At the moment, if you want to kill a really big AoE pack (say >10 mobs?) while you have Guided Stars you are kind of limited in Lunar. But with Solstice, you have effective big AoE options for each side.

Guided Stars, no Solstice
    Lunar: Moonfire maybe 2 targets, Starfall, Moonfire the rest (lose out on a good bit of Starfall damage whiling doting everything up)
    Solar: Sunfire, Hurricane

Guided Stars, Solstice
    Lunar: Astral Storm
    Solar: Sunfire, Sunfall

So when you have Guided Stars and Solstice, Lunar becomes stronger. It might even the sides out a bit.

Does anyone else (in beta) start lagging really badly after being in combat for around 2 minutes? It doesn't go away until the eclipse bar "resets" to being paused on 0 after combat.

Deleted
    Why glyph of ursols defence was removed? Bear form armor buff is pretty much +0- without glyph. I was expecting pvp buff but was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Don't you mean "hurricane blows"?
    needs like button

Deleted
    Dream of cenarius is bugged, solar eclipse peak doesnt make sunfire to heal.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarm View Post
    At the moment, if you want to kill a really big AoE pack (say >10 mobs?) while you have Guided Stars you are kind of limited in Lunar. But with Solstice, you have effective big AoE options for each side.

Guided Stars, no Solstice
    Lunar: Moonfire maybe 2 targets, Starfall, Moonfire the rest (lose out on a good bit of Starfall damage whiling doting everything up)
    Solar: Sunfire, Hurricane

Guided Stars, Solstice
    Lunar: Astral Storm
    Solar: Sunfire, Sunfall

So when you have Guided Stars and Solstice, Lunar becomes stronger. It might even the sides out a bit.
    Starfall, Moonfire and Stellar Flare all are better spells to use in Lunar Aoe than Astral Storm is at this point. Moving starfall to sunfall probably makes lunar weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    Does anyone else (in beta) start lagging really badly after being in combat for around 2 minutes? It doesn't go away until the eclipse bar "resets" to being paused on 0 after combat.
    Haven't been in combat this build yet, however previously yes. Whenever your eclipse switches from solar to lunar at 0 energy I've been having screen freezes for ~.5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11268187508

Quote Originally Posted by Retriavenger View Post
    Dream of cenarius is bugged, solar eclipse peak doesnt make sunfire to heal.
    Can the heal crit/multistrike/benefit from Vers? For comparing DoC and NV I'm assuming that it can. For Nature's Vigil, does the Sunfire DoT still count as a single-target spell?

DoC averages 15%SP/sec before Crit/MS/Vers. No benefit from Haste or Mastery. Double that with a Euphoria build.
    NV is roughly 60% SP/sec in single-target PvE (after including some haste and mastery) but only, at most 1/3 of the time. You can time it for when it is useful. That number goes up if you can multi-dot.

With the new, dumber "smart heals", lots of small heals are better than occasional large heals. If I'm close to correct on those numbers, NV > DoC for most PvE content (including solo leveling).

DoC+Euphoria might be preferred for PvP, where chain-casting is unlikely, Stellar Flare can be kicked, and a faster cycle also gives you better DoT uptime.

Every dungeon i've done, i cant help but feel guided stars glyph is absolutely mandatory... on top of requiring several GCDs to multidot to properly starfall. pulling non-combat enemies is really stupid, i can't use starfall most of the time in dungeons. They should really make it hit non-combat mobs again, and make a glyph that allows it to hit combat mobs instead. Starfall got made to hit only enemies in combat during cata in the first place, why revert the change ?

Did most of the heroics today, had no problem using starfall. Made one miss-calculated pull with it (group wasnt as brave as i thought...) But yeah... pulling everything has its good and bad sides

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Every dungeon i've done, i cant help but feel guided stars glyph is absolutely mandatory... on top of requiring several GCDs to multidot to properly starfall. pulling non-combat enemies is really stupid, i can't use starfall most of the time in dungeons. They should really make it hit non-combat mobs again, and make a glyph that allows it to hit combat mobs instead. Starfall got made to hit only enemies in combat during cata in the first place, why revert the change ?
    or you could cuddle the wall some more.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Did most of the heroics today, had no problem using starfall. Made one miss-calculated pull with it (group wasnt as brave as i thought...) But yeah... pulling everything has its good and bad sides
    I don't see a single good side aside from some cheesy roles like tagging all mobs or the idea that pulling everything sounds cool

That Lunar\Solar peak buffs, are bad attempt to fix a broken eclipse system.

Finally our Starfall is as awesome as Tyrandes Starfall in WC3 and you complain, ts! I like it when 1kk stars rain around me! :P

Deleted
    Yeah, I don't really understand the point behind Lunar and Solar Peak either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Finally our Starfall is as awesome as Tyrandes Starfall in WC3 and you complain, ts! I like it when 1kk stars rain around me! :P
    Oh starfall is awesome i completly agree, i just think it should hit things you are in combat with. It was a major starfall complaint back in the day which is why they made starfall hit combat-only mobs.

The only people who complained about this is a very small minority who liked pulling entire areas or stealing tags.

Honestly, from all the dungeons ive made, glyph of stars is mandatory for challenge modes.

Deleted
    I agree with Dreyen, having a glyph that makes it hit targets you're in combat with would be the most handy.

I was joking guys, of course I don't want Starfall to add all the mobs between Lima to Bangladesh. I just wanted to express that I like that Starfall has no limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Oh starfall is awesome i completly agree, i just think it should hit things you are in combat with. It was a major starfall complaint back in the day which is why they made starfall hit combat-only mobs.

The only people who complained about this is a very small minority who liked pulling entire areas or stealing tags.

Honestly, from all the dungeons ive made, glyph of stars is mandatory for challenge modes.
    Can honestly say of the dungeons I've done, I've not unintentionally pulled a single pack yet. Admit idly I've not done all the dungeons, but choosing to use or not use this glyph alone is going to be one of the biggest dps inc/loss between the average and good boomkins out there. With the way they've stripped us of ALL complexity, a mechanic as simple as positioning and raid awareness is all we have left to separate us from the people who are playing balance for the first time.

Leave starfall how it is, if you cant position yourself to not pull the whole instance without a glyph, you don't deserve to summon the stars to fall from the heavens to vanquish your foes!
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Leave starfall how it is, if you cant position yourself to not pull the whole instance without a glyph, you don't deserve to summon the stars to fall from the heavens to vanquish your foes!
    Except if you can't use starfall, your aoe suffers from it and you drift away from the other dps classes who has no such burden. There are quite a few enemy groups that are close to others that are easily in starfall range. You can always tell your tank to pull the mobs further away, but that won't exactly work well in CMs.

This change has no advantage, just get rid of it.