Poll: Should Primary stats be called "Power" removing previous primary stat names

Is it time for a "Power" stat?

With the following WoD changes combined with the changes regarding primary stat changing with gear, is it time to dismiss the cosmetic stat name change and simply call agility, strength and intelligence "Power"?

The "primary" stats, Agility, Strength, and Intellect, are foundations of a character's power. But they have not been created equally, making it difficult to properly balance them against secondary stats. The leading reason for this is that Agility and Intellect also provide Critical chance, in addition to Attack Power or Spell Power, whereas Strength does not. In order to achieve better balance, we've removed the Critical chance increase from Agility and Intellect. Still, it felt like Agility-based characters should critically strike more often, so we've raised those classes' baseline Critical Strike chance to compensate.

no. did you not read the patch notes?
    Int and agi no longer give crit. so Str, agi, and int are now even
    everyone also gets base of 5% crit to compensate for the changes.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    no. did you not read the patch notes?
    Int and agi no longer give crit. so Str, agi, and int are now even
    everyone also gets base of 5% crit to compensate for the changes.
    no. did you not read the thread topic?

On topic: Well, it might drive off some people changing gear that drasticly but that might as well be the point in adding tertiary stats.

however I don't see a logical reason not to just call it power, as int changes to agi or str based on spec. And int agi or str scales differently per character I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    no. did you not read the thread topic?

On topic: Well, it might drive off some people changing gear that drasticly but that might as well be the point in adding tertiary stats.

however I don't see a logical reason not to just call it power, as int changes to agi or str based on spec. And int agi or str scales differently per character I think.
    It makes the game more bland to just call it power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Interchangeable is the word you are looking for, and I agree. The gear in TERA worked a bit like that. Armor was divided into types like heavy, medium and light, but every one in those particular armor types could actually use those armors. Nothing wrong with gear consolidation. Means bosses with smaller loot tables and more loot gets used.

10+ Year Old Account
    In WoD, Agi/Int/Str will be a defacto power stat..

If you have a leather chest, it will work as Agi for ferals and guardians, but Int for Resto and Moonies..
    Effectively, that is just a power stat..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

No because that would put competition between tanks/healers and damage dealers over loot.
    Healer: "This ring has more power than mine!" Tank: "but it has cleave damage!" Damage Dealer: "that's clearly a ring for dps" healer: "I would heal more with that much power"...

No thank you.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

At this point we might as well just scrap armor types and just turn every boss drop into a timeless isle piece. Now your Chestguard of the Time-traveling Vanquisher is a useable item with the tool tip: Creates a chest piece of an armor type useful to your class and specialization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    No because that would put competition between tanks/healers and damage dealers over loot.
    Healer: "This ring has more power than mine!" Tank: "but it has cleave damage!" Damage Dealer: "that's clearly a ring for dps" healer: "I would heal more with that much power"...

No thank you.
    With stats changing based on spec and the lack of reforging that is basically going to happen anyway. A plate piece that drops will be fought over by every plate wearer in the raid. Basically everyone is going to become just like hunters in Vanilla and roll on everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post

No thank you.
    Specifically with what you are saying that won't work. At least for rings. Tanks will most likely want rings with armor, healers will want rings with spirit. So those slots are fine. Armor is changing to basically have a power stat anyway, so it basically will be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Specifically with what you are saying that won't work. At least for rings. Tanks will most likely want rings with armor, healers will want rings with spirit. So those slots are fine. Armor is changing to basically have a power stat anyway, so it basically will be that.
    This is my impression as well, by placing the old stat name on items it would only cause confusion when people who don't know the new system see people rolling on gear with their stats on it. While this problem would go away over time, there's no real reason to keep the old stat names that balances against this difficulty. Calling it power would iron out the transition to the new stat style.

Already have it, it is called ilevel.

Str, Int and Agi play their part in terms of itemizing items for each class. If a 1h-Sword dropped, and it had 500 power, 200 crit, 200 haste, that sword would be viable for like, every DPS class in the game that could equip a sword. By separating items by their respective stat category, you won't run into this problem.

Armour in WoD is going to be doing this. Helmets, shoulders, chests, legs, gloves, boots and bracers have flexible primary stats based on what spec you are in, which is similar to your concept of 'power'. Not having it apply to necks, rings, weapons, capes and trinkets should be a healthy balance.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    What its named isn't going to be what makes it bland.

You would have noob or troll players needing on items that are not their type (plate on cloth etc) just because it looks like an upgrade to them, without realizing they lose the armor type set bonus passive...

Also it would be immensely lame (and game changing) if every necklace and trinket and ring in the game became 100% wanted and usable by EVERY class.

Deleted
    I'd like this actually.

Power for PvE & PvP Power for PvP. Would be great for hybrid classes that need to change spec on the spot.

Since Int/Str/Agi will already change based on spec, and the three have exactly the same functionality relative to their specs, it's already so in all but name. An alternative, if they want to keep the names from a stat sheet perspective, is to just call it Power on gear and have it increase the primary stat of the current spec. Either way, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter what they call it, they're all interchangeable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    I understand where you're coming from with this - the primaries are basically just the same stat for the corresponding class so what is stopping them from renaming it Power and having all gear apply to everyone?

However, I think there still needs to be at the very least a small categorical sense to the items, despite the fact that it is almost redundant.