Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    I'm not sure what you're referring to. Any item with Bonus Armor on it will have either Strength or Agility as a +Str/Agi stat. Having Bonus Armor on the item means it replaces another secondary stat on it.

http://wod.wowhead.com/items=4?filte...09;crs=1;crv=0
    I know but Arielle didn't mention Bonus Armor in his stat priority so I'm just wondering if that's due to the current PvP gear not having Bonus Armor on it making it difficult to rate.

Edit: Is that gear you linked even available on the beta or just datamined?
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-08-25 at 03:58 PM.

Most of those are going to be 5 mans, lfr/raid content, apexis shard stuff, etc. Generally if it has a real name and not "6.0 blah blah blah" it's already in the game, just not attributed to a boss/zone yet.

e: According to Chaud

Heroic (which is Normal on live) is 680 and Mythic (which is Heroic on live) is 695.

I know but Arielle didn't mention Bonus Armor in his stat priority so I'm just wondering if that's due to the current PvP gear not having Bonus Armor on it making it difficult to rate.
    Sorry, I implied Bonus Armor was the best stat and since it only occurs on a small number of slots I didn't bother listing it.

Deleted
    Hey , could someone explain to me what TDR , DTPS and TMI stands for ?

TDR = TotalDamageReduce ?!?

If its just what abrevations mean then:
    total damage reduction
    damage taken per second
    theck meloree index
    If to actually explain what each of them do, wouldn't mind a dumbed down version myself

I think the names of the two first terms says it all. Theck-Meloree Index in simple terms measures damage taken, similar to DTPS, but it tells us how spiky the damage was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I think the names of the two first terms says it all. Theck-Meloree Index in simple terms measures damage taken, similar to DTPS, but it tells us how spiky the damage was.
    Yeah. It's a measurement of how "spikey" damage intake on a tank is, relative to HP. Whether or not this actually matters is totally up to you. Guardians have horrid TMI on live, but it doesn't matter because we instant heal any damage we take. It's just a better way of measuring survival than pure EH or TTL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming nerf to all tanks. I wonder how they are going to further nerf bears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

TBH i find bear tanks feel pretty fine, we can survive everything, but bosses actually make you stay on your toes because of the damage intake.. ive never used my CDs on regular autoattacks as much as i do right now... I kinda wish all tanks get brought down to our level.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Incoming nerf to all tanks. I wonder how they are going to further nerf bears.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Resolve gets hit. Easy way to globally nerf all tanks.

Pulverize probably has to take a nerf as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Resolve gets hit. Easy way to globally nerf all tanks.

Pulverize probably has to take a nerf as well.
    Honestly don't think they will nerf it, it seems like they want to nerf everything but it.

I'm sure they read these forums and the ones on main site and have read how good it is, how strong it is, it needs a nerf etc. If they do nerf it at this point, can only hope they give us some of our passive mitigation back even if its only 5%.

What i would of liked to seen is, it gets nerfed down some and becomes baseline (which forces them to make it AoE/Incarnation friendly) and replace it with a talent that does something with FR +healing and puts the OH into an Absorb or + Healing and adds a HoT for x% of amount healed over Y secs. This way we have a talent for better dealing with multiple targets, one that's better for single target/magic fights, and one for fights with lots of big hits (Impale type comes to mind).

I'm in favor of bringing pulverize down a bit and adding back some passive mitigation. As it stands currently it's incredibly punishing when you can't keep it up due to movement or aoe. It's not a fun situation to be in where you have to choose between picking up and establishing threat on the new adds that just spawned or keeping up Pulverize and I really don't want to be dealing with a 10 second maintenance buff for an entire expansion. They can increase the duration and that would help some but I would really like the tier to either be highly situational or provide another 'general tanking' option, adding a passive DR to Bristling fur might be what the tier needs. I'm just not a huge fan of our passive damage reduction being seemingly balanced with Pulverize in mind, because without it we will be taking considerably more damage than another tank.

Deleted
    Hello bears. I'm new to this spec, trying to learn it. Can someone explain to me when to use savage defense vs frenzied regen vs maul (aka all the spenders)? Thanks in advance!

So, basically Shuffle without the ability to extend the duration beyond 10 seconds ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    So, basically Shuffle without the ability to extend the duration beyond 10 seconds ?
    That's the part that feels particularly terrible (speaking as a monk here). Even if you refresh it early it only goes to 10 seconds. That definitely needs to be fixed (and likely the duration extended too) so you can actually bank it before time away from the boss/burst aoe situations/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitmajere View Post
    That's the part that feels particularly terrible (speaking as a monk here). Even if you refresh it early it only goes to 10 seconds. That definitely needs to be fixed (and likely the duration extended too) so you can actually bank it before time away from the boss/burst aoe situations/etc.
    Yep. Fun part: With the right talent, Shuffle is a complete non-issue to Brewmasters in Warlords. Not that it was much of an issue before, but it's strange to see Guardians go down the path of non-stackable Shuffle...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Hello bears. I'm new to this spec, trying to learn it. Can someone explain to me when to use savage defense vs frenzied regen vs maul (aka all the spenders)? Thanks in advance!
    Not quite the right thread to ask in- this thread is mostly for discussion of WoD bear playstyle/stats/ect.

Anyway, at non-heroic playing lvls..

Use SD on CD.

Use Maul when you get TC proc.

Use FR when you need heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Yea I know that, was wondering which to use first if I have all 3 conditions: SD ready, TC proc, and need heals (let's say, > 50% hp).

Recent tweet from Celestalon: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...76690470916096

All tanks. Current plans: Tweak the design of Resolve. Lower tank health. Lower tank mitigation. Lower boss damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitmajere View Post
    Hardly, increasing the duration (and making Incarnation not be horrible with it) pretty much resolves the current "no free GCDs" issue with it.

Yea I know that, was wondering which to use first if I have all 3 conditions: SD ready, TC proc, and need heals (let's say, > 50% hp).
    Not as easy as that. How much Rage do you have? What's going to happen in the next 2-3 seconds? Do you have a CD up? What are your healers doing?

The general rule is: Keep SD up, use T&C on CD, FR if you need to. However there are lots of things that can change that.