Quote Originally Posted by Fluup View Post
    how many % of your damage was treants?
    14,5% according to skada

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlkin View Post
    Starfall could not be used on Nagrand mount in the last patch. Can someone check now?
    Yup, it works. So does CA (it didn't work on that mount before for whatever reason either)

So how does astral communication fit into the rotation? or doesnt it

Quote Originally Posted by Papyscrap View Post
    So how does astral communication fit into the rotation? or doesnt it
    ComLink to the ever increasing assortment of orbital killsats is working peachy. As for Astral Communion, i don't see why we would use it outside of specific fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Flapping Owl is probably my favorite part of the notes today.
    Anyone had a chance to test this? I tried creating level 100s on multiple realms but they all have that particular glyph grayed-out

I'm eager to find out if this is a god-send Slow-fall for boomkins, or if it only slows you for around a second meaning you have to mash it to actually slow your entire fall.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Well, it IS called Flapping Owl. Though with how Slow Fall works, you'd really only need it shortly before impact.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    First off, few if any other DPS (Arms warriors come to mind). actually outdps moonkin right now, and that's WITH the ridiculous freezing going on. It gets even more insane the more targets you add. Of course, tuning hasn't happened and they will tune the damage down a bit.
    Can confirm, arms does retarded damage and it is ridiculously easy to play. We hate it, but it's still better designed than Fury is in WoD. :\

Judging by what I've seen in raid testing and the raid sims that we've run so far in simcraft, it appears that they are shooting for 25k in 660~ ilevel gear.

Thanks for the logs, I see where I'm going wrong in the current action list, I'll try and fix it sometime tomorrow.

A simplified analysis on when to cast MF, when there is no snapshotting. Suppose your only two spells during Lunar are SF (non-empowered) and MF, and you have enough haste so that Lunar is exactly 15 GCD's. You will spend those on seven SF and one MF. The only question is where does MF go in that sequence?

Because SF has higher DPET than the DD from MF, you want the MF cast to occur at lower energy. Because SF lands at the end of its execution time, while MF lands at the beginning of its execution time, it is slightly better to cast the MF while lunar energy is declining, rather than early in lunar.

Suppose your maximum eclipse bonus is 70%. The eclipse bonus at your possible times for casting MF are 35,51,64,70,70,68,58,43%. If you cast MF first, your total SP*(1+eclipse) for the sequence is 25.76*SP, that falls to 25.69 at lunar peak, and then climbs to 25.98 if MF is the last cast.

Casting MF last is about 1% better (for this half-rotation) than casting it at the peak. Casting MF first is about 0.2% better than casting it at the peak.

Losing a full MF tick anywhere on the lunar half (either from letting MF fall off, or by clipping with a too-early refresh) is at least a 2% loss to this half-rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdluf View Post
    Because SF has higher DPET than the DD from MF, you want the MF cast to occur at lower energy. Because SF lands at the end of its execution time, while MF lands at the beginning of its execution time, it is slightly better to cast the MF while lunar energy is declining, rather than early in lunar.
    MF direct damage is better DPET than SF while Lunar Peak buff is active. That is why we're casting it over there.

Duh. I knew that and had totally forgotten it. The double initial damage after Lunar peak is in the patch notes. I can't find it in any tool-tips. Is there someplace I should be looking for that?

Also the DPET increase in that case is very small if I'm reading it right. 56.7*2 SP / GCD = 113.4%/GCD. Starfire (not empowered) is 224.1%/2 GCD's, or 112.05/GCD. There may still be something to be gained by from the beginning of GCD vs. end-of-cast difference, but if so, it will be small. I'll take another look.

Edit:

If those numbers are correct, there is still a small (0.5% at 70% max eclipse) advantage for the MF cast to be near the end of Lunar.

Again, if GCD boundaries occur with the eclipse bonus at 50, 61, 72, 82, 91, 98, 100, 100% of your maximum, and then the same eight numbers decreasing, and casts begin or end at one of those values, you leave Lunar with

MF(100), SF*3 @ (91, 72, 50)

or with

SF*3@(98, 82, 61), MF(61)

The difference between those two sequences is MF(-39), SF(+7,+10,+11) or MF(-39) SF(+28). Since the damage (not DPET) of SF is almost twice that of MF, you get more total direct damage with MF late in the sequence, which allows a few SF to be completed earlier in the sequence.
    Last edited by Erdluf; 2014-08-13 at 09:24 PM.

Duh. I knew that and had totally forgotten it. The double initial damage after Lunar peak is in the patch notes. I can't find it in any tool-tips. Is there someplace I should be looking for that?

Also the DPET increase in that case is very small if I'm reading it right. 56.7*2 SP / GCD = 113.4%/GCD. Starfire (not empowered) is 224.1%/2 GCD's, or 112.05/GCD. There may still be something to be gained by from the beginning of GCD vs. end-of-cast difference, but if so, it will be small. I'll take another look.
    Buff bar, for now. Haven't really seen any ingame indication elsewhere so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we just agree, running around as a mahoosive ass chicken is literally one of the best things.

Deleted
    It's in the MF tooltip.

I've pushed boomkin up to 26k simwise, trying to get the last 1-2k so that I can match what people are doing here. Most of that came from updating mechanic code... I forgot to change stellar flare to no longer snapshot balance energy, and lunar/solar peak buffs weren't working.

Can someone link or explain how you are using starsurges/celestial alignment? I'm thinking that it's probably best to do something like this:

Stellar Flare
    Starsurge in Lunar (lunar empowerment.)
    Celestial Alignment (Around 10-30 lunar?)
    Moonfire
    Starfire
    Starfire
    Starsurge
    Starfire
    Starfire
    (haste dependent)
    Moonfire at the end of celestial

For what it's worth, here are the current stat weight results on single target:

Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-08-14 at 04:00 AM.

Yeah that's exactly it, with a refresh of Stellar directly as CA ends ideally.

Outside of CA its pretty simple, if you're at 2 charges and won't overwrite an empowerment you SS, if you will overwrite an empowerment but you're going from either lunar->solar or solar->lunar you hold it, and if you will overwrite an empowerment and you're at the full energy on either side you starfall.
    At 1 charge you just hold until you're at 60+ energy on either side.
    As far as simming those situations? Maybe not so simple.

If anyone is doing something different than this I'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    snip..
    I have the priority code from my addon, not sure how it'll work with sims (and Im not giving it out to public yet, if i ever will...)
    If you want you can PM me and I'll try to help ya out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    default UI taking a big step up this build:

nvm i lied
    This has been bugging me so much on the beta.. Especially when I'm playing resto. Anyone know how to turn it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Vecayse View Post
    This has been bugging me so much on the beta.. Especially when I'm playing resto. Anyone know how to turn it off?
    Interface -> ActionBars -> Show Numbers for Cooldowns

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapezilla View Post
    Yeah that's exactly it, with a refresh of Stellar directly as CA ends ideally.
    There is no snapshotting anymore, so refresh it, when it is about to fade off.

You're using Flare on the pull and CAing a couple seconds later, which means Flare will fall off < 3 seconds later. Baked in pandemic means you will not lose any ticks by refreshing at this point, but you gain the benefit of the direct damage double dipping from mastery, so I can't see a reason not to refresh when CA is at 1 sec.