Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why come back now?

I was thinking about re-subbing, but after seeing the new patch notes for the expansion (which I actually like by the way), why come back now? Why try to master a class when most of the rotations will be different soon? Do you guys think Blizzard is banking on WoD too much? I predict a huge sub loss, not because of people quitting, but people not coming back into the game until WoD.

I do really want to come back and play, there is a huge game-drought right now for my Xbox One. I'm just skeptical about it. Everything is going to be changing, why adapt to coming back if I have to adapt again anyway?
    Last edited by Jayjayhey; 2014-04-04 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No idea you have minimal of 4-5 months till expansion I would wait.

In my opinion, I have been unsubbing and subbing on and off since Cata and every time I come back it is the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    6.0 looks scary as hell.
    im tempted to resub for a month to enjoy the game before they blow it up.

Its like the North Korea strategy of subscriptions.... well played Blizz.

I probably won't go back to wow until it's F2P

Which will probably be after WoD lol

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to play now go for it. The changes will take some adjusting to of course, but I can't imagine it being that difficult of a change. Nothing that should keep you from playing at least, but that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No new content = no sub. Simple enough.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    You mean 8+ months

10+ Year Old Account
    How should we know why you would want to come back or not? Personally, I think it's silly to come back and try to do serious progression in PVE or PVP, but I can see resubscribing, leveling a bit and messing about for a month or two if you want. Yeah yeah you'll have to learn new things in WoD - that's the same as most expansions.

Bottom line? It's your time and your money. Do what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I came back to play a game that I thought I would be playing for a while til school and til dark souls 2. Plus to help me deal with the surgery.

I am pretty sure I won't be playing after dark souls 2 pc release. Guild Wars 2 update though on Apr 15 does look good though.

WoD won't be around until late September at the earliest. That's 5 months. $15x5 = $75. Go buy either Wildstar or ESO and try them out for their free 30 days. Or your choice of a single player game.

I resubbed after Blizzcon, having not played much of MoP I had more than enough to do. Having guildmates helps a lot too.

4 patches of content is not too bad, the argument that there isn't much reason to sub at the end of an expansion is technically a bit strange, as you've got the most content then. Of course if you only care about getting epic gear, catch-up things like Timeless Isle won't let that take too much of your time, but there is four versions of SoO to crawl through, LFR, Flexible, Normal and Heroic. Personally I'm still on flex. There's also the fairly lengthy legendary quest that more or less guides you through the expansion.

The free 90 boost you get for pre purchasing WoD is also a thing you can spend time on, getting to know your new alt or whatever. Besides that, Blizzard just released Reaper of Souls as their gaming-alternative for the time being, otherwise you can play other games or do other stuff while using this as a break of sorts.

But to answer the "why come back now" question more directly, honestly, the changes aren't so huge that knowing the game right now is completely useless in 6.0. I think it would even be a little bit more overwhelming to get back if you have played during MoP to get the changes thrown at your head at the same time as starting again. Although do note the changes will be active a month or so before WoD launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I resubbed after Blizzcon, having not played much of MoP I had more than enough to do. Having guildmates helps a lot too.
    I think this is one situation where it does make sense to resub - if you want to catchup on what MoP was, don't care overly much about getting a progression raid, etc sure, come back. But if you played for a lot of MoP's first year, I'd not bother.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-04-05 at 12:14 AM.

Why not wait till a month from release or so. No point in dorking around now unless you really want to experience last years content again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I probably won't go back to wow until it's F2P
    Which is never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you miss running around in the world.

I wouldn't if I were you. There will be nothing new for 6 - 8 months because Blizzard fails at releasing content.

It's not really worth playing wow atm, timeless isle is boring. Best to save your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrowstormen best summarized my feelings on this. I came after like 5 months after Blizzcon and the introduction of WoD had me excited. Anything with Gul'Dan and Ner'Zhul had me excited a lot. We all knew we would face Gul'Dan again at some point, maybe even in death.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Pretty much this ^

There is very little reason to pay for WOW at the moment and for teh next 4-6 months.

Wait till beta starts, get the latest scoop on what the expansion will bring them make a decision.

Resubbing right now. Not a good time.