Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Inc was "casting" with FON talent selected.

- - - Updated - - -

and yes, we should probably have a WOD SimCraft thread...
    You wanna make it, or me?

Yeah, you'll have to put a # in front of incarnation when using FoN talent. I had to disable the check we were doing for the talent to make it work temporarily, forgot to mention that. I just noticed FoN got the same treatment (Each spec has a specific talent), so that may not be working properly either.

you can make it. you're the programmer for the module
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    awesome. might be good to transfer the posts into the new topic in order things don't get lost and to clean up this topic. I don't understanmd much of what's been written for the simcrafts, but I'm sure it's great work!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, Stellar Flare has, at baseline level 100, a 1.42*1.42 = 2.0164 multiplier in CA. Even with just the 7.5% from the mastery buff, that increases to 2.235.

Just imagine what it would do on Primordius with a 5 stack...
    LOLyou are a sinister soul! i like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Criminalle View Post
    LOLyou are a sinister soul! i like it!!
    I was talking more from a "holy crap" PoV. It's fairly easy to get the multiplier well over 500% on Primordius.

I'll see if I can get the cat module into a workable state without spending much time, it shouldn't be nearly as hard as boomkin. Might even driveby bears if I'm feeling frisky. I'll post a thread when I give up/finish cat.

*edit* oh god combo point system rewrite, maybe I'll just fix bear.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-06-09 at 03:25 PM.

Combo System rewrite shouldn't be bad. It's just the points are stored on the player, instead of the target.

Deleted
    @Celestalon Can't post on us forum. What's the shooting stars chance for multiple moonfires? Still: base_chance * sqrt(x)/x ?
    @darlisza No, Shooting Stars is only the most recent Moonfire and Sunfire now.
    @Celestalon Still 2.5% chance to proc? Seems farily low compared to 30% chance on crit live version.
    @darlisza No, 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    @Celestalon Can't post on us forum. What's the shooting stars chance for multiple moonfires? Still: base_chance * sqrt(x)/x ?
    @darlisza No, Shooting Stars is only the most recent Moonfire and Sunfire now.
    @Celestalon Still 2.5% chance to proc? Seems farily low compared to 30% chance on crit live version.
    @darlisza No, 5%.
    Probably increased because that was absurdly low and crit would be too low value (now 10% chance for crits). Good news, hopefully it's enough to keep the stats balanced.

Celestalon Forum post: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ions-feedback/

Slight tweak to that (Eclipse Energy), BTW. We changed that '110' to '105'.

EDIT: Oh, and we raised the duration of the Lunar and Solar Empowerments from Starsurge to 30sec.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Yeah, we're working on a change to make it snapshot Balance Energy, and then dynamically turn that into Eclipse per tick(source)
    Fairly important for theorycrafting, i'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Yeah, we're working on a change to make it snapshot Balance Energy, and then dynamically turn that into Eclipse per tick(source)

Fairly important for theorycrafting, i'd say.
    Yeah but he also said: However, we don't think that that has a particularly large impact in the general case. It very well may with Balance of Power, however. Let me know if you have any calculations on how much that will matter.

I wouldn't go about changing formulas just yet.

Nvm, he corrected it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13087818929#13

Sounds like we'll most likely do what I said we were considering with snapshotting just the Balance Energy level on Moonfire/Sunfire. Had hoped not to, due to it complicating the situation (it's hard enough being clear about what few things snapshot, and what doesn't; this means we need to make Eclipse *partially* snapshot, which is weird), but it's looking like that's the right way to go.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2014-06-10 at 04:02 PM.

So it's looking like BoP or Stellar Flare will be our go to talents for LvL 100?

No, Stellar Flare all the way. (It's really not even close at this time.)
    Euphoria needs something like a boost to direct damage. Can be achieved through buffs to Starfire and Wrath, or by shifting the sine-wave range from 105 to 115, or something like that (you sit in max-eclipse longer).

Balance of Power needs better flexibility, possibly making SS always deal maximum damage.

Or you nerf Stellar Flare.
    Last edited by Cyous; 2014-06-10 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    Blizzards philosophy is that active talents should be slightly better than the passives in same tier, so even after its tuned the right way I think Stellar flare will be the best for both multidot and single target. There might be some fights where there will be an exception though...

Frankly, i think it's still way to early for that discussion. Right now its all about mechanics, balancing is a non-concern until those are pinned down.

Therefore, the question shouldn't be how they are balanced, but if they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluup View Post
    Blizzards philosophy is that active talents should be slightly better than the passives in same tier, so even after its tuned the right way I think Stellar flare will be the best for both multidot and single target. There might be some fights where there will be an exception though...
    To be fair:
    - Balance of Power :: 9170
    - Euphoria :: 9080
    - Stellar Flare :: 9550 (up: 4%; up 5%)

And yes, they're all playing correctly for single-target. When I'm finished building the Multi-Target model, it'll show Stellar Flare being extremely powerful. (Maintaining 2-3 flares isn't hard due to the clipping ~ 4.8sec left and its 0 loss.) I'd just like to give BOP the niche for single-target, Euhphoria the mass-clump AOE niche, and Stellar Flare being strong under common conditions (meaning, it's still the best talent overall, but doesn't fill the "best spell" for pure ST and Clump AOE -- meaning it 'should' be the best Multi-Target [2-3] by a fair bit). Euphoria is certainly strong for the 100% uptime on max-bonus Sunfires. Balance of Power lacks flexibility within the core mechanic. Stellar Flare is flexible to the point where it makes BOP and Euphoria look weak, even in those talents' "best role."

Disregarding that this is still alpha and anything can change I think Stellar Flare being the best talent is fine. There have been lots of talents through MoP which have been clear cut winners for the most part (Glaive Toss, Boomkin Incarnation, Feral DoC, etc,) especially considering the other 2 talents in the tier are passive. The entire WoD Boomkin rotation seems completely stale without Stellar Flare (similar to the MoP Feral rotation without DoC) so I personally wouldn't mind it being used most of the time.

Maybe it should just be dropped as a talent and made baseline.

They still have lots of room for balancing. Euphoria could have Starsurge provide 6s of 20% Haste (temporarily speeding non-snapshotting DoTs). BoP could also make the next tick do extra damage when the DoT is extended (Wrath gives 50% to next Sunfire tick, Starfire gives 75% to next MF tick).

Both of those talents are intrinsically weak in multi-target, because they require you to cast nukes to get any benefit. As a rule, we don't cast many nukes in multi-target situations, particularly if Starfall is stronger than Starsurge at 2+ or 3+ targets.

Alternatively they could just make Stellar Flare weaker. It should certainly have its direct damage have lower DPET than Wrath's (I'm looking at coefficients in WoWDB). I do believe that having individual Flare ticks (every 3s) at the same strength as the other DoTs (every 2s) is reasonable.

No, Stellar Flare all the way. (It's really not even close at this time.)
    Euphoria needs something like a boost to direct damage. Can be achieved through buffs to Starfire and Wrath, or by shifting the sine-wave range from 105 to 115, or something like that (you sit in max-eclipse longer).

Balance of Power needs better flexibility, possibly making SS always deal maximum damage.

Or you nerf Stellar Flare.
    So does this basically mean we cast a stellar flare just as we reach the end of an eclipse?
    Or during CA do spam it? or cast it like a DoT and refresh it right before CA ends?