Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    So that's what was driving me crazy? I've only played the moonkin since the last beta build so I thought it was just a buggy build overall. I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why my screen kept freezing before giving up and just casting through it.
    Yea that's been there a bit now. I think this build and maybe 1 previous or just this build not sure. What's more funny is that our t100 talent Euphoria has never worked at all for the entirety of the beta. It does absolutely nothing.
    Idk if this would give you inaccurate wrath results or not. That could be yet another bug.

5788 sp
    18.77 crit
    18.71 haste
    50.91 mastery
    7.83 multistrike
    3.00 versatility

sotf: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...5987&by=target
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...9071&by=target
    incarn: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...2619&by=target
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...3877&by=target

5788 sp
    18.77 crit
    14.73 haste
    57.70 mastery
    7.83 multistrike
    3.00 versatility

sotf: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...3878&by=target
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...auras&source=5
    incarn: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ce=5&by=target
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...3149&by=target

Combat not fading on dummies made this take way longer than it should have. Full on mastery stacking does seem slightly more effective overall but nothing here is really conclusive due to short pulls. However I'm confident on single target fights SotF will pull ahead of Incarn the longer the fight goes. But even having only a couple long living adds spawning every couple of minutes (Imperator) should make Incarn superior.

CA Flare spam for the lulz: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=2.2&by=target

Deleted
    14,48% crit
    11,31% haste
    66,29% mastery
    11,11% multistrike
    4,63% versatility
    (night elf at night, fully buffed)

Quote Originally Posted by Curarin View Post
    I feel like boomkins skillcap is all about knowing when you can use Starsurge and when you need to save the charges for Starfall and hitting Stellar Flare at the right time. Aka encounter knowledge > all.

Not quite sure what you are referring to - boomkin has never been an complex spec where you could "do a lot to maximize dps". Especially not in MoP, braindead spec, hammering Starsurge as soon as it pops.
    You're confusing gear with how the spec was designed in MoP. There was a bit of micro-managing you had to do to properly dot in T14 and T15, that was how the spec was designed. Due to gearing, it strayed away from that in T16.

I'm not saying the spec was seriously complicated, but it was more complicated than most other dps specs. Eventually it all becomes muscle memory, but it felt more rewarding than other specs.

Going into WoD, it seems to be continuing the T16 near mindlessness.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2014-08-11 at 10:48 PM.

Maybe on single target, but management of charges and properly dotting to maintain 100% uptime on multi-target will be the skill-defining trait of the spec.

Deleted
    but even that is not that difficult though Oo, you just put moonfire on every target you deem relevant during any point in lunar eclipse, and refresh sunfire towards the end of each solar eclipse. there is no snapshotting that majorly influences your damage, as long as your dots are up, you are fine.

also on multitarget you pretty much just want to have 100% uptime on starfall, which can happen with procs, and just use the occasional starsurge which you randomly consume at some point.

Right now all my hope is that they cannot fix the lagg issues with automatic eclipse cycling and revert to the old system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapezilla View Post
    Maybe on single target, but management of charges and properly dotting to maintain 100% uptime on multi-target will be the skill-defining trait of the spec.
    Properly dotting? They've severely lowered the penalty for dotting at non-ideal points now. The only thing you miss out on, is buffing the initial damage. Even then, with a sine wave (really a sine wave with a large crest factor) , you have a rather giant window for that.
    Charges seem to be the only thing left.

How is our utility with the NV buff? We were looking pretty bad prior to that.

I don't really understand the point in the auto-cycling eclipse bar honestly. Initially it made sense, when nature's swiftness still existed. Our problem with movement fights and aoe (hurricane), was that we weren't cycling our bar, and were suffering from low nature's grace uptime. The issue wasn't really the bar itself being static, it was the nature's swiftness uptime. No nature's grace, no real reason for an auto-cycling bar.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2014-08-12 at 05:48 AM.

datamining tooltip:
    Euphoria: You feel a deeper connection to the stars, reducing your Balance Energy cycle time by %50%. Additionally, your Lunar and Solar Empowerments also reduce the cast time of the affected spells by 20%.

HOPE IT WORKS THIS TIME
    Last edited by timmytompadderham; 2014-08-12 at 12:29 AM.

Gief nao!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    Properly dotting? They've severely lowered the penalty for dotting at non-ideal points now. The only thing you miss out on, is buffing the initial damage. Even then, with a sine wave (really a sine wave with a large crest factor) , you have a rather giant window for that.
    Charges seem to be the only thing left.

How is our utility with the NV buff? We were looking pretty bad prior to that.

I don't really understand the point in the auto-cycling eclipse bar honestly. Initially it made sense, when nature's swiftness still existed. Our problem with movement fights and aoe (hurricane), was that we weren't cycling our bar, and were suffering from low nature's swiftness uptime. The issue wasn't really the bar itself being static, it was the nature's swiftness uptime. No nature's swiftness, no real reason for an auto-cycling bar.
    Just to clarify, I believe you mean Nature's Grace, not Nature's Swiftness(that's the "make next spell instant cast")

Anyway, multidotting might not be as punishing as it is atm, you're right that a bit of the min/max game play is gone with snapshotting, but the more common (and far more important) problem is that a lot of players struggle to keep a 100% dot uptime on multiple targets at the same time without refreshing it way too early. This has been made a lot easier in some ways (30% pandemic), but harder since you can't cast one of your dots half the time.

I still think we will see a huge gap between the best boomkins and the mediocre, maybe not as big as now, but definitely noticeable. The gap between the best and the decent boomkins might be smaller (which sucks, I must agree).

Guess we can just agree to disagree. Compared to how we're playing now I think new boomkin is definitely a step in the right direction.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good news everyone, just tested 5 mins on a dummy and 0 lagspikes! edit: on a subsequent test I had some minor spikes on a couple of transitions until i used CA and nothing after that. So I'm not sure if it's completely fixed but the main problem definitely seems to be.
    Stellar Flare now also consumes CA stacks. Starfall still does not.
    Last edited by Miraclous; 2014-08-12 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    I still think we will see a huge gap between the best boomkins and the mediocre, maybe not as big as now, but definitely noticeable. The gap between the best and the decent boomkins might be smaller (which sucks, I must agree).
    The difference between a good and a bad moonkin will be handling the movement and fight mechanics. Dps otherwise is basically just following what addon is telling you (atleast singletarget wise its working wonderfully, will have to start on working multitarget shits and shizzles)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    Good news everyone, just tested 5 mins on a dummy and 0 lagspikes! edit: on a subsequent test I had some minor spikes on a couple of transitions until i used CA and nothing after that. So I'm not sure if it's completely fixed but the main problem definitely seems to be.
    Im still getting major lag spikes, getting worse the longer im in combat :/

Also still getting solar > lunar lag, qq

edit: left myself in combat with Shatt dummies, the lag becomes >5 seconds after ~10 minutes in combat. Using CA seems to "reset" the lag point to whatever spot on my Eclipse bar that I popped it. Meaning I will then get lag at that spot, wherever it may be, instead of the original solar > lunar spot.
    Last edited by Tenebrai; 2014-08-12 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Just to clarify, I believe you mean Nature's Grace, not Nature's Swiftness(that's the "make next spell instant cast")

Anyway, multidotting might not be as punishing as it is atm, you're right that a bit of the min/max game play is gone with snapshotting, but the more common (and far more important) problem is that a lot of players struggle to keep a 100% dot uptime on multiple targets at the same time without refreshing it way too early. This has been made a lot easier in some ways (30% pandemic), but harder since you can't cast one of your dots half the time.

You're right, I meant nature's grace. We have too many nature spells.

I'll edit my post so its not retarded

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    Stellar Flare now also consumes CA stacks. Starfall still does not.
    nope, problem still there I notice no difference

flasks does not seem to work anymore
    Last edited by mmocfb7f0e7901; 2014-08-12 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    datamining tooltip:
    Euphoria: You feel a deeper connection to the stars, reducing your Balance Energy cycle time by %50%. Additionally, your Lunar and Solar Empowerments also reduce the cast time of the affected spells by 20%.

HOPE IT WORKS THIS TIME
    Euphoria still broken. Just tooltip fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can pop starfall without getting into combat - you can actually mount up and use it to tag even more than before.

However this is a bit redundant cause realistically, in the scenario where you want to be mounted to tag that much, you'll instantly tag something, be put in combat and thus unable to mount - also if you can get glyph of travel early on, you'll never 'mount' anyway.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    If you can pop starfall without getting into combat - you can actually mount up and use it to tag even more than before.

However this is a bit redundant cause realistically, in the scenario where you want to be mounted to tag that much, you'll instantly tag something, be put in combat and thus unable to mount - also if you can get glyph of travel early on, you'll never 'mount' anyway.
    Its just a fix for vehicles, such as Kromogs Rune of the Grasping Hand. Mounts just happen to be in the same category.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Its just a fix for vehicles, such as Kromogs Rune of the Grasping Hand. Mounts just happen to be in the same category.
    Starfall could not be used on Nagrand mount in the last patch. Can someone check now?