DWTR reminded me that we don't have a special multistrike effect. I know not all specs are meant to have one, but it would be great to have something to spice up our gameplay. Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe move the instant casts procs to MS and remove them from the "single target attack" of the moonkin form perk, that has to much potential for abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    DWTR reminded me that we don't have a special multistrike effect. I know not all specs are meant to have one, but it would be great to have something to spice up our gameplay. Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe move the instant casts procs to MS and remove them from the "single target attack" of the moonkin form perk, that has to much potential for abuse.
    typical pve player speaking lol

Edit: infracted -- please be courteous when posting.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2014-07-20 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit. Moonkin is looking too good in pvp. They tend to overshoot the nerfs when we're even slightly overpowered.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Damnit. Moonkin is looking too good in pvp. They tend to overshoot the nerfs when we're even slightly overpowered.
    In duels, many classes are indeed pretty easy to defeat, but skilled rogues still remain unbeatable.

Following classes produce stalemate: warlock, paladin, druid

Not like it matters. Blizzard doesn't even try to balance 1vs1.

Quote Originally Posted by exdlost View Post
    typical pve player speaking lol
    MS is a secondary stat which means it will be found everywhere, including PvP gear. Plus the PvP set bonus allows to freely cast the empowered Starfires/Wraths.

Would you prefer getting instant casts while running away or getting hit? Forgive me for my pve-ignorance but my people thought the point of PvP was to not get hit...

It also makes it an offensive mechanism instead of a defensive one. Can counter the long casts when you need to focus someone asap.

Deleted
    I'm confused: WoD DR table posted today by Blizzard makes no mention of Solar Beam....did they remove it? The official patch notes keep saying:

"Solar Beam no longer Silences a target again more than once per cast. Additionally, the Silence effect from this spell now shares Diminishing Returns with other Silences."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    I'm confused: WoD DR table posted today by Blizzard makes no mention of Solar Beam....did they remove it? The official patch notes keep saying:

"Solar Beam no longer Silences a target again more than once per cast. Additionally, the Silence effect from this spell now shares Diminishing Returns with other Silences."
    Just means if they run out of it, and back in they wont be silenced a second time.

Been playing more beta (all streamed http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee). Currently 94. Obviously both on the 90+ and the 100 premade server you're scaled to 100 for dungeons, giving you all the 'perks' and the lv 100 talents (now you can choose a lv 100 talent from 90+ tho).

So I did another dungeon, and instead swapped from flare to balance of power. This worked so much nicer, you can dot each mob, and then cast once on each mov every 4-6 seconds to full replenish it. This was great for aoe and big pulls. Due to how often I was dotting with very little hardcasting time (remember even without hardcasting your eclipse swings so you'll be trying to double dot) I didn't feel it was really worth casting starsurge for inc hardcast damage as I wasn't always getting them off during the following eclipse [ie casting starsurge in lunar as you're about to leave is useless as it wont but wrath you'll need to recast it past mid way] so I was using my charges for starfall instead, and I felt very strong.

But for the past two days I've been trying questing with stellar flare. It fits questing so much better! With the eclipse bar resetting on almost every mob, being able to pull with a neutral stellar flare, then cast starsurge for empowered lunar, 1 starfire then moonfire feels like a perfect open, you then get to starfire again and flare, sunfire and starsurge before spamming wraths. Even in 512 ilv gear things were dying way before I got that whole rotation off, and honestly on live with 587 ilv I wouldn't besuprised if flare + moonfire was enough to two shot things.

Flare feels like a really nice single target rotation, likewise balance of power makes keeping both dots up on multiple targets easy and fun. Not really played with Euphoria yet
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Just means if they run out of it, and back in they wont be silenced a second time.
    I'm talking about solar beam being removed: in official patch notes that's the information that shows up, indicating it still exists. In the WoD Crowd Control List the ability doesn't even show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about solar beam being removed: in official patch notes that's the information that shows up, indicating it still exists. In the WoD Crowd Control List the ability doesn't even show up.
    But it is still in game in both live and beta.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, so ursol's vortex just lost a ton of utility in PvP. Wish they'd make bash un-parryable already..

Edit: wait a tick, aren't they removing expertise? Shouldnt bash be much more useful now for boomies in PvP?
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

I'm confused: WoD DR table posted today by Blizzard makes no mention of Solar Beam....did they remove it?
    Might just be an oversight.

Deleted
    Hm, so ursol's vortex just lost a ton of utility in PvP. Wish they'd make bash un-parryable already..

Edit: wait a tick, aren't they removing expertise? Shouldnt bash be much more useful now for boomies in PvP?
    Bash is parried many times in wod beta

Moonkin was never bad on paper, guess we'll have to see :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just FYI: There's nothing more fun than spamming Sunfire and Starfall in Ashran. Numbers everywhere!

Yes, the DR on shooting stars procs was really needed to make one of the worst specs for scaled down content even worse. While hunters and frost mages are getting blanket % buffs to make them stronger than they already are in scaled content and raiding ...

Super Salty

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    MS is a secondary stat which means it will be found everywhere, including PvP gear. Plus the PvP set bonus allows to freely cast the empowered Starfires/Wraths.

Would you prefer getting instant casts while running away or getting hit? Forgive me for my pve-ignorance but my people thought the point of PvP was to not get hit...

It also makes it an offensive mechanism instead of a defensive one. Can counter the long casts when you need to focus someone asap.
    But it's a defensive spell that allows you to instantly cast/heal when being trained, as Balance druids often are. IF u need to focus someone asap thts what SS management is for. Moving it to MS would be a pvp nerf plain and simple cause u get hit hit WAY more than you are allowed to stand and cast.

That said you do have a fair point that there is a possibility for content "abuse". i do not know if it possible for blizzard to make it only proc from player opossed to npc/we.

Deleted
    doing 26k dps on the mythic dummy, only 19-21k with other classes :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raika View Post
    doing 26k dps on the mythic dummy, only 19-21k with other classes :3
    How do you test that, without addons? Even without a CombatLog...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    How do you test that, without addons? Even without a CombatLog...
    Addons work on beta and you can collect logs