Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Soo.. whats +USP?
    Unlucky streak protection. Just answered that last page or so

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    Unlucky streak protection. Just answered that last page or so
    Guess I missed it, thought i read the whole thing so far :O

*actually 2 pages back sorry next to juv's first posts about the enchants. I'm preferring haste atm because it's way more fun than any other stats not sure if mastery will end up better on live because the attunement thing (i dont really understand the point of attunements anyway).

i thought blizzard said attunements are a way to show what stat is bis. They also said it might not always be true however... I figured it was because some classes might reach breakpoints and such. Perhaps if haste is bis they might want to reduce how much rating is required to give 1% mastery? Who knows.

Haste is definitely a pro stats because fuck 3sec cast starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    i thought blizzard said attunements are a way to show what stat is bis. They also said it might not always be true however... I figured it was because some classes might reach breakpoints and such. Perhaps if haste is bis they might want to reduce how much rating is required to give 1% mastery? Who knows.

Haste is definitely a pro stats because fuck 3sec cast starfire.
    2.7 base in this build but still feels gr8 with mark of warsong enchant

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Update:

Mark of Bleeding Hollow

Grants 500 Mastery for 12sec.
    2.3 RPPM +USP.
    Still missing
    Mark of the Shattered Hand
    Deals 1500 Bleed damage, plus an additional 750 Bleed damage every 1 sec for 6 sec.
    3.5*Haste RPPM +USP

Unlikely to be worth it at higher gear levels, but might still be relevant in 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Still missing
    Mark of the Shattered Hand
    Deals 1500 Bleed damage, plus an additional 750 Bleed damage every 1 sec for 6 sec.
    3.5*Haste RPPM +USP

Unlikely to be worth it at higher gear levels, but might still be relevant in 6.0.
    I didn't think it would be necessary. Sure it has high RPPM but it doesn't scale with anything for us.

And the haste one really looks yummy :P

It scales with haste, at least.

As i said, it probably won't be worthwile later on, but we shouldn't ignore it right now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say I am quite happy about how yesterday's Twin Ogron testing turned out, in respect to how moonkin plays. When you are dodging fire, rocks and charges, stacking around the boss and then following it because it goes out of range if you don't, or when you get interrupted every minute, it gets a lot harder to do optimal dps Whereas on on 2 spread target dummies I manage 38-39k dps, on that bossfight I ended just below 30k after a 13min fight (followed by being teleported out with bosses at ~4%). Sure, our tactic was pretty bad for if you wanted to optimize dps, but I am glad that I had trouble playing well with the tactics we came up with. On Gruul I had no trouble nearing my dummy dps (granted on dummies I don't have lust), but with lots of movement, interrupts and an additional target it does get a lot more complex.

so haste>mastery>crit/multistrike is the way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by omri1212000 View Post
    Spamming stellar flare during CA is better than ss/starfire?
    I was under the assumption that it might be if CA was actually working. Course go figure that I can't test that out. Though I guess my reasoning was if I CA off the bat, with my eclipse bar frozen in the middle, and the benefit of both Eclipses, I get much more out of Stellar Flare than I would out of 1SS 2 Starfire, 1 SS 2 Starfires. But, then again, who knows until I test it out . Thanks for presenting another option. I'm also looking into using NV as my level 90 talent.

What was your opener when you raid tested Omri?

Btw do you think the 10% HP glyph will be semi-permanent for moonkins? Given that most ranged or aoe boss abilities are magic and unmitigated by armor.

But what about leveling? How does the armor compare to the extra HP ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Btw do you think the 10% HP glyph will be semi-permanent for moonkins? Given that most ranged or aoe boss abilities are magic and unmitigated by armor.

But what about leveling? How does the armor compare to the extra HP ?
    I don't think max hp is as important in this expansions as it was previously. We already have way more hp comparatively as we had in MoP, and heals heal less of your max hp as a result. If there are fights with 100% magic damage then I suppose 10% more hp is fine, however so far on all of the bosses we tested over 50% of the damage I took on each last pull was physical damage. edit: This makes sense this most orcs fight with their strength except for the few locks we'll encounter.

I'm definitely using that 10% hp glyph personally, its pretty rare that armor has any effect on the damage you take.

For leveling, pretty sure the armor trumps it though. Although with your gear.. survival wont be a problem. As much as i bitch about starfall, i can use it in really dense zones and most things die before they reach me because the first two zones are tuned for 520 ilevel, havent reached a zone that exceeds my 588 ilevel yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    I was under the assumption that it might be if CA was actually working. Course go figure that I can't test that out. Though I guess my reasoning was if I CA off the bat, with my eclipse bar frozen in the middle, and the benefit of both Eclipses, I get much more out of Stellar Flare than I would out of 1SS 2 Starfire, 1 SS 2 Starfires. But, then again, who knows until I test it out . Thanks for presenting another option. I'm also looking into using NV as my level 90 talent.

I didn't go with Inca, so it wasn't Bursti. (SotF) Yet, I was constantly 2nd on dmg done with Haste enchants & flask.
    Basically pre pot > Stellar Flare > moonfire > Starfire > SS > 2x Starfire > *Lunar Peak: Moonfire > SS > 2x Starfire > refreshing Stellar Flare (leaving Lunar eclipse)
    I didn't use CA at all, So I didn't get 20% dmg increase during opener.

with inca\CA it would be pretty much the same. just pop them first. (unless Stellar Flare > ss\2x starfire)

About Twin Ogron yday. It was a challenge to keep all 3 dots on both of them. Esp when u need to move them away\charge\dodging fire.
    Not sure if Balance of Power would be a better option, with "mastery build".
    Last edited by omri1212000; 2014-07-29 at 05:05 PM.

Hey i have a question for all

Is Incarntion a better spell for live eclipse or Beta?
    I understand that live eclipse has a downtime( period in which you yu get 0 benifit from eclipse while you move between) during Incarnation, even if you CA.
    I also understand that live eclipse gives you max bonus of eclipse when activated unlike beta, plus live dots would be snapshoted and always benefit from same max eclipse. But i was just curious to what any of you theorycrafters or anyone for that matter, think about the strength of INC in beta compared to live.
    I personally felt i would be stronger cause of 0 eclipse downtime and cause of stellar flare's scaling with eclipse but figured id ask the community.

Oh, and for this comparison use the hypothetical situation that beta CA worked and INC was used with it and the player also used Stellar Flare as i will be as it stands.
    Thoughts?

Beta Incarnation is just a flat 15% bonus for 30 seconds. Any live/beta comparison is pointless, as our spec simply changes to much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post

It will depend on tuning, but if the relative initial damage of Stellar Flare and Starfire stays the same, Flare will be much stronger with any reasonable amount of Mastery. Especially since Blizzard intends to tune Mastery as our strongest secondary.

you can still compare how valuable a talent is in a new expansion. Your not comparing it necessarily to the previous expansion as much as you are just evaluating it's new value in in the new expansion to the relative value in the previous. Nt pointless seing as how inc was the go-to talent for the majority of MOP. It is a fair question to ask..."is it the go to so far in WOD beta"

It will depend on tuning, but if the relative initial damage of Stellar Flare and Starfire stays the same, Flare will be much stronger with any reasonable amount of Mastery. Especially since Blizzard intends to tune Mastery as our strongest secondary.
    How are you defining "reasonable amount"? By my calculations, StF needs something over 71% Mastery for its direct damage to beat the DPS of an empowered Starfire in CA.

Stellar Flare Coef: 94.5%, gets to double-dips Mastery (*1.71) and has a 1.5s cast, giving 107.7% SP/s, before counting bonuses that also apply to SF.
    SF coef: 186.75%: 20% bonus from perk, 30% bonus from empowerment. Currently a 2.7s cast, comes in at 107.9% SP/s.
    At that point the SS you used to empower SF comes in at 280%/1.5s = 186.7% SP/s. You've also got three charges at the start of the fight. No reason not to use one early in CA.

If haste is a better stat than Mastery, and you manage to have 71% Mastery, you may also be nearing the point where flare is below the 1s gcd cap, and that would also favor SF.
    Last edited by Erdluf; 2014-07-29 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erdluf View Post
    How are you defining "reasonable amount"? By my calculations, StF needs something over 71% Mastery for its direct damage to beat the DPS of an empowered Starfire in CA.

Stellar Flare Coef: 94.5%, gets to double-dips Mastery (*1.71) and has a 1.5s cast, giving 107.7% SP/s, before counting bonuses that also apply to SF.
    SF coef: 186.75%: 20% bonus from perk, 30% bonus from empowerment. Currently a 2.7s cast, comes in at 107.9% SP/s.
    At that point the SS you used to empower SF comes in at 280%/1.5s = 186.7% SP/s. You've also got three charges at the start of the fight. No reason not to use one early in CA.

If haste is a better stat than Mastery, and you manage to have 71% Mastery, you may also be nearing the point where flare is below the 1s gcd cap, and that would also favor SF.
    When I was testing this one the dummy I always got one StF tick as I reapplied for another initial damage, are you factoring this in? Ofc if you have >1 target StF will guarantee a second tick atleast, and exponentially more on 3 and 4 targets upto a max of 5 iirc.

I.e target 1 is ticking as you cast on target 2, targets 1 and 2 are ticking while casting on target 3 etc. Making StF pull ahead of ST at lower mastery levels against multiple targets.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee