Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warcraft 4?!?!?!?

So a girl just asked a question about reintroducing playable versions of the original Warcraft games on modern computers. One of the panel guys said they are working on something like that now! Remakes possibly? Updated graphics? Warcraft 4?!?!? LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!

Deleted
    sounded more like a hd remake of warcraft 1-3 not warcraft 4.

like how Aoe2 just got a HD remake.

People are working on a side project to update the old Warcraft games to run on modern versions of Windows.

It was a remake with new graphic , not a new warcraft. They cant make a Warcraft 4 when wow is running :P DOH

Judging from the frontpage text it doesn't even sound like a remake or anything, just a simple port.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, calm the fuck down.

Second, they said they are re-releasing WC 1 through 3 (presumably including the expansions for each tier) to work on current Windows operating systems (8, 7, Vista and XP)
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Any Warcraft RTS with the graphics of Heroes of the Storm would fill my eyeball sacks with runny dripping bodily fluids made of concentrated emotions and those fluids would bring dead trees to life and dead puppies back to playing with kittens, as the universe wills.

Remakes would be incredible, so would a new Warcraft game.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    First of all, calm the fuck down.

Second, they said they are re-releasing WC 1 through 3 (presumably including the expansions for each tier) to work on current Windows operating systems (8, 7, Vista and XP)
    That's not what they said, at all. Watch it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give me Warcraft 1,2, and 3 with starcraft 2 level graphics so I can die happy

Remaking the RTS games for modern systems is the best thing zI have heard in the Q&A, though I have no problem running Warcraft 3 on my Win7 comp

They're just making the old games functional on current PC hardware, and they'll release it free on Battle.net like they did with Blackthorne.

Go look at the section of your Battle.net account where you download games. Blackthorne is there and readily available to play now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the amount of assets they've created for Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft 2 Editor so far it would be perfectly feasible to recreate say WarCraft 3 in the SC2 engine.

Would be freaking sweet also seeing all their classic games be implemented in the new Battle.Net desktop app. Easier to communicate that way.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean Warcraft 5 right? Because idk if you've noticed or just been living under a rock the last 10 years but Warcraft 4 has been out for a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    They cant make a new Warcraft RTS silly! We have WoW! Possibly a revamp of the old RTS

Quote Originally Posted by j0053 View Post
    So a girl just asked a question about reintroducing playable versions of the original Warcraft games on modern computers. One of the panel guys said they are working on something like that now! Remakes possibly? Updated graphics? Warcraft 4?!?!? LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!
    Its "just" remakes so that they will work on new computers, hopefully with better graphics aswell.

Deleted
    I still think they should dump most of the WoW story as non-canon and make a Warcraft 4 with the artstyle of Heroes of the Storm (or maybe just a bit more rugged one)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see a HD version of Warcraft series
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    sounded more like a hd remake of warcraft 1-3 not warcraft 4.

like how Aoe2 just got a HD remake.
    Precisely this

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Considering the amount of assets they've created for Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft 2 Editor so far it would be perfectly feasible to recreate say WarCraft 3 in the SC2 engine.
    God I hope they're never gonna do something like that. The wc3 engine feels superior to the SC2 one. Not graphically ofc, but in every other sense.