DoT Snapshotting

Hey guys,

I've had a question about DoT snapshotting and I thought of bringing it up to see what your opinions are.
    So let's say I get a procc ( KTT procc ). Which lasts 10seconds. And let's say my DoTs on the target will expire in 10 seconds also.
    MB CD is going to be up in 4 seconds ( Meaning while the procc is going to have 6 seconds left ) and it isn't the 3rd orb Mind Blast. The target is above 25% hp.

Up till now I used to redot just as the procc would run out and right before my DoTs ran out.
    My question is, would redoting right when the procc occured and then again right before it ran out be better? So I'm comparing the 2 extra GCDs I'm using to DoT up for a 2nd time to not DoTing up and using them to Mind Flay/Halo or w/e.

I'm sorry in advance if this has been answered somewhere but all I've found are conflicting opinions
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait it out, you won't have to worry about it soon.

I knew I'd get a response like that :P
    It's more of a theoretical question since the DPS difference is probably really small. I'd still like to know what the perfect way to do it would be though.
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Deleted
    With KKT its easy to answer this question, gets more complicated with Bboy though.
    As long as you are going to be able to get 2 full insanity channels off during the ktt proc and still get out the buffed dotset you should do that.
    If you are dubious whether or not this will be the case , redot prior to your dp. At least thats what i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    With KKT its easy to answer this question, gets more complicated with Bboy though.
    As long as you are going to be able to get 2 full insanity channels off during the ktt proc and still get out the buffed dotset you should do that.
    If you are dubious whether or not this will be the case , redot prior to your dp. At least thats what i do.
    Thx for the answer I was talking about non-insanity MF though :P While DP isn't on the target. E.g When I have 1 orb and this happens. But I guess the same applies there also.
    I know It gets really weird with BBoY but since Garrosh hates me I haven't gotten it yet... Any version of it :P Looking forward to it though :P
    Zoulr of Hexagon

I always prioritize MB over pretty but anything, except super buffing my dots. With BBoY things are much more complex (I track each stack with a WA which lets me know what I probably should do with the proc, but I switched in a heroic KTT for the simplicity.)

So in this situation, I would refresh my dots and hope I can squeeze in MB for that orb at extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    I always prioritize MB over pretty but anything, except super buffing my dots. With BBoY things are much more complex (I track each stack with a WA which lets me know what I probably should do with the proc, but I switched in a heroic KTT for the simplicity.)

So in this situation, I would refresh my dots and hope I can squeeze in MB for that orb at extra damage.

That is not my question :P Everyone should be prioritizing MB over everything :P My question pertains the difference between, snapshotting twice or going for 2 more GCDs of MF and snapshotting only once in the end of the procc :P
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    That is not my question :P Everyone should be prioritizing MB over everything :P My question pertains the difference between, snapshotting twice or going for 2 more GCDs of MF and snapshotting only once in the end of the procc :P
    It will depend on your current dot strength. If the added dot damage is bigger than 2 ticks of mind flay then yes, refreshing is better. If not, then just keep channeling.

I would likely refresh my dots twice in that scenario. However its probably a fairly trivial difference. The only time I'm really digging for those snapshots like that is multi target fights and in that case I would be focusing on getting out as many of them ok nto targets as possible.

However in a single target scenario I probably would refresh the dots twice depending on movement. If I have to move, a VT and a running SW:P is more time on the boss that running and planting for MF.

Thank you kind sirs.
    More or less what I thought it would be but more opinions always count
    Zoulr of Hexagon