thread obviously needs a reboot....

Anyone tried to figure out whether or not Ravager, etc are going to be used single target?

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Its like that since Cata. Dunno if they changed it for MoP cause i didn't any macros for it, but i do remember cata arms stance/ability dance with 1 button press.
    I didn't DPS warr much in Cata, but I'm ppppppretty sure it required 2 presses at minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I didn't DPS warr much in Cata, but I'm ppppppretty sure it required 2 presses at minimum.
    Correct. One press to change stances and another to execute the ability.

Yeah, you had to press twice. Shit sucked.

Also, did I miss the notes somewhere or is it another 'hidden' change that on the beta wild strike has a baseline 1s GCD?

Also, did I miss the notes somewhere or is it another 'hidden' change that on the beta wild strike has a baseline 1s GCD?
    Last thing I saw, was supposed to be 0.5 sec. If it's 1.0 sec reduced by haste, that'd be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    Last thing I saw, was supposed to be 0.5 sec. If it's 1.0 sec reduced by haste, that'd be interesting
    It's DEFINITELY not that fast yet, that's not in the beta. I was hitting dummies yesterday and noticed I could always fit 3 WSs between a BT without delaying it, even without bloodsurge.

Deleted
    Judging by the tweets I've just read, I'm likely to not bother playing a Warrior as DPS in WoD.

It was a hidden change Jalopy. It's currently 1s and reduced by HLR.

Last I heard and what they are hinting at is trying to baseline it at 0.5s (assuming not reduced by HLR) which is just going to get ridiculous, especially inside CS.

Celestalon tweets reasoning for removing HS as "simplification" and I am literally facepalming to keep my head from smacking the table. Even god damn Ret Paladins have more buttons than we do. We have the absolute simplest rotation and least number of buttons of any class in the game after these changes, and Arms is even worse!

I'm really starting to think someone out there just hates Warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    thread obviously needs a reboot....

Anyone tried to figure out whether or not Ravager, etc are going to be used single target?
    Right now Ravager is better than all. Not only is it incredibly overpowered damage wise, it is affected by CS; so it is a clear single target gain as well as AoE gain.

Deleted
    It's so fucking counter-productive to remove Heroic Strike and put Wild Strike on a 0.5 second CD. Why not just flat out remove Wild Strike? It's completely hypocritical, I don't see the point?

Let's remove their rage bleed ability
    Then forcabley fuck with a different ability to make it into the new rage bleed ability
    But put it on the Global CD so it's NOT a rage bleed ability and part of the rotation

????

With WS being on such a short GCD it seems like you'd almost have to have some kind of macro to ensure you don't fuck up

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    It's so fucking counter-productive to remove Heroic Strike and put Wild Strike on a 0.5 second CD. Why not just flat out remove Wild Strike? It's completely hypocritical, I don't see the point?

Let's remove their rage bleed ability
    Then forcabley fuck with a different ability to make it into the new rage bleed ability
    But put it on the Global CD so it's NOT a rage bleed ability and part of the rotation

????
    TLDR: They have no clue what they are doing.

Scratch that, every class got a little bit of dumbing down. Fury was petty much perfect and they had to find something to cull. I am normally extremely realistic and can reason things out but that is the only explanation I can think of. I have yet to find a Warrior who seriously mismanages Heroic Strike. It just isn't difficult.
    Sure there are some who don't like it, but that is where Glyph of CS and Ignite Weapon came in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    TLDR: They have no clue what they are doing.

Scratch that, every class got a little bit of dumbing down. Fury was petty much perfect and they had to find something to cull. I am normally extremely realistic and can reason things out but that is the only explanation I can think of. I have yet to find a Warrior who seriously mismanages Heroic Strike. It just isn't difficult.
    Sure there are some who don't like it, but that is where Glyph of CS and Ignite Weapon came in.
    It's mind-boggling how they're ignoring so much feedback, I can't understand or believe why.

I know I'm just arguing for the sake of it, but I'm really struggling to believe Arms is going to be left to what it is now... Not in a sarcastic way, I just ... Can't understand why anyone thinks this is a good change.

Good Evening fellow Warriors, long time lurker first post ever on the forums. Given the state of things and the good discussions being held, at least on the community's part have left me wanting to join in. Now with that out of the way, I've always tried to avoid reading any inflection in electronic communications. Whether at work, or elsewhere. Regarding Celestation's recent tweets the lack of depth and insight, come off as somewhat 'curt' to me. Now, it may in fact be his intention to be somewhat 'matter of fact', but it doesn't exactly leave a person with the hope that things will alter much.

As others have pointed out, its still early (not as early as last week) but still early and things could change. My hope is that the community feedback, both good and bad will warrant some more in depth responses on the Blue's part regarding reasoning and insight into future. Keep up the good work. Ultimately I think it boils down to a comment made earlier, we want to know that our classes and specs will remain engaging and at the same time competitive. Its not simply enough to have a top melee dps class/spec if you can drop some pop tarts into the toaster during the middle of your rotation. Okay, so maybe that's embellishing a bit. I won't lie, I want to know that I can still do as well 'numbers wise' as any other melee in a raid. Taking into account skill and gear variances. I don't want to see warriors less than what they are, and I feel like its going that way. Maybe not?

I thought I read somewhere, during the end of Wrath that a comment came from Blizzard stating that using 'WW' as a Single-Target ability was a poor design. Why go back to that? I've seen the question asked multiple times, but little to know response as to why they chose that particular ability. It really has me wondering, why they've chosen not to include overpower or slam to be used in place of WW as a single target filler? Where is the harm in some justification comments on their part? It's also sad to see the removal of the added benefits of the removed abilities, like the CD reduction of MS from OP. Abilities that play off of each other assist in keeping a player engaged. Not to mention the lack of procs in the ARMS kit right now. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but man I find myself really irritated.

I enjoy the warrior class more than any other, and regardless will continue to main a warrior. Its no doubt disheartening to see the class, and my favorite spec so upended. Perhaps it would make things better hearing or understanding end goal on the blue's part. Something more than 'We want to return ARMS to a HARD hitting spec', but maybe thats asking too much.

My primary reason for wanting beta has now changed from wanting to test warrior changes to wanting to look at Rogue/Hunter/DK changes and see how their rotations feel, because I just don't think I can enjoy what warriors are looking like at the moment.

God help us if hardly anything changes.

Maybe for fury at least if they absolutely refuse to change the direction they could do some sort of buff upon reaching maximum rage. Increase damage by X% and double all rage costs until you fall below 30 rage or something. /shrug
    Last edited by Artunias; 2014-06-28 at 10:57 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to be optimistic about the alpha changes, trying to rationalize things - "surely they're just testing how rotation will be without this and that, but this won't be final" - trying to think the devs surely must have ideas in their heads we don't know and we're seeing just part of the picture... but... reading these last batch of arms and fury warrior changes... now even I am thinking Blizz don't know what they're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Its like that since Cata. Dunno if they changed it for MoP cause i didn't any macros for it, but i do remember cata arms stance/ability dance with 1 button press.
    With a generic macro like: " /cast [nostance: 2] Defensive Stance; Shield Wall " you need to press it twice, but who know if there's a way to make one which works with one press...
    Last edited by Artorius; 2014-06-28 at 11:03 PM.

I thought when they first told us about ability pruning they were planning on stuff that isn't needed/can be lost for the sake of simplification. I think where they lost their marbles is they seem to think simplification=easier and it doesn't. The changes to fury are ass backward they should have removed ws if they really needed to get rid of something. That plus glyph of cs/ignite would simplify and make the rotation accessible but leaving in hs keeps the depth. And don't get me started on arms that is the dumbest thing I have ever seen them do to warriors ever period.

Yeah, again as others have said. I think a little more depth in their responses about why they're doing what they're doing might help folks sleep better. I mean i get that there are limits to what can be revealed, but at the same time I don't think anyone has really understood the reasoning behind a lot of the changes, more so for ARMS.

If they HAD to remove something and wanted to make it more simple, why not just remove Wild Strike which I've heard anyone say they like and relatively new, vs Heroic Strike which iconic and 10 years old. So confused and concerned right now.
    Last edited by GutsTheWarrior; 2014-06-28 at 11:52 PM.