Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Don't think starfall needed +20% duration tbh, on fights where it matters you can already keep close to 100% uptime.
    You don't even need Starfall up 100% of the time in most cases. You can still play a min/max game with Starfall via maximizing uptime when it benefits more from Mastery.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

What are the full stat weights looking like Since I'm not on a computer that I can use WrathCalc on right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a very heated discussion with my guild about simcraft's accuracy with me being the sceptic.

So I've been reading here that regardless of recent nerf, moonkins seem fine in beta raids. Then why balance is so low in sims? I suffer from lack of data and due to lack of time I can't really even do any reasonable dummy testing that I could compare to simcraft model.

Another question: any views of what talents would work the best in 6.0.2?

So Starsurge won't be instant until we get the perk during leveling? Or did i get it wrong?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    So Starsurge won't be instant until we get the perk during leveling? Or did i get it wrong?
    I would assume it won't.

Does going into a peak in eclipse give mana like going into eclipse does on live? And is Nature's grace gone as well? I didnt see either mentioned in the patch notes. =c

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Does going into a peak in eclipse give mana like going into eclipse does on live? And is Nature's grace gone as well? I didnt see either mentioned in the patch notes. =c
    Yes and yes. Its like literally IMPOSSIBLE to go oom as balance, even spaming os (resto) spells.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Yes and yes. Its like literally IMPOSSIBLE to go oom as balance, even spaming os (resto) spells.
    Sweet! Thank you for the swift reply. Much appreciated.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I'm in a very heated discussion with my guild about simcraft's accuracy with me being the sceptic.

So I've been reading here that regardless of recent nerf, moonkins seem fine in beta raids. Then why balance is so low in sims? I suffer from lack of data and due to lack of time I can't really even do any reasonable dummy testing that I could compare to simcraft model.

Another question: any views of what talents would work the best in 6.0.2?
    From what i understand the simcraft numbers are based off a standing still Patchwerk style single target fight, which doesn't exist in the Warlords raid tiers. Boomkin does quite well still because most fights involve multiple targets whether that be boss targets or adds and there isn't a great deal of standing still. Simcraft numbers are useful but they are not the be all and end all so don't let them get you or your guild down or think they are an exact representation of how a class will perform fight to fight

As to Talents etc try having a look at Cyous's thread on the official forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14731003143

What are your plans regarding professions? I'll just assume most of you are also running tailoring/engi - do you swap?

Deleted
    Cyous says Mastery->Multistrike->Haste, while a lot of us are saying Mastery->Haste->Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot View Post
    Cyous says Mastery->Multistrike->Haste, while a lot of us are saying Mastery->Haste->Rest
    Not quite, I've been saying | Mastery > MS >= Haste |; big difference. The heavy movement in WoD is why I place MS over Haste, even if just barely better than Haste -- Haste is near useless when you can't cast. MS works on instant spells (Haste does not). Considering simulations, where you don't move at all, MS is favored slightly, though I'm not discounting the extra DOT ticks from Haste with multiple targets, we already know the Haste loses some value when forced to move.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Not quite, I've been saying | Mastery > MS >= Haste |; big difference. The heavy movement in WoD is why I place MS over Haste, even if just barely better than Haste -- Haste is near useless when you can't cast. MS works on instant spells (Haste does not). Considering simulations, where you don't move at all, MS is favored slightly, though I'm not discounting the extra DOT ticks from Haste with multiple targets, we already know the Haste loses some value when forced to move.
    You and your '>='

Not that it is going to matter too much considering reforging is gone

So from what i take from Wrathcraft when 6.0 drops we will basically gem straight int untill WOD hits? or am I reading it wrong. It was bugging for me earlier. But the stat weights I was seeing was like Int=3.9 Mastery=1.75 Haste=1.7 Crit=1.66. Or am I missing something?

Actually, that would be no and yes. We just get amplified mana regen instead, though the net result is the same.

A moonkin that runs out of mana is doing something horribly wrong in ways i can't even imagine.

How can MultiStrike be better than Crit if you have equal amounts of both? Their raw damage-increase potential looks to be equal.

@100
    MS = 1%*2*0.3/66 MS = 0.6%/66 = 1%/110
    Cr = 1%*1/110

Crit also gives you extra shooting stars, MS doesn't (unless I missed it somewhere, and MS procs count as ticks for shooting stars?).

Now at 6.02, most of us will have much more existing Crit than MS, and that helps MS somewhat, but it isn't obvious that it would be enough.

What am I missing here? Does MS change the RPPM rules or something?

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    So from what i take from Wrathcraft when 6.0 drops we will basically gem straight int untill WOD hits? or am I reading it wrong. It was bugging for me earlier. But the stat weights I was seeing was like Int=3.9 Mastery=1.75 Haste=1.7 Crit=1.66. Or am I missing something?
    You can't really use the new version of WrathCalcs in 6.0 at level 90 unless you go in and change the secondary stat rating conversions.

WrathCalcs is assuming you are level 100. So it is showing int as being miles ahead of the secondary stats because it thinks you are level 100 with level 90 gear. It is converting all of your secondary ratings to their percent values using level 100 conversions. I might trying playing around with it tonight if I can figure out how to change the ratings (and I can find someplace to look up the 6.0 rating conversions at level 90).

Quote Originally Posted by Tarm View Post
    You can't really use the new version of WrathCalcs in 6.0 at level 90 unless you go in and change the secondary stat rating conversions.

WrathCalcs is assuming you are level 100. So it is showing int as being miles ahead of the secondary stats because it thinks you are level 100 with level 90 gear. It is converting all of your secondary ratings to their percent values using level 100 conversions. I might trying playing around with it tonight if I can figure out how to change the ratings (and I can find someplace to look up the 6.0 rating conversions at level 90).
    I never even imported my gear I was just going off the base values of the base setup it had. As a rough estimate since rough estimates is basically what most of us will be running on since no one is really caring about the 6.0 lvl 90 numbers right now.

If I'm reading the simulationcraft tables correctly, 90(100) costs to get 1% of a stat are
    23(110) Crit
    23(110) Mastery (but that is actually 1.875% extra damage at peak).
    14(66) Multistrike (2 chances to do 30% extra damage)
    12(57) Resil (Resil is not linear in 5.4, so not sure what this means in 6)
    20(100) Haste
    10(49) PvP Power
    27(130) Versatility healing & damage

Quote Originally Posted by Erdluf View Post
    If I'm reading the simulationcraft tables correctly, 90(100) costs to get 1% of a stat are
    23(110) Crit
    23(110) Mastery (but that is actually 1.875% extra damage at peak).
    14(66) Multistrike (2 chances to do 30% extra damage)
    12(57) Resil (Resil is not linear in 5.4, so not sure what this means in 6)
    20(100) Haste
    10(49) PvP Power
    27(130) Versatility healing & damage
    Since all stats available in 6.0 basically decay at the same rate the only major factor for 6.0 vs wod would be the value of Int vs the value of 2 pt's of mastery. Since we can still use straight int gems in 6.0.