms, i am tired of them now, they bring nothing special to our class and are just a pain.

How is pre-watering shooms meant to work? Are we meant to put them down on trash then spam Hurricane single target until they are charged and ready to be put near the boss and how would that effect bosses with no trash or recovery from wipes? I would really like to know more about how we are meant to "water" out shrooms before combat.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    How is pre-watering shooms meant to work? Are we meant to put them down on trash then spam Hurricane single target until they are charged and ready to be put near the boss and how would that effect bosses with no trash or recovery from wipes? I would really like to know more about how we are meant to "water" out shrooms before combat.
    My thoughts exactly. First I thought maybe I read something wrong, and simply channeling hurricane would 'charge' up the shrooms. But that doesn't seem to be the case - Enhanced mushrooms clearly states when Hurricane / AS deal damage.

In addition to what you mentioned about no trash / recovery from wipes, what about the packs of adds that come in after the 1st one? Are boomkins supposed to (more or less) ignore adds? By the looks of it, we will be balanced around having some degree of 'watered' shrooms in our AOE rotation. So hurricane/AS * X, then shroom detonate one pack, then hurricane / AS * X again?

Our channeled AOE also doesn't move with the adds, which have (almost always) been mobile in the case of the ones that need to die quickly. All other classes can at least keep with moving adds and/or fire/forget or persistent ground based aoe with other rotational spell(s). And if someone can get a reply on why they're moving us back to the cata model where we were hunting critters for Eclipse... now we need to clear entire trash packs for Shrooms...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    Seems that we will need even longer prep before each fight, getting to right eclipse, pre watering shrooms, placing them in correct place, asking tank to put adds or boss there when needed...god i hate this. Just get rid of shrooms, i am tired of them now, they bring nothing special to our class and are just a pain.

We still need more info about the mushrooms. They're fine as long as "watering" is based on hurricane / AS cast time instead of dmg.
    Also it should just be a power bar, instead of the resto druid mushroom powerup (aka no mushrooms required to be up for the effect)

+ pretty please a glyph for having only a single mushroom that deals the same damage as 3 mushrooms (+ increases the CD by X-seconds)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    + pretty please a glyph for having only a single mushroom that deals the same damage as 3 mushrooms (+ increases the CD by X-seconds)
    Yes yes yes yes yes.

While I'm not a fan of this watering technique, the thing that bugs me most about it is that we have to deal with three Mushrooms. A glyph that increases Bloom's CD and/or removes Fungal Growth in exchange for a single Mushroom would be a godsend.

I just hate the idea of 'watering' shrooms more and more. I thought the goal of this upcoming expansion was to remove a fair amount of the pre-fight setup from many classes/specs. I already can't stand channeling for a few seconds before every single pull of a boss or group of mobs just to make sure I'm one cast away from my eclipse state and THEN dropping down 3 shrooms as part of the pre-fight ritual. At least that was improved from how it used to be when we had to channel astral communion for much longer to get the eclipse state we wanted to start with.

Just added more pre-fight busywork for us just sounds like the wrong direction to go. But this is early on so maybe with enough feedback they will look at something else to do for us instead of setting up shrooms and then watering them down.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2014-04-16 at 11:04 AM. Reason: forgot shroom info

I thought new expansion is supposed to improve QoL not make it worse. If this goes through as 3 mushrooms (unmovable) and 3 full hurricane channels to charge I'll just play a warlock instead so I can close my eyes and hit fire and brimstone or even better a shadow priest and spam mindsear.

With this sort of setup it has to be the best aoe in the game or it's not worth it... As it stands now in MoP balance probably has the most setup for the lowest sustained (15+sec) aoe.

I'm more concerned with the synergy of Enhanced Storms and Enhanced Mushrooms. Stacking damage to mushrooms seems very nice in my eyes as it gives higher sustained AoE and burst AoE but if to stack them I'm forced OUT of solar eclipse, it's not good. With the current model you'd have to interrupt Hurricane just as you are about to leave Solar and use mushrooms there ignoring whether they are stacked to full or not and that is not a good thing in my opinion.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is just too funny... Let's make a clunky spell more complicated and time consuming instead of coming up with something new because we are too stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    This is just too funny... Let's make a clunky spell more complicated and time consuming instead of coming up with something new because we are too stubborn.
    Celestalon seems to be ignoring all questions regarding Mushrooms and AoE unless they can be answered with "Can be watered and will be TOO STRONK!"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I'm more concerned with the synergy of Enhanced Storms and Enhanced Mushrooms. Stacking damage to mushrooms seems very nice in my eyes as it gives higher sustained AoE and burst AoE but if to stack them I'm forced OUT of solar eclipse, it's not good. With the current model you'd have to interrupt Hurricane just as you are about to leave Solar and use mushrooms there ignoring whether they are stacked to full or not and that is not a good thing in my opinion.
    Or this could actually create for way more interesting gameplay, where decisions in an AoE rotation actually matter. I would really like an AoE rotation that's not just one of: detonate shrooms on cd, detonate shrooms in solar, or detonate shrooms when fully watered. I'd rather it be something depending on the situation where decisionmaking comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    Or this could actually create for way more interesting gameplay, where decisions in an AoE rotation actually matter. I would really like an AoE rotation that's not just one of: detonate shrooms on cd, detonate shrooms in solar, or detonate shrooms when fully watered. I'd rather it be something depending on the situation where decisionmaking comes into play.
    Currently you already need to know when the AoE is going to happen in order to plan yourself in Solar eclipse. Astral Storm is just not worth it currently so your decisions already matter.

What the energy gain from Hurricane/AS actually does is make it even less interesting. You're forced to swap Eclipses even when AoEing and you can easily switch from Lunar to Solar with AoE if you notice yourself in the wrong Eclipse.

They are really hurting themselves by being so vague as to how this will work, because right now it sounds awful. Having your entire AoE kit stuck in one location will never be good in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    The thing that pisses me off about this "decision making" mindset is that no other class requires AOE setup like we do.

Even currently, on live. If I want to do "okay" Hurricane damage in an instance right now, I should (ideally) be in Solar Eclipse, and eating up my Nature's Grace with channeling. Which in-turn punishes our single target DPS because we lost our haste buff and have to slowly push to the opposite Eclipse. Hurricane does piss-poor damage if it's not under Nature's Grace.

In WoD, we're facing this obscure method of "watering" our three Mushrooms and potentially "saving" them for later? Really? I truly am for interesting gameplay, and I like it when the devs add little quirks to classes. This isn't a quirk, this is bringing back Cataclysm Mushrooms on steroids.

We are the only class in the game that requires so much setup to do AOE. We will also, just as in Cataclysm, be the only class that requires the tanks to accommodate that setup... because from the sounds of it, Mushrooms will be a huge portion of our damage. Every other class can just go into "AOE mode" and do amazing damage.