Thread: Sym-bye-osis :(

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sym-bye-osis :(

They're removing Symbiosis. This spell is so cool though D: Is it a welcomed change, or, what?

Was nice to have AMS.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll definitely be missing my Overgrown Lilypad Rejuvenation on my Warlock, but I'm not sure if I've ever actually had a druid cast Symbiosis on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already mourn the loss of mobile tranq.

Deleted
    For classes other than druid casting symbiosis it was rather situational. May have more impact in pvp (but who gives a shit about that clusterfuckked-gameplay-bullshit) For example i have never seen a mage cast healing touch or warlocks rejuvenation. I was extremely useless for my class and required another keybind in case it was required for a boss fight or something. Prowl though? If i got something other than solar beam on my elemental shaman, say Incarnation or some major dps cooldown it would be overpowered, mandatory & result in a lot of bitching about.

I'm actually glad it's gone.
    Last edited by mmocf17d6adc2f; 2014-04-04 at 08:13 AM.

Should have never been in the game tbh. Now druids can be balanced with the lack of symb in mind (as evident by all specs getting surv instincts) and other classes don't have to allocate a bind to getting symb in the case it's actually useful. When you consider that more than half the specs in the game got nothing useful from it.... it was a lackluster ability for the none druid in the relationship a lot of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    See you space cowboy.

Seriously its a shame that fun ability like that gets removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I *HATED* the spell..
    As a boomkin, there was only DK, Lock and Rogue (in that order) who was usefull to symbiosis, yet 90% of my raids in MoP had neither of those classes..

Also, the "other player" usually benefitted more from Symbiosis that I did.. Why did they both get a level 87 skill AND my Symbiosis, where I only got Symbiosis, which was rarely usefull?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Wrath as a ret paladin already

This spell was cool on paper but not fair in many ways ingame. Some classes benefited way too much.

Deleted
    It was nice having a heal on my mage. I'll miss that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I *HATED* the spell..
    As a boomkin, there was only DK, Lock and Rogue (in that order) who was usefull to symbiosis, yet 90% of my raids in MoP had neither of those classes..

Also, the "other player" usually benefitted more from Symbiosis that I did.. Why did they both get a level 87 skill AND my Symbiosis, where I only got Symbiosis, which was rarely usefull?
    Are you serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Are you serious?
    Do I give you any indication, that I'm not?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Eh had no benefit to me in PVE on my Priest, and no benefit in PVE or PVP on my Warlock, since I can just Embertap.

As someone who has a druid as their main PvP-char, I'm not sad to see it go.

Deleted
    Will not be missed.

"Feral LF arena cap, pref...fuck that, MUST be Pala or Priest"

Never really used it. The times when I actually wanted even more HP as a DK tank were rare to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will the Lily pad still work?

I love having a burst of speed from Dash in Pandaria.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Will the Lily pad still work?

I love having a burst of speed from Dash in Pandaria.
    I don't see why it wouldn't, but it is probably one of the many toys blizz put in that game that only work on pandaria, so it will still be largely useless.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really going to miss my... um, what was that thing for healing priests? Cyclone? Roots?

A lot of Symbiosis abilities were so random and quirky. I suppose they were useful in PVP or something, but they were balanced very poorly.

Deleted
    It gave me Rebirth as a holy pally, that came in handy a few times in raids. But, in WoD it will be gone and most likely my holy pally will be benched too. R.I.P Wings of awesomeness..

It could have been a great spell, but there was just to much work to make it balanced enough to be between useful and overpowered. I guess.