Quote Originally Posted by Retriavenger View Post
    Dream of cenarius talent should make HT instant, but it takes a while after reaching maximum eclipse. Also I realized, that I can spam astral communion for fast eclipses and thus spam instant HT.
    Why not just cast HT in that case? You obviously have the time to channel AC for longer than a HT cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why not just cast HT in that case? You obviously have the time to channel AC for longer than a HT cast.
    Because even if communion gets interrupted, it still speeds up eclipse rotation. Interrupted HT doesnt help at all. Besides, ACing eclipse max takes less time than HT cast.

I am trying to build as tanky boomkin as possible because I think boomkins are best at being resilient rather than nuking.

Glyphs:
    - Bear form armor glyph
    - Barkskin glyph

Talents:
    - Ysera's gift
    - Dream of cenarius

Stacking versatility, 16% more healing
    Last edited by mmoc2953fddf04; 2014-07-17 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Currently (in WoD) yeah, CA pauses and does not reset eclipse to 0.

Stellar Flare is at its strongest when the Eclipses are balanced. Either 0 Energy - 15%Solar-15%Lunar or CA - 100%Solar-100%Lunar, makes no difference.
    It isnt that it pauses eclipse. The tooltip says that you get max power from both eclipses + 15% damage when you use it.

I have used CA on exactly 0 energy and used steller flare and it would hit a lot less than without.

Yeah, Stellar Flare interacts oddly with CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retriavenger View Post
    Because even if communion gets interrupted, it still speeds up eclipse rotation. Interrupted HT doesnt help at all. Besides, ACing eclipse max takes less time than HT cast.
    No it doesn't. Especially once you get haste. Even with Euphoria, AC to the next eclipse takes 2.5 seconds, the same as unhasted HT. Without, it takes twice as long.

Hello guys,

I have been lurking around here for quite sometime, just never posted, however I have been actively tweeting back and forwarth with Celestalon about Boomkins in general, I have just tweeted this to him now, so I guess we should be seeing some good changes soon. Although I really hoped that they would consider my idea of having 2 Eclipse power bars, one for each State, that regenerate using the two main spell and there would be 2 options on how to use the power, either by pressing a button that allows you to utilize the power to increase the %dmg of the respective spells, or have 1 more unique spell for Lunar/Solar to utilize the power, one being for AoE another being for Single target, something along those lines. However Celestalon has made the design team approach very clear that they really do not want the rotation to be complicated or have a high skill cap, which has become the general philosophy for WoW in recent years.

Empowered Moonkin (Name Changed from Enhanced Owlkin Frenzy to Empowered Moonkin.)Single-target attacks against you in Moonkin Form have a 15% chance make your next damage or healing spell instant cast. Requires Moonkin Form.
    I was hoping they would scrap this altogether since the idea of trying to aggro weak mobs to trigger Empowered Moonkin makes me cringe (a single bat on Tortos or one of the Swarmers on Spoils) - though they would have to do something to compensate in PvP

Would have preferred some sort of ICD on it to stop RNG insta-globaling from a couple of lucky procs.

Holy moly, that new Moonkin PvP 4P Set Bonus is delicious, dayum! 2P is also one of the better ones!

I can imagine Boomkins really filling their name in PvP. Looks like we're going to be doing some real big hits when given the chance to get them off. Almost like we're an Arcane Mage which has more mobility and utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I can imagine Boomkins really filling their name in PvP. Looks like we're going to be doing some real big hits when given the chance to get them off. Almost like we're an Arcane Mage which has more mobility and utility.
    Sounds good to me, since, if I come back for WoD, I won't have the time to raid anymore (well, 5 nights a week that is...). : / And I always liked Boomkins in PvP and I keep saying that "Moonkins will be top tier in arena come next addon!" since TBC, but well, it's certainly getting better!

I hope there will be a new 500k HK AV or something, I will be grinding BGs a lot in WoD :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Holy moly, that new Moonkin PvP 4P Set Bonus is delicious, dayum! 2P is also one of the better ones!
    Lmao those are crazy Strong, so u root with treants, starsurge, root again starsurge, then you root again and starsurge and u still have 3 charges, LOL WUT? Then you cast Cyclone that cannot be silenced or interrupted lol this should be fun to test

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminalle View Post
    Lmao those are crazy Strong, so u root with treants, starsurge, root again starsurge, then you root again and starsurge and u still have 3 charges, LOL WUT? Then you cast Cyclone that cannot be silenced or interrupted lol this should be fun to test
    It might be OP, but in first view, almost every class got amazing PvP set bonuses, especially druid (boomkin and resto), warlock and shaman.

Boomkin looking so good I'm almost drooling xD

I'd be surprised if treant roots count as "your roots" for PvP 2-piece. If they do, something else will have to change.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot View Post
    It isnt that it pauses eclipse. The tooltip says that you get max power from both eclipses + 15% damage when you use it.

I have used CA on exactly 0 energy and used steller flare and it would hit a lot less than without.
    Yeah, Stellar Flare interacts oddly with CA.

This is because CA is still bugged (also in this new build). CA gives a 0% eclipse modifier instead of 100%. If everyone could please report on that bug instead of keep making assumptions about how CA works based on a bugged version, that would be nice.

So what CA does:
    CA stops eclipse.
    CA increases damage done by 20%.
    CA causes moonfire to also spread sunfire and the other way around.
    CA gives a 0% modifier to both eclipses.

What CA should do:
    CA stops eclipse.
    CA increases damage done by 20%.
    CA causes moonfire to also spread sunfire and the other way around.
    CA gives a 100% modifier to both eclipses.

I'm not 100% sure on if it does the 20% damage increase, but from some testing it does appear to do so.
    Last edited by Miraclous; 2014-07-18 at 11:30 AM.

Deleted
    Pvp set bonus for root break doesnt work.

It might not even be implemented yet. Give it some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    This is because CA is still bugged (also in this new build). CA gives a 0% eclipse modifier instead of 100%. If everyone could please report on that bug instead of keep making assumptions about how CA works based on a bugged version, that would be nice.
    If everybody(cough) stopped assuming we make assumptions on how CA is supposed to work based on some wonky behaviour it has currently, that would also be nice.

Neither of the statements you quoted are incorrect. Stellar Flare does less damage with CA and interacts in unexpected ways with it(based on the tooltip description).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If everybody(cough) stopped assuming we make assumptions on how CA is supposed to work based on some wonky behaviour it has currently, that would also be nice.

Neither of the statements you quoted are incorrect. Stellar Flare does less damage with CA and interacts in unexpected ways with it(based on the tooltip description).
    Indeed they aren't incorrect, but they're based of observations made on a bugged spell. This makes them misleading to the less up to speed readers of this topic and could cause them to draw the wrong conclusions on how the spell will work later on live.

Deleted
    Tooltip pretty much says how spell is supposed to work.

Btw when running the upscaled dungeons in Beta, you can use Tarecgosa's Wrath if you have it. Everything upscales to 100 from what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Btw when running the upscaled dungeons in Beta, you can use Tarecgosa's Wrath if you have it. Everything upscales to 100 from what I hear.
    ...ouch. To bad EU copies still aren't working.